It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outgoing Mississippi governor issues nearly 200 pardons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
And the news keeps coming in on this issue!

AG Hood says Barbour violated constitution and is asking Judge Tommie Green to order a temporary injunction on all releases. Hood wants 4 murderers and 1 robber ordered back to prison. He says many did not meet requirement of law to file and publish their request 30 days prior to pardon. Some filed as late as January 6th, and now AG Hood needs to go through each case on list.

www2.wjtv.com...

A Mississippi judge has temporarily blocked the release of 21 inmates who'd been given pardons or medical release by Republican Haley Barbour in one of his final acts as governor.

Hood said he believes Barbour might've violated the state constitution by pardoning some inmates who failed to give sufficient public notice that they were seeking to have their records cleared.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 12-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
-Michael Graham, whose sentence Barbour suspended in 1998 and whom he pardoned Tuesday. Graham was convicted of shooting his ex-wife in 1989 in downtown Pascagoula with a shotgun at point-blank range.reply to post by jerryznv

I was borned and raised. In Pascagoula Ms I remember hearing about this...... alotta talk about fishy evedence involving this case.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Now Governor Haley Barbour's wife, Marsha, has helped buy these two pardoned murderers cars and gotten them Drivers Licenses two days before being let free. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use Mississippi tax payers money to do just this.

WTF!!!

Barbour's Wife Helped Inmates Buy Cars
LINK

^^^^Video above in article^^^^

edit on 19-3-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join