It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777

First off, God doesnt make mistakes. Hes perfect, omnipotent, omnipresent, whatever.
edit on 11-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

God doesn't make gays. Homosexuality is from demonic forces and Satan. Gays are demon possessed because they reject Christ.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

God doesn't make gays. Homosexuality is from demonic forces and Satan. Gays are demon possessed because they reject Christ.

did your parents teach you this, or did you come up with it on your own?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Folks really need to chill with what goes on in other peoples bedrooms.
IMO, so long as it doesn't include: kiddies/animals/hurting other adults(without their permission, i may add)....do as you please!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

IMO, so long as it doesn't include: kiddies/animals/hurting other adults(without their permission, i may add)....do as you please!

That falls under the lines of Aleister Crowley's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" occult philosophy that has permeated into the media and culture. You've been so blinded by Satan and his lies that you can't see the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I used to be a good Catholic, I've been Agnostic for quite some time and I still do quite a bit of work for the Church. So let me say this, marriage is a religious institution. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ. He has papal infallibility. He runs the Church. So as far as Catholicism goes, what he says is the way it is. No discussion. If you aren't a Catholic, why do you care what he believes? If you are a Catholic and don't like what he says, there's that whole what you hold true on Earth I will hold true in Heaven thing, then you need to find a new religion. If he says it, it's part of the religion. And if you are a true Catholic you support it. If you don't like it, split for another religion. If you are not a Catholic then don't concern yourself with it, the pope can't introduce bills in Congress. If that's the position he wants his religion to maintain then so be it, if you don't like it then leave.

I have yet to see a religion that doesn't have views similar to that one or infinitely more ignorant. I'm not gonna argue whether the popes position is right or wrong. If you're a Catholic then it's right. Papal infallibility. If you aren't a Catholic it isn't relevant to you. I know many Catholics that follow the no birth control doctrine. And I understand why he says what he does even if I disagree with it. But it's no concern of mine. Leave the pope be, let him run his church and instruct his flock as he sees fit.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

It has nothing to do with what goes on in other peoples bedroom.Its got to do with gays carrying on like candy stripers,when they dont like what the bible has to say....
Simple facts is ....you can choose who goes to your house,if you dont want someone there you tell them to ping off.
Church,Pope,Bible and God dont want gays in the big house so get over it.I dont see what the problem is anyway for the most part of this thread gays have said they're non believers anyway.

edit on 11-1-2012 by ReefMan because: cause i can

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

you basically say this more than once.

If you aren't a Catholic it isn't relevant to you.

does this count for all other religions, or just catholics?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by DrJay1975

you basically say this more than once.

If you aren't a Catholic it isn't relevant to you.

does this count for all other religions, or just catholics?

most religions ...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by isaac7777

I will always be intolerant of ignorance and prejudice, whether its against women, blacks, hispanics, jews or gays.

And I'm sure that you meant to include anti-Catholic prejudice and the ignorance of the vast majority of posters in this thread that never bothered to read the source material to actually see what the Pope said, right?

I mean, why bother actually doing a bit of research when it's much more convenient to just make fun of someone's appearance, call someone that you disagree with but is clearly learned an idiot or discuss off-topic issues that let you vent your anti-Catholic angst?

BTW, the second paragraph isn't directed at you, per se.

And I'm still wondering why this thread is in CiR when there is absolutely no conspiracy in the OP.

Eric

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Religion is the number one reason why this place is heading down the gurgler. Nothing good has ever come of it, never will. Without religion there would still be hope for us!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by isaac7777

First off, God doesnt make mistakes. Hes perfect, omnipotent, omnipresent, whatever.
edit on 11-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

I truly don't know if you are a Christian or a cliche straw man contrivance by a non-Christian used to make us look like idiots. Seriously, I don't know. I see either being a possible.

If you are a Christian, please stop posting. You are making other Christians (like myself) look bad by association with ridiculous assertions such as the one above.

You're argumentative would be just as apropos discussing someone with a cleft lip, epilepsy, a stammer, gout or any other malady. Are they demon possessed?

Eric

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReefMan
reply to post by Garfee

Ever heard of the chicken boy? His grandfather had locked him up in a chicken coop after his parents died. He ended up thinking he was a chicken (and) he was later found in the middle of the road pecking like a chicken.
Kids are easily imprinted and brain washed into thinking something is right.
EDIT: I tidied up your grammar for easier reading - you're welcome.

Please explain why most homosexuals come from a heterosexual environment, oh wise one that knows it all - especially more about homosexuality than homosexuals do.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Garfee because: Even more to correct than I first saw. Where did you go to skool?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

I used to be a good Catholic, I've been Agnostic for quite some time and I still do quite a bit of work for the Church. So let me say this, marriage is a religious institution. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ. He has papal infallibility. He runs the Church. So as far as Catholicism goes, what he says is the way it is. No discussion. If you aren't a Catholic, why do you care what he believes? If you are a Catholic and don't like what he says, there's that whole what you hold true on Earth I will hold true in Heaven thing, then you need to find a new religion. If he says it, it's part of the religion. And if you are a true Catholic you support it. If you don't like it, split for another religion. If you are not a Catholic then don't concern yourself with it, the pope can't introduce bills in Congress. If that's the position he wants his religion to maintain then so be it, if you don't like it then leave.

