It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS watches web forums, Twitter, social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

A "privacy compliance review" issued by DHS last November says that since at least June 2010, its national operations center has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" which involves regular monitoring of "publicly available online forums, blogs, public websites and message boards."
Reuters Jan 11, 2012

That means we are being watched here too.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's amazing how the tin-foil hat people get called crazy, and then time goes by and what they said would happen starts up.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

More amazing the "if you have nothing to hide" people will still be saying "if you have nothing to hide" when they are locked up in fema camps.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

More amazing the "if you have nothing to hide" people will still be saying "if you have nothing to hide" when they are locked up in fema camps.

But if you had nothing to hide, you wouldn't be afraid of FEMA camps.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In my honest opnion. I think this is some kind of disinfo. I see they did not list any sites that could really use some monitoring . Its probly test to seehow people will react

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

Paranoid people don't need to be told they're being watched. They already KNOW, even if they're wrong.

If ever there is validation of that paranoia, by then, it's so totally not news.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What's funny is they think they are watching me when in reality, I have my system dual routed and then double reversed back through their systems so I am actually watch them

Namaste. Oh and I can tell you they are perverts these DHS!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"ATS being monitored" Search that here yourself and there are 18,600 posts about it here already. 18 THOUSAND!

And so what is your point here? We all knew this when we joined and it has been discussed in 18,600 locations here in threads. If any site is monitored...it's this one.
edit on 12-1-2012 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

I don't understand the furore here?

At the end of the day all the sites listed are public domain and can be accessed or monitored by anyone, If someone is stupid enough to plan an act of terrorism or any other form of detrimental activity on facebook or twitter then they deserve to be monitored..

Also if someone is stupid enough to put personal details on these sites then again they deserve to be monitored and have information collected about them.

The amount of companies / governmental agencies and criminals (band these together as you wish) that will trawl these sites for the above information is countless for the purpose of marketing / national security and criminal activity (again there are grey lines between the three)

You don't want information amassed about you? simple... Don't use the internet...

Truth_Hz

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hope they read his then: You DHS monsters have nothing to do but tread on people, what does that make you?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by mwuhi

Paranoid people don't need to be told they're being watched. They already KNOW, even if they're wrong.

If ever there is validation of that paranoia, by then, it's so totally not news.
Better to be a bit paranoid than to be oblivious to potential danger.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Are they monitoring foreign or domestic chatter?

top topics

join