It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Space Chief Claims Space Failures may be Sabotage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Russian space failures happen because of CORRUPTION in Russia. From contractors to soldiers. Why? Because they are not paid enough.

That's why their Bulava SLBM took so much time to develop. The manufacture of the missiles was poorly done because of workers selling some of the hardware used on the black market.

Maybe SOME foreign forces use the corruption to slow down Russia's programs, wouldn't surprise me, but not all of it, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why would the United States sabotage launches that supply its personnel on the ISS? The Chief of the Russian space agency needs to cover up the real reasons for the recent string of failures. Check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Popovkin is covering his backside. The old Soviets are back and he does not want to go to a prison north of the arctic circle for a visit, for failing.

Nice bit of humor and thanks for posting. With all the other launch failures the Russians are looking a bit cartoonish lately.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

They would not. That's what makes this funny. Clearly its the responsible person trying to shift blame away from himself. Used to be he would go to prison for that. Russia is clearly heading back that way, so I imagine people with responsibility are getting more nervous these days.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Phobos-Grunt Probe was also carrying a Chinese Martian satellite-- so it is not China.

If I am not mistaken, it was a USA tracking station used in an attempt to assist the hapless Russians re-gain contact with that P-G mission and the only attempt with any hint of success-- but, and as I had to explain to my toddler son, "Even Daddy cannot fix a popped balloon."

Besides, the USA needs the Russians to succeed-- most of us root for them. It is not the US.

I think the American's and Russians decided they liked each other despite politics when the Soviets (as then, they still were) quietly asked NASA if there was anything they could do to help when Apollo 13 looked like certain death for our astronauts.

Finally, I have been reading about Russian internal manufacturing quality control problems for what must be over a year now-- that kind of suggest the direction the finger of accusation ought to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join