I have yet to see a religion that doesn't have views similar to that one or infinitely more ignorant. I'm not gonna argue whether the popes position is right or wrong. If you're a Catholic then it's right. Papal infallibility. If you aren't a Catholic it isn't relevant to you. I know many Catholics that follow the no birth control doctrine. And I understand why he says what he does even if I disagree with it. But it's no concern of mine. Leave the pope be, let him run his church and instruct his flock as he sees fit.

The pope is an old fart that needs to wrap his head around modern times. He and his brothers are holding this planet from progression. They hate science, gays and even contraception. It's enough. We're not gonna stand by and let them treat minorities as second class citizens, infest our minds with rotten false believes that hold no scientific ground. We will cut theirs balls off. Choke them. Enough is enough. They think they own the place, they're wrong. These pedophile minions are going to listen to us and listen good or they know they are going to get a revolution on their head.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Another good example how rotten the whole piecake is. Want to remember them about the ammunition plants they owned in WWII. Now they are speaking about "good family life".
Is there a conspiracy about the church setting up HIV? Maybe its time for that.

Edit: @shadowangel, I was about to write the same, that I´m ashamed because of him. But the other way, he comes from bavaria (the ausland) if you know what I mean ;-)
edit on 10-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

As in "you know what I mean?" Not and in this specific issue, your by any stretch; hell most seriously NOT ALONE, to "tag" anything/or group to label a whole nation, people, "typical [American] label's" region they come from or as you made reference to national&cultural ones. (fill in you own blanks own as being...you know ANYTHING kind of to ME understand and please stop such nasty labels of a nation. So many do so-to my own)

Very bad form& that kind of crappy-stuff is prejudice (as in you know judge by self-perceptions)&, usually stereotypes&evil-twins bigoted, bull s***. A prejudice & in some cases case a bigot&first and bad one. Bigots act barfing, and using hate most cruel, I had a one-run in Georgia in 1967* it is a public attempt to inflict pain, or is Cruel? to me that is raw essence what I WOULD CALL true evil, and may GIA-ULTIMA or "God" or just what "I,or who-what ever floats ones boat, as long as we do not get carried away.

THE MOST vile "prejudice" The kind that is very cruel, the MOST Hateful&historically tragic of the human-condition, It's not super-science dude (or lady). Now before I forget MUST mention, I AM NOT calling you a bigot far as I know we never met. A bigot MAY appear to be splitting [hairs] ACTS ON their prejudice. Can you say "profiling?" not only what you said but the "church as if there is not more then one... or one valid [religion?]

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Things like this annoy me, to me personally all this nonsense the pope (and others like him) spouts is small minded, ignorant and blinded by his/their own flaws and insecurities. Homosexuality and all it entails (i.e gay marriage, same sex couples adopting etc) is IMO a natural thing, its nature, its just the way it is. Look into the animal kingdom there are many cases of homosexuality there: just as a small example:

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex.

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays an conspicuous role in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.

The highlight is mines - source

more

National Geographic
Natural historic museum

from above

Can animals be homosexual?
The sexual urge is strong in all animals. Many species have sex outside the mating season and commonly enjoy sex without reproductive intent – rubbing their sexual organs against each other or stimulating themselves or their partners in other ways. When animals of the same gender have sex, they exhibit homosexual behaviour. We call such animals homosexuals. Some animals are consistently homosexual throughout their life.

Or are people going to comment that this is just freaks of nature - just like those same people try to dub Gay/lesbian people as freaks. Homosexuality has been in the human race since the dawn of time, you only have to look back into our histories to see that (unless of course you are blind), of course perhaps at stages it was not discussed as often but it was there and always has been: example article worth reading

Homosexuals in history

Just look at the Greeks - Romans and even further back to see cases.

This is nature folks, people/animals are attracted to who they are attracted to....and no-one and i mean no-one has the right to condemn nor judge another for their choices in lifestyle or partner. To be honest i dont care what the bible says - the bible was written by man and therefore fallible to man's interpretation.

