It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially confirms: Cold Fusion(LENR) is REAL

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Originally posted by EvillerBob

Originally posted by hawkiyeHere's a clue ( I won't be holding my breath) Henry Ford did it nearly a century ago and it is being done today also...

So you indicate that it can definately be done, the people who disagree are clearly fools... but you rely on vague allusions rather than prove any actual data?

You studied at the Rossi School of PR, didn't you

Maybe if you click my link above you will understand why he choose his wording so carefully. Discussing such matters are not allowed on ATS.
edit on 21-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I always get a kick at the science orthodoxy cult worshippers who sit back and throw stones at the real scientist who are out there experimenting and inventing pushing the boundaries despite ridicule and even persecution from thier so called colleagues. I sometimes wonder how humanity made it this far in progress with so many fools out there proclaiming anything outside thier thimble of knowledge is impossible never having tried anything themselves and just worshipping at the feet of the bought and paid for science academia cults...

I guess the 5- 10% of humanity with the drive and determination have carried the rest...

edit on 21-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiyeI see the truth hurts... Why would I want to do that since benzene happens to be highly toxic and terrible for the environment? Oh let me guess fools think we couldn't possibly manufacturer plastics and rubber etc. without benzene...Sigh. Here's a clue ( I won't be holding my breath) Henry Ford did it nearly a century ago and it is being done today also...

I guess you don't know what commercially viable alternatives are then right?

Case closed.

Global benzene production touched 40.8 million tons in 2007, an increase of 3.9% over previous year.

For you to simply just say "they don't need that, it's poisonous anyway" is a little ignorant. Perhaps grossly ignorant.

The least you could do is provide some stats and figures as to how cutting out 40 million tons of a widely used solvent, and precursor.

But alas, I suspect you have no insight into chemical engineering nor do you have any in commercial manufacturing. So it's lost on you right?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It has been about eight years since I was in a physics class but, I am pretty sure that is fusion. When two things become bonded it can be said that they have fused together. I know that the hydrogen bomb is a fission bomb as it was originally a hydrogen atom that was split, producing a fusion reaction. The neutrons shoot out and bond to others which then cause instability which results in another fission. This type of reaction leads to radioactive emissions where a fission reaction not started by a fusion reaction does not lead to the same radioactivity. Our sun supposedly runs off fission and should be our sole model for a sustainable energy source.

On a side note, your signature is pretty naive. From your statement "every time" there is an earthquake a tsunami will follow. I have personally been in and felt two earthquakes in the last two months, should I still be awaiting a tsunami?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Maybe if you click my link above you will understand why he choose his wording so carefully. Discussing such matters are not allowed on ATS.
edit on 21-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Absolutely fair comment, though in my belated defence I think I replied as soon as I came across the original post and did not read any further at that time. I have now visited the link and appreciate the reference.

I stand by the point I was making though - like much of Rossi's work, the vauge post was useless until someone (you in this instance) provided actual information that could be read and considered

I'm intrigued, though, as to why it might fall under matters "not for discussion" on this site.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hawkiyeI see the truth hurts... Why would I want to do that since benzene happens to be highly toxic and terrible for the environment? Oh let me guess fools think we couldn't possibly manufacturer plastics and rubber etc. without benzene...Sigh. Here's a clue ( I won't be holding my breath) Henry Ford did it nearly a century ago and it is being done today also...

I guess you don't know what commercially viable alternatives are then right?

Case closed.

Global benzene production touched 40.8 million tons in 2007, an increase of 3.9% over previous year.

For you to simply just say "they don't need that, it's poisonous anyway" is a little ignorant. Perhaps grossly ignorant.

The least you could do is provide some stats and figures as to how cutting out 40 million tons of a widely used solvent, and precursor.

But alas, I suspect you have no insight into chemical engineering nor do you have any in commercial manufacturing. So it's lost on you right?

LOL and big Sigh at the same time. There are viable alternatives is the point that sailed right over your head but somehow in your feeble mind that is ignorance.
Stats don't mean squat here. Yeah gee petroleum based products are the current predominate products in the field gee you must be a genius for knowing that, tell us something we don't know LOL! Google can be your friend any fool can utilize it and know that non-petroleum based plastics are viable.

Until recently, plastics have been nonbiodegradable. Today, however, various techniques for producing biodegradable plastics are being explored, developed, and marketed. In some cases, organic compounds like sugar, corn starch, silk, and bamboo are being incorporated into the plastic production process. This allows large pieces of plastic to break down into smaller units, but on a molecular level, many of these plastics remain nonbiodegradable. Other researchers have come up with non-petroleum based plastics, using bioengineered organisms, such as bacteria, to produce plastic. In some cases, enzymes produced by the same organism can be used to break down the biologically produced plastic. Currently, these plastics are expensive to produce, but as the technology becomes more readily available, they are likely to become much more common.

Read more: Biodegradable Substances - Plastics, Nonbiodegradable, Waste, and Plastic - JRank Articles science.jrank.org...

