It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds are tweeting at 3:20 AM, as before dawnbreak in springtime....¿

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Last week it started....I'd better say, I did notice. I woke up at around 3.20 and I could hear the birdies tweet...My first thought was to be wrong and had mistaken the sound with something else, but I was not. Last night same thing happened.

It was still pitch dark so I wonder what is going on here in The Netherlands. Do birds not start to tweet at the break of dawn..? And it is not only the birds I think are off the time-table but also some plants that start to develop floral-buds in my country. The weather is really soft for the time of year...has this something to do with it maybe?

Sign of the crazy times?

Please somebody explain to me that it is no exception that birds tweet in the middle of the night?

PS Thx moderator for the correct forum.

edit on 12/1/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I cannot explain why but I will agree with you. Being winter the birds have left, but during the summer, spring and part of the fall, I too noticed that the birds were singing very early in the morning. I also thought that it was a bit strange for them to be moving around this early in the morning.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I live in England....and birds tweet pretty much all night where i am.
Dont know if thats normal...but its normal here lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's normal to have a thread on this nearly every year......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mind, here in England most birds are still trying to work out whether it's already spring or simply still the autumn!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

So right

Some have not migrated even though January 8 weeks late.

Some are here early from Africa though not many.

There are still roses in flower in the garden of the hospital I visit a family member in, that is in flower since last summer (though only just)

I had a wasp fly into my house in middle December last year, it was dying and but still there.

Dec 18th a Butterfly was in South Wales in an meadow whilst I was walking I thought I was mad and got close to convince myself it was a woodland moth but no.

Daffodils are starting to rise in a slow way but bulbs popping up in Wales (usually 1st week of march last week february)

Some Farmers (Friend of Friend) are considering Sheering the sheep in an week or two if things don't change as the sheep are too hot and uncomfortable, and they say that will affect the quality of lambing season and quality of meat, as the sheep get stressed easily.

Now the above is a very very big one for me this would be the first early sheering in Jan since local folklore goes back, generations of the same familes for hundreds and hundreds of years always start on the same moon on an certain date and its like 2 months away.

It is all very very Fu**ed up imho

Love

Elf
edit on 12-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I read on New Scientist a few years ago that birds are competing with the noise around them and are having to sing earlier and earlier to mark out their territories, get mates, etc.

Last year I took a video of birds in a tree 2 gardens away. As a plane flies over, the birds start singing louder so may be this is true.

Because of insomnia I am usually up at this time, and our toilet has a skylight and I quite often hear them at 3am.
I'm in UK.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Bats. It might be bats. Some sing like birds. At night.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Where I am from, It is said that when mocking bird chirps at night, it's a sign of death.

Im not superstitious, but thought Id throw that here. The title brought it to mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Bats. It might be bats. Some sing like birds. At night.

Really ive never ever heard a Bat singing?

You can sometimes just make out the high pitched sounds, or echo locations more like clicks always to me, if close or coming towards you.

Fear & Loathing in the early hours eh this be Bat country lol

2.56 am in South Wales birds singing now just 2 or 3 them started about 10 minutes ago in the woods by my backgarden.

Always been a night owl, lots of outdoor stuff, camping etc etc all my life definately seems new to me, especially as season maybe around 3.30 to 4.30 am in the spring but in Winter???

Kind Regards,

Elf ... keyboard probs sorry for any layour gramah spell...

top topics

join