It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights over german air base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
"What in the world is that?" was what I thought as a gazed up at the night sky on Jan. 2.
I stepped out of my house to walk my dogs at about 9 p.m. and instinctively looked up at the sky (I am a weather forecaster).

I saw a row of seven lights directly overhead, which glowed bright white, even brighter than the surrounding constellations. Initially, I thought it was a rare space event or perhaps the planets were aligned creating an interesting pattern of lights.
This reminded me of a Bible scripture from Revelation 2:1 - To the angel of the church in Ephesus write : These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lamp stands.

I've been a weather forecaster for 14 years and have been stationed in Germany for almost four years. I have been looking at the sky everyday during that time - having said that, I have never seen anything as intriguing as this. Command post said they received several calls, but had no determination of what it could be. Base air traffic control also said nothing was indicated on their radar either.

Another idea was it could be reflections of the seven runway lights, however the clouds were at 20,000 feet that night - too high to reflect our runway lights so sharply. Lights become diffused even when the clouds are below 3,000 feet.

Furthermore, when the clouds became thicker, the lights faded and briefly disappeared. This indicated to me that it was from above the cloud layer. Later, they reappeared and became elongated, looking more like lines than dots. They remained stationary all night, however faded and reappeared as the clouds moved through.

Also as this was occurring, there was a communication outage or degradation. My cordless phone and Internet (along with others in my building) quit working and seemed to get worse as the lights got brighter - strange.

The space weather page indicated aurora borealis activity, however I have seen aurora borealis activity before - and what I saw was not that.

It's still a mystery.

Attempts to contact the Staff Sgt. to obtain uncropped, high-quality images of the photos he had taken, proved unsuccessful.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Strange....

No camera phone?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Come on mate , this type of reply has been deemed as a breach of the TAC here.

OP thanks for sharing what you saw

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ummmm.......

You might want to site your sources caused the way you presented your op is misleading/confusing....

www.kaiserslauternamerican.com...

1 total Article images U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Burke

Strange lights shine over Ramstein Staff Sgt. Shawn Burke 86th Operations Support Squadron “What in the world is that?” was what I thought as a gazed up at the night sky Jan. 22. I stepped out of my house to walk my dogs at about 9 p.m. and instinctively looked up at the sky (I am a weather forecaster). I saw a row of seven lights directly overhead, which glowed bright white, even brighter than the surrounding constellations. Initially, I thought it was a rare space event or perhaps the planets were aligned creating an interesting pattern of lights. This reminded me of a Bible scripture from Revelation 2:1 – To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lamp stands. I’ve been a weather forecaster for 14 years and have been stationed at Ramstein for almost four years. I have been looking at the sky everyday during that time – having said that, I have never seen anything as intriguing as this. Command post said they received several calls, but had no determination of what it could be. Ramstein air traffic control also said nothing was indicated on their radar either. Another idea was it could be reflections of the seven runway lights, however the clouds were at 20,000 feet that night – too high to reflect our runway lights so sharply. Lights become diffused even when the clouds are below 3,000 feet. Furthermore, when the clouds became thicker, the lights faded and briefly disappeared. This indicated to me that it was from above the cloud layer. Later, they reappeared and became elongated, looking more like lines than dots. This is when I took the photographs. They remained stationary all night, however faded and reappeared as the clouds moved through. Also as this was occurring, there was a communication outage or degradation. My cordless phone and Internet (along with others in my building) quit working and seemed to get worse as the lights got brighter – strange. The space weather page indicated aurora borealis activity, however I have seen aurora borealis activity before – and what I saw was not that. It’s still a mystery. Published February 6, 2004

That article was published in the kaiserslauternAmerican newspaper years ago when I was in Germany, I remember seeing those lights, so did everyone else at my house that night. I will never forget it.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Mijamija because: Sleep deprivation ; )

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Brilliant!
I'm in Landstuhl and didn't notice anything on the 2nd.
Good catch!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Someone-has-some-explaining-to-do...A-missing-2-in-the-date
nice-detective-work-Mijamija
edit on 10-1-2012 by 12voltz because: of-the-missing-space-key

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Awwww.....I miss landstuhl, especially the little Irish pub tucked away at the bottom of the hill. Good times! I hope you enjoy your time there beezzer. Yeah, that is an old story, but the way the op wrote it was confusing, maybe he did not know how to link or quote???

When you get a chance go to the old bunker in kindsbach on the side of the hill......pretty interesting stories about that place as well!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade but I knew I had read that before and I was there when it happened....anyone who was stationed in that area knew about that event, it was really weird. The military never explained it as far as I remember and it was swept under the rug like so many unusual events. Most people seemed to think that it had something to do with aircraft at the air base and honestly that could be a perfectly logical explanation.....but It spooked the whole community.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Big Emmas is my sons favorite place.

And I lived in that Irish pub the first month here.
(then my wife showed up)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know big Emma's....I left in 2006. I can't even remember the name of the Irish pub, but it's the one tucked away in the courtyard downtown. I heard they took over the old kneippe on the opposite corner and are using that building now. love that pub too, and the "new York"doner shop. I'd kill for a real doner, enjoy it while you got it!

top topics

join