It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sporting Players/Teams You Hate/Cant stand the sight of

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Any sport that makes or pays out big money.
Sports should be for personal or team achievement but nowadays big money rules all.
Go watch a high school football game or a wrestling match.
Those kids are doing it for the love of satisfaction....well that and girls.

But my point is, they "play" harder.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i hate haters...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Touche...
I suppose the fact that football is the biggest sport on the planet makes no odds though? Man enough for the rest of the world...(why they call the game football when they run around holding it in their hands is a mystery :puz

American "world series" where its actually just america...don't make me laugh

WELL for the World Series there is a Canadian team, the Toronto Blue Jays, and there used to be two ( the Montreal Expos). Granted, that isn't enough to call it a World Series, but perhaps the North American Series would be a better name, especially if Mexico gets a team together
I've never been a fan of either Baseball or American Football. I'm not an American anyway, but the only reason Soccer or FUTball is so big in those loser Countries is that is so cheap to play. All you need is something resembling a ball and anything for goal posts. If there was a decent amount of cold and snow in any of those countries, Hockey would be the dominant sport.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What do Brits know about excitement?

Darts on tv.

Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Love Manchester United for me it is like a religion and Old Trafford is my place of worship.
Absolutely hate Liverpool F.C everything about the club makes me sick and in recent weeks they've managed to out-do themselves wearing t-shirts supporting a player who racially abused another.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
jason terry dallas mavs
dirk the jerk dallas mavs

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
New York Wankees, especially A-rod and Jeter.

Most of the MLB rules for recruitment etc. are designed to funnel the money and thus the most expensive players to the Yankee franchise. The funny part is, there comes a point when more money doesn't increase the quality of the team, it actually detracts from it. The franchise is sort of like an American made car: loud, expensive, and poorly put together, trading on it's hood ornament rather than its actual horse-power.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
arsene whinger (wenger)
sir alex ferguson
any machester united player
any football player with second name neville (even phil!)
jose mourinho
cristiano ronaldo
ryan taylor
newcastle united fc
any newcastle player or fan or anyone willling to be "neutral" towards the club
alan shearer and his bias against sunderland!

and thats just football!!!
but sports in general i dislike these for these reasons

NFL - too many mind numbing statistics and too many stoppages in play to make sport beautiful as football
Golf - lazy mans sport... if they had to complete 18 holes in 90 minutes would be more entertaining
Cricket - sport seems to be dreamt up by 5 year old with no concept of entertainment WTF is an over?
Tennis - another sport where the scoring system seems to have been made up as they went along
NHL - is too intense as though the ice isnt big enough for any real tactis other than "BASH,SMASH.SCORE"
Formula 1 - its who has fastest car not who is fastest driver although they are trying to prevent that
Baseball - this is not a sport since nobody can match NY yankees spending power (those caps look cool)

the only sport from america that holds merit is basketball
the courts are good enough size for team play tactics
its scoring system is not insane like cricket ^^
it as a sport praises technique over raw power unlike NFL/NHL

bit like how the only sport from england thats any good is football

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Real madrid...soooo hope Barca overtake them in La Liga.
A CL FINAL of barca real would be awesome too...please make that happen!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stopmakingsense

says the liverpool supporter

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Rugby...they don't wear pads because they can't hit and they can't run. Higher level of athletes in high school in the states, rofl.

Also, the rags would be top of the list, but I'm going to save some pity for them with the hole Moyes will put them in

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Can't really think of a team or player I hate. I DO hate bloody commentators that have no clue what the hell they are talking about. Mike Mayock being #1.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Titans always get Dan Dierdorf, who can barely tell the difference between zone and man to man anymore

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Yeah, it's time for Dan to retire. I'm liking the Titans this year. Well, except 2 weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Men's synchronized swimming and diving. It's really really strange. Men in gymnastics or in ballet are fine ... but for some reason them synchronized in the water in their speedos is just ... ugh.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You just have to know where to look to get "cool" men's diving.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join