It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sporting Players/Teams You Hate/Cant stand the sight of

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Everyone has a team , player or maybe even sport they just cannot stand...

I for one cannot stand the Miami Heat, i think they are the baddest sports in the Nba, Lebron sold his soul and i hope he never wins a championship. Theyre a bunch of cocky young upstarts and i hope they get nothin more than their stupid houses and cars. The coach is like a coked out business man.

Soccer. hate it
Tennis. hate it
Harbhajan Singh spin bowler for Indian cricket team
Jarrod Hayne- Nrl player
Serena Williams

Now your turn.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stopmakingsense

Just for grins and giggles, I'll bite.

The Pittsburgh Steelers.

The most arrogant team.

The most arrogant fans.

And yet they still lost to the Pack and Tebow.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Toronto Maple Leafs AND Montreal Canadiens are both full of LOSERS. There fans are the worst and none of them will win a Stanley Cup for years to come. Go Sens Go!. Everyone was getting on the I hate the sens bandwagon saying they were going to come in LAST in preseason predictions but now we are ranked in the top ten of the entire NHL as it stands now.

TL;DR
Suck in Montreal and Toronto.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sports - I hate to say this as there are plenty of my American friends on here...but your sports suck.
American football - rugby with padding.
Baseball - over here it's called rounders and played by girls.
Basketball - again, netball in the uk and played by girls. You lot just filled it with giant men but it Still sucks.
All so garbage...but not quite as boring as cricket!!! The worst sport bar none.

As for sports stars, John Terry is a disgrace to soccer and the England team.
Wayne rooney stupid behind belief, no thought for his actions and how they reflect.
Craig Bellamy - just a complete ****

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
All of them. Watching sports is a waste of time IMO. Go read a book or study something before you die!
A bunch of guys tossing a ball around just doesn't entertain me anymore.
edit on 12-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Sports - I hate to say this as there are plenty of my American friends on here...but your sports suck.
American football - rugby with padding.
Baseball - over here it's called rounders and played by girls.
Basketball - again, netball in the uk and played by girls. You lot just filled it with giant men but it Still sucks.
All so garbage...but not quite as boring as cricket!!! The worst sport bar none.

As for sports stars, John Terry is a disgrace to soccer and the England team.
Wayne rooney stupid behind belief, no thought for his actions and how they reflect.
Craig Bellamy - just a complete ****

Soccer, most of the time, is played by a bunch of WIMPS who cry to the referee every single time they get a little bit of contact and build it up to be a huge foul. Not just limited to the French players either. (Not an American posting, but try some bone-rattling ice sticks you Brit)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

I agree - it's not what it used to be, these pampered stars have gone soft. Different story playing it at Sunday league and below Level though...rough as anything.

Hockey - hadn't even thought of that, but again over here it's thought of as a girls sport...the americans just added padding and glammed it up a bit

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I didn't know we were allowed to make Hate Threads on ATS

but oh well....I'll vent a bit

GOLFERS omg seriously, hitting a ball and walking around and getting MILLIONS

It's like the one thing I can watch that will guarantee put me to sleep

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
I didn't know we were allowed to make Hate Threads on ATS

but oh well....I'll vent a bit

GOLFERS omg seriously, hitting a ball and walking around and getting MILLIONS

It's like the one thing I can watch that will guarantee put me to sleep

Try it first... Become good enough to use only one ball for 18 holes... you then see why millions are paid.

watching it on tv kills me everytime

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

I agree - it's not what it used to be, these pampered stars have gone soft. Different story playing it at Sunday league and below Level though...rough as anything.

Hockey - hadn't even thought of that, but again over here it's thought of as a girls sport...the americans just added padding and glammed it up a bit

Soccer over here is considered a girl sport. Oh well, when in Rome, tell them there sport is for sissy's and that your own is vastly superior is what I always say.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

haha yeah i forgot about golf geezzz
oh the scenery... err
stupid game

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i forgot about the fans too!!
they can be easily worse than the team itself
i think man united supporters are in that catergory for me.
its as if 70% of them jumped on the bandwagon whenever it drove down the street and now they pretend like they were born and bred there..

sort of like chicago bulls when jordan was around
everyone went for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Leighton Hewitt - tennis player... cringe every time I see him and his wife.

I am Australian and love to watch Gridiron (American football) and my son plays it here. He would be upset at the above posters as he longs to play basketball for Miami Heat (loves Lebron) and thinks New England Patriots in Gridiron are the best.

While on the subject... cricket is the worst sport ever as it is so painfully boring to watch

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Touche...
I suppose the fact that football is the biggest sport on the planet makes no odds though? Man enough for the rest of the world...(why they call the game football when they run around holding it in their hands is a mystery :puz

American "world series" where its actually just america...don't make me laugh

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Man Utd, hands down...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I hate Serena Williams- She has a chip on her shoulder.
I hate NSW Blues, and generally anything to do with NSW.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

hahaha i like the maroons but gee i want them to lose just so its better next series!
and yeah stuff that yank, bad loser,no personality. couldnt give a stuff about her

now when ur going for the maroons do you love the melbourne boys or what?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Gretsky, an arrogant little rat that I saw cheat at hockey and get away with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

haha yeah he has a name that you just dont need to hear..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
For me, it's A-Rod....hands down.

I've seen compilations of some of the cheap tricks he's played on opposing players to get them to mishandle balls (grabbing it from their gloves, shouting out to startle the fielder, etc.) and it speaks volumes of him as a person. A player of his skill and stature who has to resort to those kinds of petty things to get an edge has no class whatsoever. Always has a pompous look on his face, too.

I take the greatest joy in seeing him strike out at a critical time.

His polar opposite in the game of baseball in former-Jay, and current D'back John MacDonald. He has a fraction of A-Rod's talent (except with the glove), but is a class act and a great ambassador for the game of baseball.

You can throw in the Yankees for that matter as the team I despise -- always trying to buy championships...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join