It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

Yes I did. I've also watched the rest of Sibrel's stupid movie. Have you?
What "illusion"?

edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Did you even watch his? Obviously not since it goes against how idiotic this thread is. The Command Module didn't even have circular windows. They were square which is apparent from the last video Phage posted at 6:20. Stop spreading retarded misinfo.

edit on 10-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Did you even watch the video?

Did you even watch the video that Phage posted? Did you not see the entire earth as it passed from view in the window and then re-appeared? How could they create the illusion that made the entire earth appear that small and far away if they were faking it thru one window, rigged up to cut a 'large earth in near earth orbit' down to size?

You can clearly see the entire earth, along with the whole window and frame in the video Phage posted. Explain this to me.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Haven't you heard? It's all an "illusion" and a conspiracy!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The reason they had to block the sun from the opposite side of the spacecraft is simply because for most of the earth to be in light, they were between the sun and the earth. How simple of a concept is that not to be able to comprehend?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Apparently.....
Oh well, I have never participated in the 'fake moon landing' debate before. This'll give me some practice!!

edit on 1/10/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Did you even watch his? Obviously not since it goes against how idiotic this thread is. The Command Module didn't even have circular windows. They were square which is apparent from the last video Phage posted at 6:20. Stop spreading retarded misinfo.

No round windows in the Command Module?

Your door was missing, giving a false representation, likely purposeful disinformation.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I always thought they did go to the Moon - I was allowed to stay up as a kid and watch it.
I can think of explanations for both sides of the discussion or arguement.
So the reason they say Appollo 11 never went to the Moon is because they could not pass the Van Hallen belts.
Surely the actual space module protected them as it protects the probes NASA has sent out to view Saturn etc.
Or the porbes oops probes that landed on Mars. So I dont get how The Van Hallen Belts would be a problem.
Then there are the two probes sent out in the 70s I think which are on the verge of interstellar space now.
I am sure they have the technical ability to land on the Moon but also I am waiting for an investigative report regarding a secret space programme which makes NASA look like childs play which is in the making I have heard.
However I would not put it past them whoever them is to fake a Moon landing.
edit on 10-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Van Allen belts have a hole at the poles, where it is very weak. The numbers the narrator gave are equivalent to 6 years in space, the Apollo missions were 2 weeks, a half an hour exiting the belts by way of the North Pole, the diagram in the video EVEN ILLUSTRATES THE VIODS!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Yes The Van Hallen Belts are not an obstacle so the argument that it was not possible to pass them and so they did not go is void in my opinion

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Score so far is me 3, video 0. I didn't even watch half of it!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
ISS is in LEO (Low Earth Orbit) so proves nothing. Geosynchronous orbit alone would give you the view from that hoax video, and that is not one tenth of the way to the Moon.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Geosynchronous orbit = 22,236 miles.
Moon's orbit = 240,000 miles.
240,000 / 10 = 24,000 miles.

Pretty close to one tenth but so what? Sibrel claims they were in low Earth orbit. The Apollo video is not a hoax, they were quite a ways further out than that.
apollo-history-and-hoax.com...
edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
130,000 miles out is what they said I think
Perhaps the Moon landings were fake and it IS really made of cheese with little green aliens running around it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

The apollo 17 image of earth is about as close to earth you can get to be able to image the whole globe that way. Its a rare shot because they had to be exactly between the sun and earth, and one of the few that show that much of Antarctica. Also why it's clarity is so good, camera improvement, trajectory, and southern hemisphere is what makes that image unique. Also 28,000 miles away puts them in the middle of the outer Van Allen belts zone. You don't want to orbit there.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The damage done by that stupid diatribe is still going on.
Even some ATS'rs, never having seen it before, automatically push the Hoax button when someone posts it.
It should be destroyed.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I love all of the astronauts that we have here. How nice of them to come here and post their expert knowledge on every conceivable topic known to man that has to do with space.

Has anyone here really been in outer space and are speaking of 'experienced knowledge' or are you only reciting from books that you like a lot?

Seriously, so many experts on space, history, politics, religion, etc. Yet so much time spent on a forum.

Almost can't stand to read the posts on most of these threads anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
I love all of the astronauts that we have here. How nice of them to come here and post their expert knowledge on every conceivable topic known to man that has to do with space.

Has anyone here really been in outer space and are speaking of 'experienced knowledge' or are you only reciting from books that you like a lot?

Seriously, so many experts on space, history, politics, religion, etc. Yet so much time spent on a forum.

Almost can't stand to read the posts on most of these threads anymore.

Gosh I feel reprimanded - I best go stand in the corner.
But yes you have a point.
I looked at the Moon through binoculars the other night and was shocked to see that the wonderful features I had seen on Astro Photos were real - It is something else to see for your self like seeing for the first time a real Wow moment. But that is the closest I have ever gotten to the Moon
I saw Sirius too my favourite star - wont say why youd think me silly - I even like it better than our star the Sun but then I havent seen it from outer space.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
definitely going to see the documentary now

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

I don't have to be in the middle of the ocean to know its wet. The points I made in this thread don't require any expertise, which says something about the OP video presented, with elementary flaws easily dismissed; distance from earth to see a near full globe, round window, where the Van Allen Belts are, blocking the sun to reduce glare to look back at earth, is common knowledge you only need a pencil and paper to illustrate. Did they present the Apollo trajectories? Did they outright lie about the radiation levels? I couldn't view much more than that, so I know what you mean.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join