It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updates on Art Bell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Art and Ramona do a live show every Saturday at 1:00 p.m. called "Tradeio". The theme song to the show is "Elephant Walk". This is a show where locals can call in to sell, buy or trade something. Art also has a special question each week that he asks the callers. Like- The possible cancellation of the Harvest Festival to Political questions. Art and Ramona camped out, at the Radio Station when the war with Iraq broke out. Finally the citizens in the "Kingdom of Nye" got live updates and actually were able to hear clearly whats happening. Radio stations in this area never came through well before. KNYE 95.1 f.m. came in loud and clear, without any static. Art sounds exactly the same and Ramona is a great host. Art and Ramona love doing "Tradeio" and it is extremely funny. You'd be surprised what people, in this cow town sell. From an egg launcher (as seen on his KNYE web-site) to computers. He has rules which are: Selling limit $1,500 or less. You can only call in one time each week. And Art and Ramona are not responsible, if you get a bad deal. Art just takes your first name and phone number to put on the air. Ramona keeps track of everything. That way Art say's you can decide if you want to give the buyer your address or not. Joking saying, "I don't want to be responsible for any serial killer going to someones house!" Art and Ramona do most of the stations commericals. With the sound effects and everything. One of Ramona's favorite sayings is "It's a husband thing." Usually when Art needs her assistance. I guess we are extremely lucky to have them, in the Kingdom of Nye. But I just know them as neighbors. If I see them out and about like anyone else I just say, " Hi Art how's it going?"

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the Update on Art and Ramona. I knew he retired mostly because of his back pain. Hope that isn't getting him down too much.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
thanks for that update. i miss art. coast to coast just isn't the same with out him. glad he's doing good.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Art Bell is going to be doing Coast to Coast on Friday 18th. Right from The Kingdom of Nye.
George is going somewhere for Easter.

new topics

top topics

join