It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Taiwan and another strange phenomenon to report.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi guys. I've been a long time lurker without much to say, but the recent UFO sighting (which turned out to be a kite) encouraged me to finally join in the debates. Anyway, we had another weird thing happen this morning that you all might find interesting. A strange opening in the clouds appeared for no apparent reason over the city of Tainan, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say about it. Just so you know, the guy speaking in the video isn't me. Cheers. ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
that's interesting isn't it. if someone has the tech to cloak a large vessel it sure does look like that. i'm unsure of a weather pattern that can do this although there could very well be.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Chinese scientists released a scientific paper last year saying their satellites can emit a microwave frequency to dissolve clouds so their satellites can see what's on the ground.

They're merely watching Taiwan.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok, great video, however your sort of breaking the rules posting in introductions. Welcome to ATS as an outed lurker,
You will fit right in.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting video. It's very easy to imagine a big alien spaceship causing a hole like that, but that's just crazy.

I know very little about cloud formation or weather phenomena, so I'll leave it up to other ATSers to try to explain.

I have a feeling I'll be disappointed though.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Digsy

I want to say that's a dry microburst.
en.wikipedia.org...

However there's not alot of heavy clouds that would normally be there for one to form.

Of course it could be just an invisible ufo or top secret military stealth craft spying and going down through the clouds that caused that.

my .02 cents.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A fallstreak hole, also known as a hole punch cloud, punch hole cloud, canal cloud or cloud hole, is a large circular gap that can appear in cirrocumulus or altocumulus clouds. Such holes are formed when the water temperature in the clouds is below freezing but the water has not frozen yet due to the lack of ice nucleation particles (see supercooled water). When a portion of the water does start to freeze it will set off a domino effect, due to the Bergeron process, causing the water vapor around it to freeze and fall to the earth as well. This leaves a large, often circular, hole in the cloud.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its a punch hole...nothing to do with aliens...sorry.

Welcome anyways

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Been here for 5 years and never seen a punch cloud/fallstreak hole.... LOL.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
These were quite common when HAARP was all the rage on here, there was numerous sightings, bizarre, would be interesting to see what causes this confusing but beautiful event.
S+F

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticDan

Google Fallstreak cloud....it will tell you the science behind it

Deny ignorance people

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Come up with your own conclusions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Since you are in Taiwan tell us what was directly below the hole/ in that area.

If China is watching that spot it has some military importance.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree, the whispy vapourish stuff that seems to be focussed like a cone below the cloud hole looks very like some HAARP formed lense...If that is falling water chystals (ice)
It could explain it for sure...meantime i reserve jugement .............

new topics

top topics

join