It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Q&A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I admit that I have not spent that much time looking into everything about the 2012 phenomenon, but have casually looked at the threads and various articles and videos concerning it.

So that being said, I would like to start a thread concerning all of the events said to transpire this year, and supposedly on December 21st.

Here is a list of my thoughts on the various events.

Galactic Equinox: This I have been paying attention to, and find it very intriguing. It makes complete since to me that this would cause havoc with our solar system, sun and Planet. If the "plain" of the milky way has a strong gravitational pull (which I believe it does) would it also have it's own electrical charge, which is what causes the flip of the earths magnetic field, as we move through the plain?

The question is, how do they know that this is happening?

I would love to hear a lot more on this one, because to me, this is would be the smoking gun.

Sun Activity: The sun is expected to go through it's most active state, as it's magnetic field will be changing poles, which happens every eleven year supposedly. In light of all of the technology we now have, this would be significant especially if the earth has a weakened magnetic field. A whole variety of things could happen, but the most compelling would be "the loss of the power grid" and other technologies we are so accustom to.

World Wide Political and Social Madness: This one I believe very strongly, as corrupted governments, "families", people, and "corporations", have spent decades controlling the people, and the fact that they finally realize that they are "slowly" losing that control, is causing them to "kick up" the control and legislation not intended for the benefit of the masses, but for the "elite". They are working very hard to keep their control and are doing all they can to keep their minions blind of the truth.

Here in the united states, being a "Constitutionalist" is all of the sudden a bad thing? (weren't the founding fathers of the United States "Constitutionalists"? Interesting to say the least.

Religious Madness: Being a Christian, I find this one compelling in the fact that "Christians" claim to be the only ones "awake" and have their eyes "opened" while everyone else is "asleep" and are goats meant for slaughter. Yet it seems to me that the majority of the Christians do not actually see anything.

They often say they "believe" the bible as truth, yet most have never studied it. - If they actually studied it, and the translation of it (hebrew and greek to english) They would see how various churches and denominations have altered the truth and used it's words as a way of control.

They believe what they are told, without actually studying it themselves. here are a few things I have heard by Christians. "Allah is really the Devil" (Yet I could have sworn Abraham (which Jews, Christians, and Muslims Revere as the father of their religion) believe in only one God). This is important because, this is being used as a rally point to get the "churches" supporting the wars in the Middle East. Most Denominations of the Christian Religion are told to be Republican because they are against abortion and gay marriage, yet it seems that they don't see the senseless slaughter of citizens of other countries as a sin?? I do not see how "Christians" have their eyes opened when they do not see the corruption of our government and how they are being used for the purpose of Evil.

Sorry for the Rant here, but this is the core to the Religious madness in this world.

Nibiru and Planet X: I have just recently started looking into this one, so I will say I do not have much insight into it. What I know is that their was a very large object out their, that was beyond Pluto, that was reported in the 80's, but the talk of it stopped towards the end or the 80's.

I have seen videos and people talking about things they see close to the sun, or by the moon, but have yet to see any smoking gun that will prove one way or another, as to whether this thing is the sun's counter part, and is inside our solar system, let along close to earth, or any of it's planets.

My question is, if it was inside our solar system (and it's planets), wouldn't the planets with the "weakest" gravitational pull from the sun (neptune, Pluto) be pulled into it's gravity? and if our sun is so strong as to keep this from happening, wouldn't the planets. supposedly rotating around it become part of our solar system?

Could the rotation be on a different plain than our planets, which keeps this from occurring? If so, what are the threats involved here, and what is the proof that "planet X" would actually hit earth?

I keep an open mind, but before I make a conclusion on something, I wish to see a smoking gun, which I do not see here.

Other things:

Extra Terrestrials: I do not yet have any opinion or a smoking gun on this one either. (I currently only believe in the "plausibility" of this.

Wild Weather: It should be Obvious that this would occur with any major shift or natural event happening to the earth. If 2010 then 2011 is an indication that 2012 could be just as wild, if not worse. But it remains to be seen.