And of course Henry Ford did it nearly a century ago with hemp as NeoVain posted a link to. But then again I am sure you'll just ignore the evidence as usual and repeat the same non-sense over and over and over and over.... as is yours and others MO here ;-)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

LOL and big Sigh at the same time. There are viable alternatives is the point that sailed right over your head but somehow in your feeble mind that is ignorance.

No, what is ignorant is making statements like, "We can do this, and that." Without providing any depth to the statement.

Stats don't mean squat here. Yeah gee petroleum based products are the current predominate products in the field gee you must be a genius for knowing that, tell us something we don't know LOL!

And why are petroleum products useful? Why are they used in manufacturing? Why is the Earth currently dependent on oil? Maybe you should consider these things when you make statements about all petroleum products having feasible alternatives.

Google can be your friend any fool can utilize it and know that non-petroleum based plastics are viable.

Plastics are just the tip of the iceberg. There are solvents and precursors essential to the drug industry. There are solvents that are essential to many manufacturing industries. Then we touch agriculture and the uses are endless... I suppose if you knew this you would have addressed it originally though.

And of course Henry Ford did it nearly a century ago with hemp as NeoVain posted a link to. But then again I am sure you'll just ignore the evidence as usual and repeat the same non-sense over and over and over and over.... as is yours and others MO here ;-)

I'm quite aware of Ford's efforts. As this issue has come up before on the forums. Some claiming that hemp alone could replace petroleum demand, some like yourself just claiming bio-processing could.

But, the problem is it will always turn into a circular argument. Or just simply posting links to a green energy advocates blog, without doing any real research yourself.

So when you have a realistic opinion of how petroleum would become obsolete overnight, please let me know.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No, what is ignorant is making statements like, "We can do this, and that." Without providing any depth to the statement.

Like I said Google can be your friend and links were even provided however you ignore them and right on cue come back with completely asinine and inane statements like this as per your mo, gee what a suprise... Sigh!

And why are petroleum products useful? Why are they used in manufacturing? Why is the Earth currently dependent on oil? Maybe you should consider these things when you make statements about all petroleum products having feasible alternatives.

I would not usually bother answering your inane statements but for the benefit of others the earth is dependent on oil because the Rockefellers/Standard oil and Dupont bought and paid for politicians to pass the Volstead Act (prohibition) so they could corner the market for oil. Prior to that Ethanol was the fuel/solvent of choice. www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com... Also see David Blumes Book Alcohol Can Be A Gas. Very well researched and documented.

Plastics are just the tip of the iceberg. There are solvents and precursors essential to the drug industry. There are solvents that are essential to many manufacturing industries. Then we touch agriculture and the uses are endless... I suppose if you knew this you would have addressed it originally though.

Like I have said if one does some research they will find that there are viable non-patroleum based alternatives to 90% of them and as far as drugs go 80-90% of them are simply poisons we could do without and the things they claim to be remedies for there are natural remedies that don't cause 14 other ailments in you worse then the one they pretend to cure. One only need watch all the TV commercials peddling these poisons and telling the people all the nasty things they will do to you but then say they will cure what ails you... Sigh

But, the problem is it will always turn into a circular argument. Or just simply posting links to a green energy advocates blog, without doing any real research yourself.

Translation: Anything that does not agree with my extremely limited view and irrational bias will not be considered... Big sigh!

So when you have a realistic opinion of how petroleum would become obsolete overnight, please let me know.

Do you really think people see your ridiculous statements like these as authoritative? LOL!

Of course this is also another one of your inane tactics to falsely characterize things. I never said petroleum would become obsolete overnight or period. There will probably be some uses for it for a long time to come. However we do not need to be dependent on it as we are especially for fuels. There would have to be a transition period. However first big oils strangle hold on politicians would have to be released that is the main problem. Repeal all the prohibitions on competing products like hemp and alcohol etc. and let things happen naturally.

And for any fool that is going to spout off media rhetoric about Alcohol they have not researched about it not being viable do your research first. Brazil runs 50% of their cars on alcohol AND THEY IMPORT "NO OIL" and they only use about 1% of their farmland to produce the feedstock. So it is a proven viable alternative renewable clean fuel. And please do not say it causes food shortages that is the biggest myth of all. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Number 1, I didn't know Brazil had the same climate as everywhere else in the world.
So I suppose they will be growing sugar cane in Russia then?

As to the rest of what you said, if I was trying to prove myself wrong, I would post something concrete that showed exactly how this alternative idea was supposed to work. But you did none of the sort. I could make a better argument for alternative energies and products than you could, so what does that say about you?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Brazil runs 50% of their cars on alcohol

In terms of energy equivalent, sugarcane ethanol represented 17.6% of the country's total energy consumption by the transport sector in 2008.

en.wikipedia.org...

AND THEY IMPORT "NO OIL"

Because they are a major oil producer? They do import some light oil, tough.

Brazil oil

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
And idiots just continue to pop off in ignorance as usual. Sugar cane while good is not even the best feed stock for alcohol. But then if people had actually done some research they might know that and that there is a number of excellent feed stocks for all climates.

