It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
It is the noise made by the Langoliers. Stephen King knew it all this time, but everyone thought of it as a SF story. They are here already. Check our horizons.
ha ha I watched that movie not too long ago,and it does sound similar.Am I the only one who hasn't heard it yet?..oh im southern east coast.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I live in northwest Georgia i was outside by the fire listening to that noise for four hours. My dogs who normally bark the whole time im outside wouldnt make a sound it was really odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Weird, Ok, Im just now putting the puzzle together, as to why I woke up early, and was kept up, and the loud boom we all heard at work. I live In Akansas, and last night was just a very hard night for me, Its kinda wierd, because the OP says he or she went outside around 4, that is the exact time I was awoken to something, I cannot say I heard anything, but both my dogs were up checking things out, Which is very unusual for them. I have always been a good sleeper, with very little, of those wake ups in the night, I know when I was driving to work, I saw a few flashes coming from the sky, and dismissed it as lightning, probably was, but never heard the thunder, and this lighting was right on top of me, then at around 6 this morning, We heard a loud noise coming from what we thought was outside, and our crate building guy moving pallets around, but it wasnt him. HELL he wasnt even at work yet. It was a deep boom, kinda sound, but very loud, and we all stopped what we were doing. some said thunder, some said the crate guy, I just kinda stored it away as strange. This is just crazy. because all of us at work heard some weird noises. Now that im reading all of these threads on this, its all starting to piece together, just like a puzzle

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GodChaser

I'm hearing it off and on now....my windows rattling some too (no wind right now)....I'm trying to catch it and record it. It's distant. Are you above or below Alexandria? If you have a recording device, help me try to catch it ok?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
These sounds for some reason remind me of an episode from unsolved mysteries in 1989ish. People were hearing a high pitched hum, but not everybody, just select people for some reason. When did haarp start? For some reason, I have always wanted to mentally connect these two events. Anybody else remember the episode?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How about this? Does anyone seem to be feeling any physical effects from this? Headaches, etc? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My windows are rattling again and I'm going outside to see if I can record anything. Be back soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I know this vid has been around for a while, and I will say I am truly curious about the sky sounds and all, but I keep coming back to something like this:

This was listed as being in Mississippi, which isn't all that far (relatively) from where the OP had heard this. Just a thought, not an answer or a debunk......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you just do a search on ATS with the keyword being rumbling there are many existing threads. Many more under different names like weird or strange sound, hum, and loud. I'm kind if surprised at all these accounts and that it isnt a more serious topic. This subject could probably have its own section in the forums with so much existing data. It appears there was a big wave of 'sightings' or hearings back in March 2011.

I found this article pretty interesting,

Seeing the cause of the rumbling

This person claims they saw clouds bend around a shape, suggesting cloaking, although they have no hard evidence of this which is disappointing.

Also I am curious about that hidden message post with children being able to hear something. Sounds like a load of crap but I'm wondering if anyone has tested that yet? After all, it is something that could actually be proved or disproved rather easily.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Still confused by the noises here in Oklahoma. Its like a huge plane over my house... only it stays there for many minutes.

I seem to hear it mostly on totally overcast days. I don't recall ever hearing it when the sky was visible.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

The whole time I heard it last night I was extremely nauseated and I would get really hot while it pulsated. My 15 year old son complained it hurt his ears and came into my room 3 different times last night and the last time he was in tears and asked for medicine to see if it helped and said he felt like his ears were "leaking" something.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This my recording..starts at .11 sec and at .21 seconds there was a swoosh across the sky. It started with a very loud boom almost like thunder..it was so loud it shook the house. Which got me out of bed. I ran to get the flip video and open the window in the office so I could hear/see what was going on. I really was disappointed with some of the comments that said it was a train unhooking or hooking up. I live one block from a SINGLE track there are no other tracks for the train to do this..not to mention a train went by at regular speed about 10min after this started and then the noise continued about 30 min after the train was CLEARLY GONE..so what's up? There were several swooshing sounds which unfortunately wasn't captured that well on my flip. It was almost like this huge metal frisbee was being thrown across the sky the sound traveled very clearly from south to north in direction...Like others said...I couldn't see jack squat because it was very low dense cloud cover..

