It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu God and Greek God Are the Same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
HEY GUYS,

I have been lately studying my religion which is Hinduism and I always wondered if there any simliarties between other gods from different religon.

I started researching in Greek and Roman Gods. Here is what I have found.

Hindu god Surya (sun god)4.bp.blogspot.com...
He is the sun god who rides a chariot around the galaxy, animal related to the god is a horse.

Greek god Helios( sun god)aniszczyk.org...
He is the sun god in Greek Mythology. He also rides a chariot , also animal related to the god is a horse.

Hindu god Chandra (moon god)www.devshoppe.com...
He is the moon god in Hinduism. He rides a chariot simliar to the sun god , but his animal pet is a horned deer.

Greek god Artemis(moon god)www.brics.dk...
She is the moon god in Greek. I cant find a picture of her riding any vehicle, but her animal pet is also a horned deer.

MAYBE SANTA CLAUSE IS REAL AFTER ALL , MOST OF HIS PICTURE RIDING THE SLEIGH IS CROSSING THE MOON AND ALSO THE HORNED DEER ARE THE ANIMALS WHICH HELPS HIM FLY THE SLEIGH.
cloud.graphicleftovers.com...

I WILL CONTINUE TO FIND SIMLARITES BETWEEN THIS TWO RELIGION AND WILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED.

edit on 12-1-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/1/12 by masqua because: Replaced All Caps in title

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Probably has something to do with the Aryan invasions way back when. Not surprised that people who share the same proto-indo-european roots (the Greeks and the Aryans who invaded) would have very similar beliefs

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I saw a video about this a while back. They are all so the same as Egypt Gods, the Gods wear life guides. When having a problem the people would use the Gods story's as examples. It was more of a key then it is actual Gods.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Because the Gods used to fly around Earth to each civilization passing down knowledge. Each civilization depicted them slightly differently but yet still the same.

I'd hazard a guess that the Norse Gods are also similar.

There are stories of one of the greek gods regularly travelling far north, which would land him somewhere in Scandinavia, but this would make sense only if these Gods were physical beings, capable of flight.

I believe they were.
edit on 12-1-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

He is the sun god in Greek Mythology. He also rides a chariot , also animal related to the god is a horse.

Here is some more info for you about Helios.

HELIOS (or Helius) was the Titan god of the sun. He was also the guardian of oaths and the god of gift of sight. Helios dwelt in a golden palace located in the River Okeanos at the eastern ends of the earth. From there he emerged each dawn driving a chariot drawn by four, fiery winged steeds and crowned with the aureole of the sun. When he reached the the land of the Hesperides (Evenings) in the West he descended into a golden cup which carried him around the northern streams of Okeanos back to his rising place in the East. Once his son Phaethon attempted to drive the chariot of the sun, but losing control, set the earth on fire. Zeus then struck him down with a thunderbolt.
Helios was depicted as a handsome, and usually beardless, man clothed in purple robes and crowned with the shining aureole of the sun. His sun-chariot was drawn by four steeds, sometimes winged. Helios was identified with several gods including fiery Hephaistos and light-bringing Apollon.

Greek god Artemis(moon god)www.brics.dk...
She is the moon god in Greek. I cant find a picture of her riding any vehicle, but her animal pet is also a horned deer.

Not quite true. Goddess Artemis in not the moon Goddess. Here is some info about Artemis.

ARTEMIS was the great Olympian goddess of hunting, wilderness and wild animals. She was also a goddess of childbirth, and the protectress of the girl child up to the age of marriage. Her twin brother Apollon was similarly the protector of the boy child. Together the two gods were also bringers of sudden death and disease--Artemis targetted women and girls, and Apollon men and boys.

In ancient art Artemis was usually depicted as a girl dressed in a short knee-length chiton and equipped with a hunting bow and quiver of arrows.

And here some info about the moon goddess Selene.

SELENE was the Titan goddess of the moon. She was depicted as a woman either riding side saddle on a horse or in a chariot drawn by a pair of winged steeds. Her lunar sphere or crescent was represented as either a crown set upon her head or as the fold of a raised, shining cloak. Sometimes she was said to drive a team of oxen and her lunar crescent was likened to the horns of a bull. Selene's great love was the shepherd prince Endymion. The beautiful boy was granted eternal youth and immortality by Zeus and placed in a state of eternal slumber in a cave near the peak of Lydian Mount Latmos. There his heavenly bride descended to consort with him in the night.

A number of other goddesses were also associated with the moon, however, only Selene was represented by the old Greek poets represented as the moon incarnate. Other Greek moon goddesses included Pasiphae, the Leukippides, Eileithyia, Hekate, Artemis, Bendis, and Hera (who sometimes doubled for Selene in the Endymion myth).

Taken from this Source

Hope that helps.

Peace
edit on 13-1-2012 by Seed76 because: Additional info

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Here is the actual source , i dont know who is right or wrong, but this is what i found. In Greek mythology, the sun god was originally Helios (whence words like heliocentric for our sun-centered solar system) and the moon goddess Selene, but over time, this changed. Artemis came to be associated with Selene, just like Apollo with Helios.

Artemis
Moon Goddess
In Greek mythology, the sun god was originally Helios (whence words like heliocentric for our sun-centered solar system) and the moon goddess Selene, but over time, this changed. Artemis came to be associated with Selene, just like Apollo with Helios. Apollo became a sun god and Artemis became the goddess of the moon.

When Apollo was regarded as identical with the sun or Helios, nothing was more natural than that his sister should be regarded as Selene or the moon, and accordingly the Greek Artemis is, at least in later times, the goddess of the moon. Buttmann and Hermann consider this idea of Artemis being the moon as the fundamental one from which all the others are derived. But, at any rate, the idea of Artemis being the goddess of the moon, must be confined to Artemis the sister of Apollo, and is not applicable to the Arcadian, Taurian, or Ephesian Artemis.

edit on 13-1-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe Biblically they can all be referred as fallen gods, that is why they interacted with humans so much and was never heard of since, maybe God threw them down in their human form and they died a natural death.

The old heavenly order of Hinduism died out they all fell or were seperated and a new order came in the form of Christ who is the only one to resserect man.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Shemyaahaza (Hebrew: shem + ya'ah + aza "of the Name of power") is both Zeus (Greek mythology) and Thor (Norse mythology). They are the same fallen watcher.

Azazel (Oz) was known by the name of Odin.

The pantheon of all these have the same beings yet who is greatest and who is leader is not always the same. Ra is greatest but Osiris more worshipped. Ouranos is greatest but Zeus more worshipped. Ra is more equivalent to Helios than to Zeus.

The giants is another name for the nephilim who were the bastards of the fallen watchers.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

hmm interesting , thanks

new topics

top topics

join