It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC panel: Forced sterilization victims should get $50K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

NC panel: Forced sterilization victims should get $50K

www.dailyrecord.com

RALEIGH, N.C. — People sterilized against their will under a discredited North Carolina state program should each be paid $50,000, a task force voted Tuesday, marking the first time a state has moved to compensate victims of a once-common public health practice called eugenics.

The panel recommended that the money go to verified, living victims, including those who are alive now but may die before the lawmakers approve any compensation. The Legislature must still approve any payments.

A task force report last year said 1,500 to 2,000 of those victims were still alive, and the state has
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"State officials sterilized more than 7,600 people in North Carolina from 1929 to 1974 under eugenics programs, which at the time were aimed at creating what was seen as a better society by weeding out people such as criminals and mentally disabled people considered undesirable. Around the country more than 60,000 people were forcibly sterilized under the program."

50k seems a bargain. especially in todays dollars. i'd sure want more if i was one of those mutilated.

www.dailyrecord.com

eta, sorry bout' the multiple threads, but the newswire is screaming at me today.
seems odd that so many imortant issues are getting press. makes me wonder about what they are not telling us.
edit on 10-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Already beat you to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is some messed up news though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I bet they wont get a penny. Eugenics is still secretly but WIDELY practice today dont eat junk food or fast food.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Already beat you to it

This is some messed up news though.

so you did, different title to article.
wonder why it still didn't come up.

thread closed.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

"State officials sterilized more than 7,600 people in North Carolina from 1929 to 1974 under eugenics programs, which at the time were aimed at creating what was seen as a better society by weeding out people such as criminals and mentally disabled people considered undesirable. Around the country more than 60,000 people were forcibly sterilized under the program."

50k seems a bargain. especially in todays dollars. i'd sure want more if i was one of those mutilated.

www.dailyrecord.com

eta, sorry bout' the multiple threads, but the newswire is screaming at me today.
seems odd that so many imortant issues are getting press. makes me wonder about what they are not telling us.
edit on 10-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

That is such an incredible crime against humanity, I would expect millions, just on principle alone, and from the Bloodlines, Corporate Eugenics, Rockefellers and their ilk. Because they are the villians.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Already beat you to it

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join