It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Spirituality / Know Thyself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What can one do to awaken ones true essence/soul/spirit, should we meditate an hour each day or what should we do, right now im leaning towards zen buddhism as being the truth or close to it...i believe the truth lies in the esoteric dimensions of religions, like sufism and gnosticism and esoteric buddhism/hinduism etc they all talk about the God within...What is true spirituality?

Know thyself, man, and ye will know the gods and the universe....
I think Plato was the one that said "know thyself" but what does this mean? what do these profound words of wisdom mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am very interested in the topic. I don't have the answers however it is said that in this time of easy knowledge we are sposed tobe becomming spiritually enlightened at a faster rate. I think those who have an open mind and are looking for more can find it these days. Such as subscribing to ATS and discussing all these things with like minded people. As far as knowing one self I believe this is extremely important and people don't spend enough time doing this. For an example (I hate to use a teen flick example, but it works). How many people that go from long term relationship, become single and struggle with knowing who they are by themselves and how to get through everyday. They than find it easier rather than to find themselves, step into another long term relationship. And that cycle continues for the rest of their life, never being truly happy because they can't. They aren't happy with themselves. Cause they don't know their selves

That is a very simplistic view. But a start. If you were to know yourself completely it would bring you to true spirituality. Even as simple as that may sound, not many people are actually true to them selves. Most people are to busy being what they believe they are ment to be, bringing no happiness to themselves or their existence. Which leaves them to a very closed off state. If your closed off. How are you ment to have any spirituality?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Bro you don't awaken. You realize that you had the truth within since you were born.
That everything is one and we a part of a collective consciousness. You can mediate
to increase your energy levels but will not meet any supernatural entity's, only supernatural
experiences.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
the thing to remember is that Spirituality is NOT religion. What works for me, may not work for you. Spirituality is a very personal thing. Sounds like you already have some interests so start there and use that as a base to build off of. We are all different in many ways, find some things that resonate with you and go from there. I personally don't meditate in the traditional way, but my mind is quiet and head is clear when i need it to be because what i do works for me. Find your own path, experiment, Harm Ye None, But do What Thou Will.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I have observed that, despite what such sages have said, I am not very God like.

Neither are you.

How can people proclaim such obvious BS over and over, in the light of the truth of our existence, really baffles me.

Please cite examples of "ascended masters" who got there by navel-gazing.

... and tell me what God like miracles they did as proof of their words.

edit on 11/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting. I am in the same search and have been of late. Here are a couple of links they may help. I have been

trying to digest some of this info. It appears like it will take time to slowly digest and "meditate" think on slowly

at least at first as knowing thyself as Spirit as opposed to flesh is completely opposite as the world teaches us

Good luck on your search brothers and sisters. This is the seek and yea shall find bit.

www.thelovingsoulfoundation.org...

www.love-themeaningoflife.com...

gospelofthomas.webs.com...
edit on 11-1-2012 by savagediver because: Bad spelling and I am not good at laying out posts , sorry I have tried. =)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 1/11/2012 by Klassified because: Redacted.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Only you can truly know yourself. Knowledge of Self should be the easiest thing in the world to gain, but Ego is the master illusionist!

We must find truth for ourselves for it to be unadultered truth. Once someone else conceptualizes truth, it becomes corrupted. Crazy, I know! Truth is self-evident.

I will give some concepts that have helped me. But remember, truth is within YOU, not in the words of me or any guru.

• Ego.
Learn all about Ego. Ego enforces the illusion of separation. Nationality, gender, religion, social status, political ideology, etc. These labels are not YOU. Learn about Ego, learn its purpose, understand its purpose, accept it, and liberate yourself from it.

• Mindfulness, Conscious Awareness
At all times, strive to be mindful, conscious, and aware. Think about and analyze your thoughts and emotions. Ask yourself 'why' you feel this way about this thing, ask yourself 'why' you are thinking this thing. Figure out the roots and causes of your thoughts and emotions. Be aware of every word that comes out of your mouth and each voluntary and involuntary movement your body makes. Be immersed in awareness of your thoughts, emotions, words, actions, reactions, sight, hearing, scent, taste, and touch. Be aware of your entire body. Be aware of everything around you and outside of you.... the sky, ground, people, plants, animals, air, water, buildings.... Sometimes it is exhausting to be fully aware, and sometimes we forget to be aware. But keep trying as soon as you remember.

