It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I think I answered your question quite eloquently. The more straight-forward answer to your question, then, is no, it's not possible that a gay person should just be single rather than be with the person they love.

Does that cover it?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
LOL

Oh man, The Pope is such a tool.
Homosexuality is not contagious... It's not a plague running through society that will end with there being no hetrosexual people left :shk:

I think a bigger threat to humanity is the paedophilia carried out by Catholic Priests and when such acts are covered up..... by THE POPE.

That is of far greater concern to humanity than what (and who) consenting adults do in their bedrooms.

As is telling people not to use contraception, thus allowing AIDS to spread all over Africa.

Seriously...

**** the pope man...

Hey pope... why don't you go and spread some more aids or something

edit on 11/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Seriously the pope is a #-ing demon. I mean, it's just plan evil to oppose contraception. I mean you must really really hate humans to go that far.
edit on 11-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yes that does answer the question. Thank you. I promise this is only to help me understand and not to cause any issues with anyone.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
Homosexuality is but one of many various symptoms of corrupt society.

Sure spoken like someone disillusioned by mundane marital mission position!
pic related

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If gays are full ,NO next generation, NO humanity, no more born babies, i call it, the doomsday, lol.Who's the bloody idiot and who's not?One day, you'll figure.IDIOTS
edit on 11-1-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

I agree with you. The family values in the western society are so degraded beyond belief. we have people using abortion as a form of birth control, gay church leaders, and over all promoting of homesexual tendencies. no species are perfect and obviously we going to have gay people and a lot of other behavioural/environmental induced anomolies in people such as murderers,rapists and what not. the fact is society promoting this kind of thins is eventually going to make us extinct. case number one. according to the arguments they say homosexual is genetic but in which i agree but i also believe its also an environmental induced condition. here is my case: a child is born and adopted to two homosexual men. the child is a male by the way and straight(provided he didn't have the gay gene). through out his life growing up he will have to live listening to his "parent's" sex noises and will grow up in a house where homosexuality is promoted. my question is at will that boy at the time where is beginning to deal with his sexuality,wouldn't he rather more likely to chose homosexuality? because he grew up in that environment and thats pretty much all he has ever known as in comparison to research saying children who grow up in an abusive home tend to be abusers in their adult hood relationships.
that would be one more lost to the homesexuality and multiply that by millions if trends continue and the word "Family" would be a very strange and ancient term thus reducing our populations slowly but surely.. Remember WE and I MEAN WE STRIVE BY HAVING SEX AND REPRODUCING WITH FEMALES. Nature would have provided men with reproductive/child bearing and rearing organs if nature knew that would be as efficient way of multiplying as having sex with women.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

What about all the priests raping young boys, is that a threat to humanity? The same religous organization that tries to cover up child rape thinks gay marriage is a threat. Sort of ironic.
edit on 11-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kush89

I have to thank you for entertaining me. Seriously, I almost choked on my iced tea, I laughed so hard. So, people decide on their sexual orientation based on their parent's "sex noises". You've finally cracked the case on how people decide their sexual orientation !

edit on 11-1-2012 by kaylaluv because: Better punch line

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So basically most of the people here want others to be tolerant of gays, but when someone else is against gay marriage, they lash out, and are intolerant. Kinda hypocritical dont you think?

P.S-Im indifferent about others being gay, doesnt matter to me. But I dont like the fact that for thousands of years, marriage has been between a man and woman. I, and many others, want it to remain the same. Call it a civil union, whatever dont really care.

P.S.S-Yes i know im gonna get flamed for my opinions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
the pope is a bitch! i don't care who he is! Gay marriage is our choice. our human choice. there's nothing wrong with homosexuals men and men women and women nothing wrong with that! The pope is a nobody he thinks he'a all important but he's just as human as we are.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

the pope is too high on his religious beliefs to be open minded to other forms of thinking like what if religion is nothing but lies based on fantasy

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Do people still listen to that crazy old guy ? How does two guys getting "married" cause any problems to anyone ? I really don't get it. Surely having child abusing priests is a bigger problem to the world as this is the worst corruption of spirituality imaginable. People should listen to their own inner voice about whats right and wrong, not some old gezzer who's opinion is highly biased due to his medieval thinking. If you're a catholic in this day and age you really haven't been paying attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
threat to humanity? please.

Probably a threat to the Pope's wallet, but not humanity

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by isaac7777

I will always be intolerant of ignorance and prejudice, whether its against women, blacks, hispanics, jews or gays.

No one is saying that marriage can't be between a man and a woman. Of course, men and women can and should be able to get married. No one is trying to stop them. Gays being able to marry doesn't affect straight marriages in the least.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
He should really be concerned with his own conscience, and the time he spent as a youngster in the Hitler youth...yes, he was a member. Every German male child legally required to enroll as of March 1939. He was later drafted into the German army, and served at various posts around Traunstein, until he deserted at the end of the war. While he states he was never sent to the front, who knows what horrors he could've commited.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
So basically most of the people here want others to be tolerant of gays, but when someone else is against gay marriage, they lash out, and are intolerant. Kinda hypocritical dont you think?

