It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US builds hospitals in Georgia, readies for war with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The United States is sponsoring the construction of facilities in Georgia on the threshold of a military conflict in Iran, a member of Georgian opposition movement Public Assembly, Elizbar Javelidze has stated.

'$5 billion was allocated for the construction of these 20-bed military hospitals'

rt.com...

Either for war with Iran or Russia.. :-/ Unless this is all just a precautionary, instead of sending all injured soldiers to Germany?..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

20 bed hospitals? even if they plan on building 30 of those hospitals, isn't that a low amount for the expected casualties.

In addition, airports are being briskly built in Georgia and there are talks of constructing a port for underwater vessels in Kulevi on the eastern Black Sea coast in Georgia.

Now this I find more concerning tbh.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
reply to post by CALGARIAN

20 bed hospitals? even if they plan on building 30 of those hospitals, isn't that a low amount for the expected casualties.

In addition, airports are being briskly built in Georgia and there are talks of constructing a port for underwater vessels in Kulevi on the eastern Black Sea coast in Georgia.

Now this I find more concerning tbh.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

these are front line emergency hospitals. they cant be too big for 3 reasons. 1. they could be captured by enemy 2. become easy target 3. they are built to treat threatening injuries before the wounded is transferred to a major hospital.

I'm sure they will have hospitals in Turkey for everyone else

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
5 billion for 20 beds? I hope thats a typo, or those beds better be the best damn beds money can buy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
5 billion for 20 beds? I hope thats a typo, or those beds better be the best damn beds money can buy.

Re-read it..

20 bed, hospitals. Multiple small hospitals with 20 beds in each.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I googled the price of a hospital bed for some perspective...

Hospital Adjustable Electric Hospital Bed
item# 0213NLTTUF
This fully electronic bed is specially designed for Alzheimer residents or others with similar needs.
LEARN MORE »

Unit: single
Retail Price: $1,770.00
Your Price: $1,327.00 You Save: $443.00

Just more overspending...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Or the guy is wrong and it's 200 beds per hospital...

I mean 20 beds are very very small hospitals.

But really, this is the less worrying part.

The more worrying part about it is the talk of US military bases on the border with Russia and the military port... not to mention Georgia's move to go into NATO, which is pure insanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There's more going on than Iran with Georgia.
Russia wants Georgia back, so there's that angle too.

US is trying to make Georgia want to stay away from Russia. Building hospitals is good PR.

US, IMO, needs to be building some hospitals in the USA, for people without insurance.
edit on 10-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Beds+building materials+workers+medical equipment+paying for the land/use of the land= closer to the price tag.
There is overspending, but 5 mil wasn't just spent on beds...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder what the Georgians were told, if anything.
I wonder if they realize they may be painting a big target upon themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
I wonder what the Georgians were told, if anything.
I wonder if they realize they may be painting a big target upon themselves.

What other choice would they really have though? If Russia wants to have them then when everything drops in the pot Russia will try to take them. They can either resist, and improve their ability to resist, or they can jjust let them come and occupy Georgia.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We even started employing those former Soviets, into our own military. I heard a rumor we were giving those guys US Federal Civil Service positions in Iraq....and they were making more money working a short time for us in Iraq than they would make in their entire life and their childrens life.

We have been pouring HUNDREDS of Billions into Georgia, not Billions.

I wonder how much in kick backs the Clinton's have been getting? Bill Clinton started firing Americans from DOD and using the money in the former Soviet Territories instead.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
after the war in South Ossetia I would bet that the Americans know the Russian capabilities all too well and will put that fight off until they are certain of victory with the least amount of fatalities or if it can be completed via blackops assassination.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Back to the hospitals...they had built some with plans for a hundred more.....
Thats 2000 causlties of a serious nature to stabilise and pass on to the next layer of hospitals that care fre the wounded....
I would asume the average stay wouldnt be long ...maybe 48-72 hours
So that makes about fourthousand casualties a week of capacity...supose they are not all full at once and knock off 30% of 4000 and you get an expectation of 2800 serious casualties a week is that it?
So 2800 wounded must equal at least half again in KIAs so 4200 a week to fight Iran?
Or what?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The United States is sponsoring the construction of facilities in Georgia on the threshold of a military conflict in Iran, a member of Georgian opposition movement Public Assembly, Elizbar Javelidze has stated.

'$5 billion was allocated for the construction of these 20-bed military hospitals'

rt.com...

Either for war with Iran or Russia.. :-/ Unless this is all just a precautionary, instead of sending all injured soldiers to Germany?..

You are quoting a bit player politician.
Any proof that this story is correct or is this more sensationalism without any factual basis.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

I think that is the key here, it's a Georgian politician from the opposition party. The United States backs the current party so this is mostly political talk. Also, the U.S. will only back Georgia so far...the conflict in South Ossetia proves this. Georgia is certainly a strategic ally of the U.S. but we are not going to battle Russia in any fashion other than politically over Georgia. That would be like Venezuela attacking Puerto Rico, then Russia trying to back Chavez when the U.S. retaliates, it would be an unachievable mission and ridiculous. Georgia is a poor country and the United States sends aid to them as their ally. We help them technologically, economically and militarily, as we do for all of our allies. That is really all their is to it.

new topics

top topics

join