• Face your fears of your own self
Look deep within your soul, life, and memories. Don't hide from yourself. Accept your mistakes and liberate yourself of regret. Face your past pains and forgive others and yourself. Stop blaming others, take responsibility for all of your life no matter how difficult or painful. Face your deep dark secrets. Forgive yourself and others of everything so that you have no baggage or hidden issues.

• The many are One
A tree is a single tree, but change perspective and the tree becomes a forest. Learn to know the singularity of the tree and the collectiveness of the forest at the same time.

• As above, so below. As within, so without
Learn, understand, observe, and contemplate how You effect existence and how existence effects you.

• Meditate
Learn how to quiet your mind of thoughts through meditation. Have no expectations of meditation, just learn how to relax your mind and body. The rest will come to you when you are ready.

I hope these tips help. Peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i enjoyed all of your views in one way or another, I thought I would add this simple vision. At first we think we are the onion and peel of layers, eventually all layers are peeled and nothing is revealed.
then we give birth to more onions and forget the emptiness that we are.once again the layers stand in our way, a peeling process begins again. At the end of the loop, we find that there is no difference between the layers of the onion and emptiness.That how its been for me, duality is lost, but the different aspects are experienced.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I;ve been putting many tools on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Journey Over The Rainbow, Draw Forth Your Light

Just slowed down and doing it slowly.

I highly recommend both binaurals and whales and dolphin sounds, and both in meditation, but also to have the mp3 on while doing dishes. Let them build up and do a few sink loads, lol. Its the water. Also touching a pool of water, in the bath. But ask questions and then go zen. Water connects to the earth grid, and enhanced psi/encounters can happen.

But part of seeking is working on asking why you're here, and being humble and trying to overcome blocks in self to compassion, noticing others, finding fault in self not others, and seeking strongly, to raise our frequency with kindness. Because the pineal is a stargate that can access many realms, but Christ showed the way. Christ came to show us how to ascend or progress, or be truly free. Buddha also. Those two are my favorite teachers, for they did not harm. Others seemed to fight in wars, or retaliate, those two did not harm.

Be Perfect as our Father in Heaven is Perfect. That is a lifelong journey, never quite obtainable, and one only feels so unworthy, but that is the pineal connection to source.

Or like Genesis 32; 30, Jacob's ladder and the word penial is mentioned by name to see God. And Jacob's ladder would also reflect the many realms and stargates of the pineal. So always seek Higher Higher Higher, and that means more kindness and service to others. Turn the dial up on frequency and down on self. Though honoring and caring for self is also a part of it, balance.

Its all about Love and being harder on self than others, never judging others, assuming if they're the way they are its because we failed them, so up to the effort again.

When frequency raises the veil thins, answers come. Also using tools to enhance mind, psi, spirit.

With practice, the flabby psi muscles start to work a bit more and more. And we're meant to grow consciousness, not ignore these gifts within.

If you can meditate for 2 hours a day, is very good. Also, attempting obe's and lucid dreams. But then don't settle for just any old adventure if you do but climb Jacob's ladder, go Higher Higher Higher and seek to meet with Higher Self, Guides of only the Highest Love and Goodness serving our Spiritual Family, and even Christ and Buddha for answers, for ways to help each day, for understanding.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Also when your frequency is higher, and the veil lifts, when you have troubles, you'll start to notice, flashing into your mind will be loved ones, relatives, those who have passed away, for our family watches over, close family, and sends much help our way. And having a thankful heart, for all the gifts in life, and help is a very good thing.
When you do feel someone, you may also notice, that you can reach into the energy frequency, if its real and high, and even glimpses of home and Beyond.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why not?

Hey you! Wake up!
Open your swollen eyes
Erosion invades your mind
A cancer that grows over time

Hey you! Rise up!
Rise to fight, eliminate
Burn your fuse to detonate
The human machines of hate

All these years they've tried to break you
To your knees
Anger scours right through your veins

Now it's time to put an end
To all the lies
Now it's time to take control
Of your life

Wake up! Rise up!
Open minds will dominate
Burn your fuse to detonate
The human machines of hate

To your knees

To all the lies
Of your life

Hypocrisy
You can't believe
Machines of hate
A disease that infiltrates

Persist for resistance
Resist their insolence
You are a dissident
Burn away conformity

To your knees

To all the lies
Of your life

They have tried to break you
They have tried to break you

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Very interesting post and subject, thanks.

