It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

This is my first thread (besides my intro), I did a search and couldn't find this on here yet (if it is, I apologize).

Anyway, I just found this video on a random blog. It shows footage taken by the Apollo 11 astronauts from inside the spacecraft as they film different shots of "Earth" from a window. Well, they're actually in space, but they aren't as far away from the Earth as they say. Watch the video, there is great narration. Very interesting stuff, indeed.

So what do you guys think? This is the first video I've ever seen that makes me believe some of the moon landing hoax conspiracies.

much love,
OnewithAll
edit on 10-1-2012 by onewithall because: changed the title

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

This is an excerpt from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon. Its quite an apic docu, as they go.
Expect debunkers in 5....4.....3....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for telling me the title of the documentary, I'll definitely watch it! I mean, this footage almost had my jaw on the floor. Those tricky tricky astronauts...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I still don't think they have ever been to the moon! Just saying that until we have a colony or a workforce mining the moon that I'm not going to believe it!

nice vid though!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

Wow.... this clip is very damaging to the official story. I am more impressed with this exposure than any of the lunar surface hoax arguments.

What can we believe about history or what the U.S. Government has been telling us? Crying shame!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
Just saying that until we have a colony or a workforce mining the moon that I'm not going to believe it!

What if there's already a colony up there, just...not ours? (que dramatic music) Dunn, Dunnnnn, DUUUUUUNNNN!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Great thread! I never knew which side to take on the moon landing, but now i think my opinion is clearly that we never made it...
Where did you find this if you don't mind me asking?
S&F and i plan to check out that documentary asap.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
saved for later

+69 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Bart Sibrel. Maker of "A Funny Thing Happened" and a true jackass.
His crap about leaked footage is lies. His out of context clips, more so.

edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nice find! The only thing that could debunk the debunking would be the audio. Even without the audio its pretty incriminating. Why would they ever need to make the Earth look further away with Moon walkers on board.

+30 more 
link   
It only took a minute to realize their misinformation. If you are only in earth orbit, you are only about 220 miles away, you wont see nearly a tenth of earth, let alone near half of earth. Simple perspective it doesn't even need a diagram. From orbit you cant even see half of America. Ever see ISS videos? Apparently not.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Star and Flag.

What can we believe about history or what the U.S. Government has been telling us? Crying shame!

Yeah, this kind of validates the 9/11 conspiracies even further for me. If they've been lying for so long about the good things, why would they start telling us the truth now about the bad things?

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How much of earth can you see from the ISS?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I read somewhere that all astronaughts belong to that secret society so they should be able to keep it a secret ....peace good post op

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Like I said, those tricky tricky astronauts...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Interesting...mason astronauts, if you will?

+50 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
More "fake Earth". Oh, wait a minute. How does that work again? How does a fake Earth manage to pass out of the frame of the window (6:20)? I wonder why Bart didn't include this part of the "leaked" video in his movie.

edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This still does nothing to disprove the other footage...

Further more, I never claimed the Earth was actually fake, hence the word "illusion" because they were making it seem as if they were further away than they actually were at the time. Did you even watch the video?

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Do you know anything about perspective? The Famous Apollo 17 image of Africa and Antartica of earth was taken at a distance of 28,000 miles away. You can't see that much of the globe closer. Do you also understand its impossible to see 50% of a sphere? Don't go into mapping as a profession.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join