It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert to Announce 2012 Republican Run

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's right, he's doing it again. Comedian Stephen Colbert is going to announce if he's going to officially run for office on tonight's show.

Now, I know many of you think that the Republicans in the field are crazy and fake, so why not a real crazy/fake republican? Played by the democrat Stephen Colbert. He'll have just as much a chance as anybody.

edit on 12-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
He certainly would have support if he did. But a lot of common enemies would be itching to target him.
What are his policies? Opposite of everything now? I would vote for that.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'd laugh if he got the nomination over Obama. MSM would be in a tizzy.

Duh, on me for thinking this is real.
edit on 1/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What's funniest about this to me is that Donald Trump was taken seriously yet this is viewed at as a joke. As hilarious as Stephen Colbert is, he will never be a bigger joke than the Trump.

Now if only he'd be Dr. Paul's running mate...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sometimes, i really can't stand Stephen.

I Don't understand why he even has guests on his show if he's not going to let them speak at all.

Now Jon Stewart, i don't mind watching him at all. Smart, funny, LOGICAL.

It'd just be a big joke.

Stewart is in the same type of "arena" but his jokes aren't ignorant and stupid. Colbert is an act. i mean isn't he?

I can't take him seriously at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Colbert's character is a caricature. Apparently it's pretty good if you are criticizing his "negative" traits. I'm not sure you fully get it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't i guess.

I sort of do now.

I guess i just don't understand why he'd build his entire show around that caricature. I see the satirical aspect of it, and i guess it could be genius in a way.

But on to the topic, i wouldn't be able to take him seriously if he ran, unless he is more..er...serious?

i dunno.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Colbert is the funniest person on TV imo.

I hope he whoops everyone in NC!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Colbert is running as REPUBLICAN...

Hopefully he doesn't get any votes, all we need now is another candidate. Time for a one on one between Paul and Romney so Paul can crush Romney.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeawesome

I thought he said he's starting an exploratory committee to possibly run in SC not NC from the video I saw on hulu where he transferred the superpac to John Stewart.
www.hulu.com...
Hulu had the whole clip I found a summary of clips on it on youtube

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

I guess he did just say he was forming an exploratory committee. I thought he did that on the show before and all I saw him say was "I'M DOIN IT!!!" LOL and yea I mixed up NC and SC.

Washington Post on Cobert

Colbert said he was inspired to possibly run for president by the results of a recent Public Policy Polling survey of 1,112 likely Republican primary voters in South Carolina. The Democrat-aligned firm found in an automated telephone survey conducted Jan. 5-7 that Colbert had 5 percent support, compared with 4 percent for Huntsman, a former Utah governor, who placed third in New Hampshire’s primary this week. Colbert displayed the numbers on his show Wednesday, declaring, “This just got real.”

I think it's awesome that he beat an established candidate through write-in's and hadn't even joked about running this year until he got the news.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hes plays an extremely good pretend republican. I find myself getting angry with him at times, only to remember hes just a jokester and not really an adoring fan of idiots like Oriely.

At least I hope hes not. But being a democrat, I think that makes it a safe bet hes not.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
Sometimes, i really can't stand Stephen.

I Don't understand why he even has guests on his show if he's not going to let them speak at all.

Now Jon Stewart, i don't mind watching him at all. Smart, funny, LOGICAL.

It'd just be a big joke.

Stewart is in the same type of "arena" but his jokes aren't ignorant and stupid. Colbert is an act. i mean isn't he?

I can't take him seriously at all.

Perhaps because you don't really understand him? Colbert's character is an act, but the man is just as intelligent as Stewart. And I'd rather have Colbert as president over anyone except Paul. Colbert is cool because he is a catholic, teaches sunday school, and I think he would lean more right than left, but he doesn't take himself too seriously. I would TRUST him more than Romney.
edit on 13-1-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would vote for Colbert in a heartbeat. I know it's a joke but I would seriously vote for Colbert in a heartbeat. Better him than another politician.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For those still guessing: The Rev. Sir Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, DFA (Doctor of Fine Arts)

Everything he does on the show is in character.

Described as a "caustic right-wing bully", an "arch-conservative blowhard", and by his creator and namesake as a "well-intentioned, poorly informed, high status idiot", Colbert is egomaniacal, xenophobic and fiercely anti-intellectual. He claims to be politically independent, like his idol Bill "Papa Bear" O'Reilly; although in fact the character fawns over the Bush administration and the Republican Party, and frequently asks his guests, "George Bush: Great president, or the greatest president?"...

...Colbert emphasizes that his character is genuinely well-meaning and wants to do the right thing, but does not have the tools to achieve it "because he has no curiosity, he doesn't like to read and he won't listen to anybody except the voices in his head".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People who are offended by Colbert aren't as smart as others. Sorry but it's the truth.

Ron Paul 2012!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
He just wants to run for president of south carolina not president of united states
he's funny not stupid

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yea, i don't.

I mean i "get it" and what it is, but i don't "GET IT GET IT" ...if that makes any sense.

But hell yea i'd trust Colbert over Mitt, really don't see how anyone could trust a word he says. I mean, i can tell an empty promise when i see one, i'm sure a lot of ATS can, that's why we love Dr.Paul so much

EDITL: OK i officially GET IT GET IT. It's a performance. Genius too.

edit on 13-1-2012 by dannotz because: add

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just found this link to CNN about the Colbert presidential run. What do you think?

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Stephen Colbert -- host of "The Colbert Report" and unabashed right wing radical -- is now considering running for President of the United States of America...

...I know some will dismiss the threat posed by Colbert -- these apologists will defend him as "harmless" or say he's no more than "a charismatic speaker" -- but that is exactly what they said about Hitler.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What a silly waste of time, money, bandwidth, newspaper and radio space ... Seriously ... he's got a low ranked show that isn't funny or useful and he isn't qualified for POTUS. (he meets requirements, but certainly isn't qualified). Dude ... go away. Do something constructive to help or get out of the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join