Another quick note: people felt the initial shaking up to 4 miles away.
Turn speakers up full to hear mine--

OTHER videos with similar sounds..

Listen at 7:50

Listen at 8:41

edit on 10-1-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Got some video! It isn't as loud as the one in December, but you can hear it.....I even got my brother to drive around to see if there was anything going on....nothing. There was no wind, as the video will show, and no thunder, although it is cloudy (just to note, we have heard this on clear days as well) The video has has the rumbling/rattling vibration, and shows flocks of birds hauling butt, as well as the dogs in the area freaking out.....just to show they hear/feel this too. Be back as soon as it uploads.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

Hey Stinger: On the Central Texas pin, you mistyped and put 2011 instead of 2012. But everything else is correct

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

the motherships are active...who knows what they're doing...but they're doing it...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
Hello All

There were posts about the sky noise and some contained a message that only kids can hear. The ages range from 3-10 years old. I was skeptical at first so I tried by playing the sounds to a 3 year old.

I didn't discuss it with her about what was said before hand. She said that the sound said, hello, hello, hello...get underground, get underground, get underground and sorry we can't help you, sorry we can't help you, and sorry we can't help you.

This message was heard by other kids in different areas and different countries.

I think the tread that I posted on was called "Conversations with a 6 year old".

Has anyone else checked this claim out for the audio/frequency range that only kids can hear??

As silly as some might think it sounds, I'd note there are numerous news stories about using this quirk in audio ranges for a noise that actually repels teenagers but adults aren't supposed to be able to hear at all. A mall back east is/was using it a few years ago. So, I do wonder if this might be possible... Anyone else have a young child that can try?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Taos Hum is mostly heard by people in their 50's & 60's. Interesting how
some freqs are picked up buy certain age groups.
edit on 10-1-2012 by don rumsfeld because: I hit enter too soon!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have a 3 year old right here...and a 6 year old--give me the video and I will give it a shot.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am in California, and have heard the rumblings on many occasions, it usually sounds like a jet but like its just parked overhead, not moving, for 20min to an hour. I thought maybe it was "ducting" phenomenon, but now not so sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Am i being redundant referring to Dark4nite and the predictions given?
What strange sounds, of which not all are alike.
From high pitched chirping to a deep bass rumble that can be felt as well as heard.....
From Alabama to Albania.....Sweden to Sri Lanka....
This is a world wide scale problem and needs wolrd wide answers.
At seven fifty in one of the above 14 min flics, a peculiar triangle apears to be flying overhead with changing coloured lights at its tips.....The video may be debunkable, but it is pretty neat.....
Does the phenomina illustrate the different drive capability of differing technologies visiting is?
Are the offworld people now under contract to the world goverment(read UN)to scrub the atmosphere of nuclear hazards and neitralise the fukishima disasters consequences?
Stanley Fullham (challenges of Change) has reiterated such an arrangement in his book.....As well as prophecying some near term happenings more or less correctly......
His forecast for open contact with offworld entities ir public knowledge.....is for 2013/2014 period....
Perhaps the timetable has been accellerated due to fukishima?
It is very easy to imagine a vast starship hovering above one when hearing the recorded sounds that have been posted.
Or even some open interdimensional portal (star gate) or what have you operating.
If these sounds were of a natural origin, i ask you....
Wouldnt history have some record?
Science some quasi scientific mumbo jumbo to explain it?
Religion telling us the Gods are angry?
Non of these things seem to have occurred duie to sky noise that sounds like a 747 hovering overhead for hours....
that i am aware of.....
Soooo the taos hum or such must be the first to date.....Is anyone aware of any other fortean noises in the past of similar or any description?
If so it may be well to document the progression of such reports....
removes earphones, scratches head.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join