It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lamar Smith, SOPA Author, Caught Red-Handed Infringing Copyright

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong, I find this incredibly interesting and somewhat hilarious that he is receiving first hand experience with the pitfalls of his own system; even before it is applicable.

That being said, this will not be enough to sway any minds who are for the bill (idk how anyone rational can be). I say it is not enough because it is just a picture on a website that he hired someone else to do in confidence. Any small business owner will have sentiments for him, simply because they have gone through the task of creating a website for their company; you really are at the mercy of your designer. I am a graphic designer, I know. lol

So while I love it for entertainment because I am strongly against SOPA. Its not going to do too much to stop it from passing. The info on the people in government using torrents for movies and what not, will however.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

That makes sense, but what doesn't and still irks me about these companies is how they give the digital copy to everyone that buys their DVD's and that they have sites like iTunes. Yes you have to buy it, but once someone buys it do they really expect people to keep it to themselves? I've known quite a few people that buy something off iTunes, put it on their iPods or whatever else MP3 the use, then proceed to give out said song to friends.
IMHO, they're basically asking for their products to be pirated and shared with others.

Sorry for the late reply i havent been back to the thread until now.

I worded a part wrong in my post but those digital copies that people get next to their physical copies are actually those downloads i mentioned (because sometimes they are offered as a optional download).You cannot simply hand these out to friends because they wont work except on the device they are registered on which would be the DRM security.

My bad for not being very clear on that part

<< 1   >>

join