Prophecy, predictions, sensory perceptions, and visions: Yes I believe that people can and do have visions, feelings and prophecies do occur, but I also believe that true prophecy and visions, are of what could happen, not what will happen. If what a "profit" says always comes true, then wouldn't that mean that the future is already written, and that we have no choice in our future?

I have yet to see a "profit" be 100% right in all of their predictions. Though some of the prophecies have been very compelling.

The "Mayan" Calendar: The civilization has been dead for centuries, and what we use to interpret what the Mayans are saying may or may not be accurate. If no modern man has actually been part of the Mayan Culture, and their is no one who grew up knowing the dead language of the Mayans, as they spoke it during their existence, then how are we to know the real symbolism of the "Mayan Calendar"? How do we, seems to me that man has a tendency to interpret things the way they see fit, instead of the way it was actually meant to be. (See Religious Madness)

WWIII: See Religious Madness, Political Madness, and Social Madness.

LASTLY: What if their truly is a combination of all of the above that happens this year? We would be in for a wild ride. but honestly in my book, if all of the above phenomenons were to be happening at once, wouldn't that make us the most unlucky people ever on this planet, and the odds of these things happening at all at once, combined with the odds of living while the events happen are astronomical.

These are my thoughts on 2012, and I do not claim to be right on any of them, just that they are my current thinking.

Could Each potentially happen? Yes,
Will they? Maybe, that remains to be seen.
Will they all happen this year? We will find out

The point of this thread is to give people a chance to ask some questions and get some answers to the events that are said to Occur this year.

Note: Videos of absolute proof of something (ex: Nibiru) would be much help.
edit on 12-1-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Really if you're going to buy into the 2012 prophecies, then you have to go with the Mayan route because it is THEIR prophecy. They say something along the lines of a big change and the return of their gods/people/ruler/etc.

The Bible also has dooms day predictions but it also says that we will not know the date when it occurs.

If what the Mayans said does not occur, then business as usual for Dec. 21nd-29th, if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry for such a long thread, but we keep hearing various things about 2012.

The multiple things that occur just see, statistically impossible to a generation to witness in a lifetime, let alone in a year's time.

There are some compelling "proof" of a wild year, but no smoking gun's that I have seen.

If something is going to occur, I want to be able to protect my family and loved ones, as well as my fellow humans if possible, but I also don't want to waist limited resources on a myth.

I know about survival techniques, and have been researching them a lot, but that is not the point of this thread, it is to find some answers to the many questions we face concerning 2012.

Like why focus on Dec 21st, what actual proof is there that is doomsday?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

All of those possible events are possibilities we have faced for millennia, so some bloke wanted to sell a book so he took the whole Mayan thing out of context, twisted it and made a few bucks...

Get on with your life.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Everything you read or hear about 2012 is rumor, conjecture or speculation. There is no proof or smoking gun. One man's smoking gun is another man's hoax.

It does make for some interesting reading though...and it's always good to stay alert...

edit on 12-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am a skeptic when it comes to 2012

I did not create this thread to have people think one way or another,

If their are "conspiracies", "issues", and "Predictions" people have about any issue, and it has been there for a while, then at least some evidence of it should eventually come to light, especially if it is something TPTB know about. (people slip up, this has happened many times concerning 9/11)

So I just wanted to create a place to those with questions to ask, and those with answers to answer, and prove their theories.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I honestly do think that a planetary "shift" will happen soon. What that will entail I have no idea. The problem with focusing on dec 21 etc is that it brings our focus from the present to the future, which we can do nothing about now. And I believe that this is what "they" want us to do, for a variety of reasons, one being it sucks up much of our attention so that they can continue to do things under the radar, so to speak.

I believe the only thing that any of us can truly do to help the planet during this transition is to remain awake, present, and focused on the here and now. This is the only way to bring love into our lives and subsequently help those around us to do the same. Love is the only thing that will help us through this, and help us dismantle the elite that are bringing such evil into this world, not anger, hatred, "us and them" mentality, building a bomb shelter, etc.