P.S-Im indifferent about others being gay, doesnt matter to me. But I dont like the fact that for thousands of years, marriage has been between a man and woman. I, and many others, want it to remain the same. Call it a civil union, whatever dont really care.

That is one of the responsibilities of having a public opinion. You get to take the criticism as well. The history of marriage pre-dates Christianity and even religion. Gay folks have been getting married for as long as marriage has been around. For Christians to come in and take "ownership" of marriage is irresponsible and hypocritical.

Again, the church speaking out on homosexuality is about as hypocritical as it gets. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but when you try to stop someone from doing it when it literally has no effect on your personal life at all, that's just evil.

If God created mankind and homosexuals were included as His creation, who could question that he made a mistake? Sounds like someone's not a true Christian.

I may not be homosexual, but I don't have a problem with someone being homosexual. The only reason that I can see homosexual marriage having an effect on the general population is if they were so good at it and happy, it'd make the loveless marriages of some straight people stick out like a sore thumb.

The truth hurts sometimes I suppose.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

agree there...the same religious organisation that has instigated countless wars as with most religion, religious wars are THE no 1 threat to humanity I would say !

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

That is one of the responsibilities of having a public opinion. You get to take the criticism as well. The history of marriage pre-dates Christianity and even religion. Gay folks have been getting married for as long as marriage has been around. For Christians to come in and take "ownership" of marriage is irresponsible and hypocritical.

Again, the church speaking out on homosexuality is about as hypocritical as it gets. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but when you try to stop someone from doing it when it literally has no effect on your personal life at all, that's just evil.

If God created mankind and homosexuals were included as His creation, who could question that he made a mistake? Sounds like someone's not a true Christian.

I may not be homosexual, but I don't have a problem with someone being homosexual. The only reason that I can see homosexual marriage having an effect on the general population is if they were so good at it and happy, it'd make the loveless marriages of some straight people stick out like a sore thumb.

The truth hurts sometimes I suppose.

First off, God doesnt make mistakes. Hes perfect, omnipotent, omnipresent, whatever. So thats the first thing. Secondly, i have no problem with homosexuals, i have no problems with two gay people having unions. Thats their choice, not mine, they can do whatever they want. But you cant call it marriage. You tell me gay people have been getting married forever, can you tell me a case of that in 1000 b.c? Were you there? Calling my beliefs evil is just ridiculous, because I can say just the same about yours.. And finally, i have no problem with criticism, i have problems with hypocrites.

Oh and can you tell me how the church speaking against homosexuality is hypocritical? Im not catholic, so Im not a fan of the catholic church, but thats ridiculous saying that.
P.S-To the person who called me ignorant because of my beliefs*, thank you for proving my point

edit on 11-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by isaac7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying (white crow in human world??), but I will say that there is homosexuality in the animal world. Surprisingly enough, these animals are not kicked out of the herd, nor or they attacked, killed or eaten by the other animals in their herd. They are allowed to live in peace. Maybe we could learn something from the animal world, no?
Children need an environment where they feel loved and safe, period. It matters not what their parents do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Some heterosexuals have some pretty far out sex fetishes, but as long as they keep it to themselves, how does that harm the children?

Ok here I've gotta say you've got a point with animals not kicking out homosexual animals. Monkeys have more complicated hierarchy then ants and you will agree mankind has even more complex system to keep society working.
Again, if you are calling nature then consider this:
animals stealing all the time
animals eating their children occasionally
animals doing many other funny things...
propably dying without chance of eternal life
Isn't human more than animal? Do we really wanna give up what makes us higher beings (spirit, wisdom, ethic,, faith, hope of eternal life, whatever)?
End of reply.

When others say some kind of religion argument why do you feel it as hate?
Can't you see that love behind? Why would they (we
) do that? It's more warning than judgement.
Imagine such person thinking more like "Oh, my brother is gonna die because he lives in a sin. What can I say to save him?"
Wouldn't you even invented an idea of hell (while you know it is just "second death") to use fear to save that brother if it could help?
And sometimes it is necessary to be uncharitable when it comes to possible influence of someone's thoughts and deeds on other people, especially children. Christians aren't supposed to be violent so what else is left? They just speak more strictly sometimes.
edit on 11/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar, grammar, grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Exactly my view, the word marriage, a sectarian word should be removed from law and replaced with a non- sectarian word/phase such as 'civil union'.

With all equal rights, any reference to gender removed from law too.

Marriage by history and tradition has been defined between a man and a woman and should be able to be seen under the law as a civil union.

People should then also adopt the view of getting "unioned" rather than married if they are not religious... this point seems to get left out most of the time too.

i.e. if you’re not religious don’t perform a the religious ceremony of marriage, but the non- sectarian civil union.

The law has be non-sectarian and gender indifferent imo.

-DB

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join