It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Indians drinking adulterated milk, finds FSSAI survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

70 per cent milk samples collected across the country by food safety authority did not conform to standards.

The results of a first-of-its-kind survey on milk by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) reveal something startling—most Indians are consuming detergents and other contaminants through milk.

The National Survey on Milk Adulteration 2011, a snap shot survey, was conducted to check the contaminants in milk, especially liquid milk, throughout the country. The study found that due to lack of hygiene and sanitation in milk handling and packaging, detergents (used for cleansing) are not removed and find their way into the milk. Many a time, detergents are deliberately added to milk. The survey report notes that the consumption of milk with detergents in hazardous to health. About eight per cent samples were found to have detergents. Other contaminants like urea, starch, glucose and formalin, too, are used as adulterants. FSSAI tested a total of 1,791 samples.

Continue Reading

This kind of stuff just makes me sick. Just the thought that this is the milk I consume everyday. Why can't we get good things? Are people becoming so blind in making profits that they jeopardize even their family and future generation. Moreover, you can't even get pure milk directly from farmers because of all the injections they give to cows to increase yields. Is it even possible to get anything in pure form nowadays? Have all the injections spared even one pure genetic pool? I just wonder about the health of people after 40-50 years. With the increasing rate of everything being adulterated, will anyone be healthy at that time? And to think that I have to spend all of my life consuming this sh*t! (I'm 17)

edit on 11-1-2012 by check_himu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by check_himu

So sorry about that, we'll try harder next quarter to be within standards!
Well, that's what they tell me every quarter in my water standards survey from the local water district.
You see, in time you will find that if you make 5 billion dollars and are sued foe 250 million in a year,you still profited 4.75 billion!!
Who cares if some kids die or some kids parents go buh bye forever?
Cash works just as well, right?
It is called corporate interest and not public interest for a reason.

Only you can protect yourself, do so please as we will need clear thinkers if everybody wakes up at once.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
And the biggest disappointment is the reaction of people. It was just a one day breaking news. No mention of it today in news or papers. And people just don't care. Sh*t jokes and stupid status updates will get 100 likes and 20 comments, but I posted this news yesterday on FB and not a single like or comment. So much for connecting with others.

new topics

join