In my humble and limited vision, there can not be one certifiable, all-encompassing, always valid and warranted definition of.. anything. This, to me, is what gives Spirituality its grace. It evolves, and so, can not be caught and put into dogmatic use. Many have tried, all have failed, due to the fact that each one of us has, literally, a different point of view, while we're all looking at the same thing.

What is Spirituality, to me? Know Thyself, and Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Spirituality is truth, thyself is truth. Deny thyself and you won't live. Come clean.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
What can one do to awaken ones true essence/soul/spirit, should we meditate an hour each day or what should we do, right now im leaning towards zen buddhism as being the truth or close to it...i believe the truth lies in the esoteric dimensions of religions, like sufism and gnosticism and esoteric buddhism/hinduism etc they all talk about the God within...What is true spirituality?

Well, I could tell you some of what I did, but I am not everyone, each must find their own particular path to follow. You are right that it begins in the Esoteric, all religion does is teach one basic ritual, and basic mindset, and power words. Remember, "In the Beginning was the Word." Some take the lighter side of religion and apply it to themselves, hoping against hope that they are doing the right thing, some are not capable of learning higher thought, and the study of a discipline such as the Kabbala is like taking a college course, and seeking a Phd. Some are just too lazy, or too busy with their lives. I worked, and raised a family, it wasn't until I got hurt, and was on my back with nothing to do that I began my studies. This is not for everyone.

Know thyself, man, and ye will know the gods and the universe.... I think Plato was the one that said "know thyself" but what does this mean? what do these profound words of wisdom mean?

Happy to address that, friend. Know Thy Own Self means just that, know who, and what you are. This takes inner Alchemy to accomplish, now before you freak out, what I mean is you have to take a journey deep inside your self, inside your Soul. Now some will say, "I have the Holy Spirit, so everything is cool, it will take care of me." This is taking the Left Hand path, dependence upon an outside source for everything is never a good idea. It is all inside. Everything that is, all written in your DNA coding. It is quite like a program. It contains Energy, Spiritual Essence, Divinity, and Family Connections that you are not yet fully aware of. Inside also contains the Divine, whatever you call it, it is all the same, and all encompassing. Everything is a Duality, and a Mirror Image. To have one thing, an opposite thing must exist. Want Good? Then you will need Evil. One defines the other, take one away, all crumbles.

You have to take the Journey, no one else can do it for you. Once you know yourself, there will be no going back. I myself have not one time regretted my Life Path, and my Path to the Divine.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For a moment, let go of all the expectations of you, let go of all the people you want to impress, all the expectations of "good and evil" or "beautiful or ugly". Let go of everything and all the desires. That is the self. When you can make a decision based on what you know is good for the earth, your physical and spiritual self, and humanity as a whole.

You achieve this over time, by first forgiving yourself for any mistakes youve made and especially forgive others for pain they may of caused you. This is difficult but hate has never extinguished hate, nor jealousy, or resentment. Only Love can do those things. Love is the purest, truest, and most powerful emotion there is.

After youve freed youre self from pain, pitty, and hate/resentment you can stop defending yourself and start to live a life full of love. You can start releasing expectation people have of yourself because this is your life and you can live it how ever you want.

After you can live your own life and want to reach a more pure self, you can start to release desire. Desire to look good, or eat meat ( which I read is actually pretty bad for you if you want to reach a more pure state ), desire to have sex with attractive women, or even have sex at all, to watch your favorite tv show, in the end the desire to reach the purest state even is an obstacle and needs to be extinguished. This is ultimately when your spiritual gravity is so strong that you are sucked out of space/time into higher into true self in higher dimensions.

Im not saying you have to do all this stuff but nit and pick. You should definitely release all hate and resentment. Stop living up to expectations people have and especially the medias / cultural expectations because if you live in America theyre pretty much #ed.

BpK

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Everyone has two selves, the ego/body, and the spirit/soul/Self. The Self is outside the mind, the "you" which guides and controls your mind, that which sees the mental images.

The Self is like a camera, it captures the world but it can not capture itself. You must understand ontologically that this Self exists because you are conscious, it is the unchanging "seat" of the mind. Know that and you know your true Self beyond your body.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join