Course some folks are not here to consider anything or have amicable discussion they are just here to disrupt and obfuscate or convince themselves they actually know something when they don't and will never do any research but just continue to repeat non-sense over and over...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well if it works, it would be the revolution that we need to revive the world economy, that's for sure.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to destroying ourselves with bigger weapons but force us to put that knowledge into transport so we can explore the universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by hawkiye

Brazil runs 50% of their cars on alcohol

In terms of energy equivalent, sugarcane ethanol represented 17.6% of the country's total energy consumption by the transport sector in 2008.

en.wikipedia.org...

AND THEY IMPORT "NO OIL"

Because they are a major oil producer? They do import some light oil, tough.

Brazil oil

The wiki article contradicts itself: just before the line you quoted t reads:
"The success of "flex" vehicles, together with the mandatory E25 blend throughout the country, have allowed ethanol fuel consumption in the country to achieve a 50% market share of the gasoline-powered fleet by February 2008"

Which agrees with what I said. My original source for my statement was The Book Alcohol Can Be a Gas By David Blume. So I am thinking the 17.9% figure quoted means something else other then just cars. it sounds to me like transports like trucking but cars are at the 50% marks as far as running Ethanol.

And Yes I did not say Brazil did not use oil they produce thier own. As of 2011 I believe they did not import any oil however I do not have a link. They only imported when thier ethanol production fell off I forget the reasons. The point is they have proven that Ethanol is a viable clean renewable alternative.

There are much better feed stocks then corn Sourgum is one of the best better then sugar cane and can be grown in most climates and it also can have 3-4 cuttings a year instead of needing to be replanted each year so is highly productive. Mesquite and Cattails are also very good feedstock and can be grown in non farmlands also. There are many other feed stocks like Fodder beets which are a type of sugar beet but bigger and more productive etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by hawkiye

I could make a better argument for alternative energies and products than you could, so what does that say about you?

It says Nothing about me but is very telling about you since you have not made any such arguments just wild claims that you could...Typical of your ilk.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
interesting

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And for any fool that is going to spout off media rhetoric about Alcohol they have not researched about it not being viable do your research first. Brazil runs 50% of their cars on alcohol AND THEY IMPORT "NO OIL" and they only use about 1% of their farmland to produce the feedstock. So it is a proven viable alternative renewable clean fuel.

Brazil

Oil - imports: 720,000 bbl/day (2009 est.) country comparison to the world: 20

Oil - consumption: 2.654 million bbl/day (2010 est.) country comparison to the world: 7

Factbook.

Brazil is the 7th largest oil consuming nation in the world.*

So explain to everyone what your past 3 long-winded posts were about?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Its pretty self explanatory for anyone that knows how to read and comprehend.... Sorry of you're not up to the task...

edit on 27-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by boncho

Its pretty self explanatory for anyone that knows how to read and comprehend.... Sorry of you're not up to the task...

I'll recap for you.

Someone in the thread claimed oil could be replaced by the hypothetical energy catalyser that Rossi claims to have built.

After that, myself and others in the thread informed the statement maker that oil would still have a great demand, and no matter what kind of "free energy" device roles out, people would still be dependent on oil.

You said:

However we do not need to be dependent on it as we are especially for fuels. There would have to be a transition period. However first big oils strangle hold on politicians would have to be released that is the main problem.

But that is just not the case, as you used Brazil as your prime example and they are the 7th largest consumer of oil in the world. Even with all their flex-fuel cars.

Fantasy please meet reality....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But Brazil does not have an E-Cat yet do they? And for most other oil-produce such as plastics, lubrication, clothing there are alternatives as mentioned earlier. I still do not think that oil will disappear completely, but somewhere around 90% of the demand might disappear, which is huge, since that would force oil producers to demand alot higher prices for their product, which in turn would make the alternatives more desirable, in turn making oil demand even less ad infinitum until oil demand is so small the reason to harvest it would disappear completetly. Which is exactly what we need.
edit on 27-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But that is just not the case, as you used Brazil as your prime example and they are the 7th largest consumer of oil in the world. Even with all their flex-fuel cars.

Let me spell it out for you one last time. No one said the demand for oil would cease overnight if a new alternative energy source rolls out. NO ONE especially me said Brazil did not use oil. Only that they do not import oil. They produce most or all of thier own oil and they produce enough of thier own Alcohol to run 50% of thier cars. They did not import any oil in 2011 and in previous years. They have at times imported oil when when thier ethanol production was low for what ever reason like in 2009. Also in recent years they have been pressured to import oil by the oil cartels in exchange for trading thier oil on the international markets in dollars. They do not need to import oil they produce enough of thier own.

The Source for this information is not a website like wiki that anyone can edit but the book. "Alcohol Can Be A Gas" by David Blume which is very well researched and cited. He is arguably the most prominent authority on Alcohol production as an answer to oil dependancy from feedstock to distillation. He does have a website by the same name also. alcoholcanbeagas.com...

As I said reading comprehension....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join