At the end of the day people believe what they believe, but in my opinion i have no issue with same sex couples wanting to get married and have the same rights and entitlements as any heterosexual couple - nor do i have any issue's with same sex couples being able to have children be that through adoption or surrogacy. They deserve every right and entitlements as any other person out there, after all they are human beings - certain people like the church and the pope need to get their heads out of the clouds and realise this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We are living in time where a shift of consciousness is happening. Unless one wishes to be left behind then it is important that we begin turning our minds away from carnal desires, in other words lusts of the flesh. It is better to remain single then to live out ones sexual desires. Pro creation is only ok because it is a continuance of the human race, but that being said the "god" that created our physical bodies only created us for a mundane purpose ie slavery/food, but after he created us he saw that we were nothing more than animals this is when the God of truth looked upon us and felt our dilema of despair and then breathed the true life into our animal bodies. At this point we became even greater then the ones whom manufactured or bodies through genetic manipulation or whatever, and this is the point where we were thrown out of the "garden of eden" out of jealousy, hence the reason Yahweh(the Annunaki) is a jealous god.
You can never hope to achieve a truly spiritual awakening while you are continuing to fulfill sexual lusts. This is why homsexuals, pedaphiles, people who mate with animals etc. will always remain blind and damned, because every time one fulfills a carnal desire it sucks one evermore into the physical animal realm/mentality.
This being said only a very small fraction of the people on this planet are going to make into the realm of the race eternal angels(a dimension higher then the 7th level of heaven, the race in which Yeshua the Christ is from), this entire physical realm is going to be destroyed once and for all, because in the first place it was nothing more then a blemish within the divine light of the all created by the Demiurge. When this will happen i am uncertain, that is because it depends on the choices of the people, the God of truth is considering allowing the human race to continue in the physical world for a while longer if and only if we as the people purge the evils of this world and in turn purge the evils within. Now is not the time to give in to the animal brain, now is the time to either smarten up or simply cease existing.
Our bodies are nothing more then physical instruments in which to interact within the physical realm and is but a thought, it is the divine spark within that is eternal. So can this world of darkness and despair be overcome by light and have heaven brought down upon it, or will it be eradicated and the holy and righteous ones be brought up into heaven. You decide.....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The Pope has no business making such discriminating comments against any group of people.
As we all know the catholic churches have had their share of child molesters that are mostly proven as straight men and I personally feel they are more of a threat then homosexuals and marriage.
Perhaps the Pope needs to clean his own back yard in his flock before he starts playing in other people garbage.
I think the Pope is ignorant and an idiot, what’s next will the Pope find all the Jews a threat?
This is why I walked away from religion; there is too much fear mongering and hatred being taught to the ignorant as it is. It’s bad enough that some churches are brainwashing their flock, however I have to wonder if they are competing with mainstream media with their propaganda methods. So many want so much control over people and their money.

Perhaps the Pope should have read what Christ taught about judging other men.

Those of you in here using this thread to bash homosexuals, and are hiding behind your religion have only proved how some of you are “ignorant” and some of you probably do not even know why you really hate homosexuals. I can assure some of you, society as a whole does not support your ignorant hatred.

edit on 12-1-2012 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Pope Benedict XVI achieved fluency in ten languages. Cardinal Giuseppe Mezzofanti mastered the following languages:

"Languages frequently tested, and spoken with rare excellence."

1.Biblical Hebrew
2.Rabbinical Hebrew
3.Arabic
4.Chaldean
5.Coptic
6.Ancient Armenian
7.Modern Armenian
8.Persian
9.Turkish
10.Albanian
11.Maltese
12.Ancient Greek
13.Modern Greek
14.Latin
15.Italian
16.Spanish
17.Portuguese
18.French
19.German
20.Swedish
21.Danish
22.Dutch
23.English
24.Illyrian
25.Russian
26.Polish
27.Czechish, or Bohemian
28.Magyar
29.Chinese

"Stated to have been spoken fluently, but hardly sufficiently tested."

1.Syriac
2.Ge'ez
3.Amharic
4.Hindustani
5.Gujarati
6.Basque
7.Wallachian
8.Californian
9.Algonquin

When crude, unilingual, uneducated, self-professed hedonists call the Pope, "an idiot", it only serves to reaffirm their own ignorance.

Study theology; obtain a post-graduate degree; master Hebrew; Latin or Koine Greek; enrich yourself in the philosophy of Plato, Aristotle, Marcus Aurelius, the NeoPlatonists, the Gnostics, the Stoics; etc; gain a solid understanding of political economy and world history; THEN come tell me the Pope is a fool.
edit on 12-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

the pope and similar are small minded and ignorant - i couldn't care he was the 2nd coming of the messiah, gay relations have been going on for thousands of years, sure its not to everyone's taste and that's fine however no-one has the right to dictate to another on how to live their personal lives.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

just shows that most intelligent are the worst fools.
i am against discrimination against gays but dont approve homo behaviour.
i hate evil not the evil doer.
as far as science goes, it is an arrogant delusion just like religion.
are we now following animals??
what do we know about animal behaviour??
i think homosexuality,trans are the result biological factors
but not in the way science is proposing at present.
there isnt a homo gene nor a trans gene.
i am a biology student and can provide a better explanation than scientists today.
but problem is no one will listen to me...
bottomline is, nature has simple rules, its the species which go against it and make it complex.
we as humans should'nt follow or use animals as an excuse.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join