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Mayans aren't dead.
I've met them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

The Culture that created the temples and "calender" is dead.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Here is an interesting 2012 prediction. I’ve heard people try to debunk Kiesha Crowther but they were lame attempts. She’s a good actor if nothing else…

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I know we are not supposed to believe that anything is going to occur but I often times wonder why NASA created this video stating that the urgency to prepare was necessary.

And what's with the references to extra precautions for those along coasts and even the Great Lakes ?

Instead of conjecture I see this warning from the head of NASA as being for a definite purpose.
And what about the FEMA commercial and the recent testing of the Emergency Broadcast System ?

And why is this being deleted from You Tube if there was nothing to hide ?

Go Tell NASA that their message to their employees is unfounded and is comprised solely of conjecture.....because you have a membership at ATS and a really cool Avatar !

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by tw0330

Here is an interesting 2012 prediction. I’ve heard people try to debunk Kiesha Crowther but they were lame attempts. She’s a good actor if nothing else…

Interesting video.

But I had to stop it when she said the "Mayan People" are the only ones to live through a pole shift.

So? That would mean that, at the time they were the only people on earth, right? what about the "Jiahu" civilization in china? what about the ancient Egyptians? How about early Europeans?

And according to the multiple sources the last polarshift happened between 10,000 and 1 million years ago, no one knows for sure, but the range for when the mayan culture began (at it's earliest stages) range from 3000 years ago to 7,000 years ago. The lower end of this, would not allow for the culture and shift to co-exist, and the upper end could have coincided if they were off by 3000 years, even then, the civilization would have been in it's infancy, not yet the "astronomers" or builders we know them to be.

This makes zero since, and looks as if she is just playing to the masses.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

good, but i like her "tik tok" video better...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When trying to figure out the "Truth", Let's look at the whole picture instead of individual things.

Each piece should somehow fit the puzzle, and if their is something that doesn't allow that piece to fit, then there are either more missing pieces, or it doesn't fit.

such as my statement above, the timeline of the mayan civilization and the time frame of the last polarshift don't coincide. Also the Idea that they were the only "people" to experience the shift and survive, would mean they would be the only people on earth at the time. but this doesn't fit with actual science or historic artifacts and writings.

This piece is either a made up piece, or the whole puzzle isn't the right one.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

The solar system will not pass through the galactic plane on December 21, 2012. After passing through the galactic plane it takes 15-20 million years to reach the apex of its oscillation and then another 15-20 million years to return to the edge of the galactic equator. The last time the solar system passed through the galactic plane was 3 million years ago. So, it will be another 27-37 million years before we return to the edge of the galactic plane. At this point it will then take several thousand years for the solar system to actually traverse the galactic plane. It is not an event that happens in one day. Furthermore, there is no periodicity of mass extinctions correlated with the crossing of the galactic plane. Finally, geomagnetic reversals occur with a much greater frequency than 30-40 million years.

The solar maximum is currently predicted to no begin until the spring of 2013 so it has no connections to 2012. It is also predicted to be one of the tamest solar maximums in recent memory. Not to mention that experts believe that if a Carrington-like event were to occur today power would only be lost for a few days at most.

There is always political, social, and religious madness. It has no connection to 2012.

Nibiru is a fantasy created by Zechariah Sitchin. He had no background in Assyriology and everyone in the field labels him as the fraud that he was. The object you refer to in the 80s was actually ten different objects. Nine of them were ultra-luminous, young galaxies and the tenth was an infrared cirrus. These objects were identified in the follow-up studies performed by the original team. Just because the Washington Post didn't have articles about them doesn't mean that no follow-up was done. And yes if it were in our solar system it would perturb the orbits of the planets making its existence undeniable. Also, it would be visible with the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Crowther is just one of the many frauds that have jumped on the 2012 bandwagon. She has even been disavowed by the tribe she claims to belong to.

new topics

top topics

join