It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? False.We are actually living in the year 2000

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Spell it out real simple for us uneducated folk ?

Apparently 99% of us don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Well, we understand it, and have disproven it, but you're still pushing the agenda.

Could you please provide evidence or your thought process which has lead you to this conclusion, so we can try and see if we might have missed something along the way ?

I understand that you're highly invested in this theory, but for me, the 2nd post in this thread has completely hamstrung your theory. If you have more information which would help us to see your perspective on this, please post it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The second post in the thread solved that anomaly. Octotom said leap year.
No more missing days.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wish it was the year 2000!

We could stop Bush from being elected and prevent 911.
I think I like this theory!

Maybe we could also stop the evil "Bieber" from coming to power!

ETA - Since Y2K has now passed twice, can I finally plug my blender back in without fear of being murdered in my sleep? I really miss my smoothies!

edit on 9-1-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seriously this has six pages? Why are we arguing with the troll? Didn't the internet teach us anything, we do not feed the trolls. So there is nothing to see here move along and the troll will slide back under the bridge.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Our calendar like everything else has been edited and changed so much over the years in way we can only guess at that we will never know for sure. Even our history has been edited and changed. We can only make a guess as to such things going by what little we think we know. History is a guessing game where the rules keep changing and parts are missing. The farther back you go the more pointless it is to go any farther. The more you go back the higher the error factor. When you reach an error factor of 100% which really does not take that long to do it is anyone's own guess. This holds true with our calendar and everything else for that matter.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This thread is the funniest ever. I can't believe the incredibly bad thinking, bad math, and lack of understanding. I volunteer in a 3rd grade math class. The 8 year olds would never make the horrendous mistakes made in the OP. The 8 year olds have a better understanding of astronomy.

This has to be to moved to a humor forum. Too funny!

This reminds me of the old Abbot and Costello math skit.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

nineix,if I'm wrong then,that must be proved,you can either proof I'm right nor wrong as long you have neither proof of each.

I love your hypocritical double standard. Quite a few people have asked you for further explanations or substantial proof. You scoff at the requests and say that it cannot be fully explained and similar nonsense like that. BUT, when someone tells you you are wrong you demand proof and state that if it can't be proven wrong...you are not wrong.

Intellectual dishonesty such as what I have witnessed from you makes all of your claims in this thread suspect. If you had tried to answer questions asked of you without subterfuge or dismissal I would have a different opinion but that is all I see from you. Seriously, you are merely promoting your twisted version of how you want the world to end and coating it with this theory you presented.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What the OP does not seem to understand is that 2011 events that happen once a year have gone by since a given starting point. Not what the OP claims, 2011. This year we will count through 1 more to make it 2012.

There have been 2011 spring equinoxes.
There have been 2011 fall equinoxes.
There have been 2011 summer solstices.
There have been 2011 winter solstices.

That is what is being counted, not days.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The year 2012 didn't even exist to the Mayans, their year 0 wasn't the birth of Christ, lol.

I read somewhere to do with something similar about how all the star signs we have like Aries, Leo etc are all on different dates now because as time has gone on, the dates have moved along with the star signs.
Here it is
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
DiamondSmith nothing against you but this posting is absolute rubbish. I've seen you post things like this in the past and haven't commented on it but this absolutely takes the cake. You're "facts" are unfounded and cannot be proven.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It looks like they are softening up on that 2012 prediction, this is what always happens with these doom and gloom prophecies. The closer we get to the date, the more people start to look for a way out to explain why their predictions were false from the start.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't know if my post helps much, but i want to tell you that i know currently the date in ethiopia is December,2004. 8 years backward

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

how does fractal geometry apply to measuring dates? this thread makes no sense...

a "harmonic Tree" is a term from fractal geometry.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I had to post this...
edit on 10-1-2012 by DecaM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

this guy ^ is pretty much right, this is silly guys lol
he did use math on the first or second page, and I don't see how its wrong.

building on that, if after 2000 years we've lost approx 16 days, would we not after 365 lost days, in fact be losing an entire year? is that too far of a leap? because that's how that sounds to me, (at least by the standards of this calander anyway)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
All of you guys are wrong... except for he op, of course.

OP, I understand perfectly your well explained calculations and theory. The rest of the members fail to see the big picture because they have been conditioned to be that way.

We are in the year 2000, not in the year 2012 as they want us to believe. I, also, read in the bible where it says that the year 2000 will not come nor pass. Of course, it doesn't say the year 2000 literally. One has to have an open mind to know how to interpret it and see it for what it was meant to be. It is right there in the bible... right there!

OP, can you tell us, or at least me, since I'm the only one, besides you, who understands this truth, what we need to do in order to prepare ourselves for what's coming?

If anyone asks me to explain what the OP has been explaining from the beginning, I am very sorry. You are going to have to go back to the beginning of the thread and re-read the OP explanation again. Of course, if you don't have an open mind, you would not be able to see the truth. You must first except what you are reading as true in order to see the truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by nineix

you are wrong
nineix,if I'm wrong then,that must be proved,you can either proof I'm right nor wrong as long you have neither proof of each.

Why must anyone prove you wrong, when you have yet to prove anything yourself?
But, I noticed that this guy already proved you wrong.

Only one way to settle this guys, with math.

So according to the article in the OP, one year is 365.2422 days. After accounting for the leap years which happens every fourth year (which means 0.25 days is accounted for each year) there is still a discrepancy of 0.0078 days unaccounted for, each year. This equals 0,1872 hours, or 11.232 minutes each year.

This is nowhere near the op claim of 2.19 days each years.

Now it is an easy matter to calculate the rest.

Over 2000 years this becomes 22464 minutes, or 374.4 hours, which equals 15.6 days total that we have not accounted for in these 2000 years.

I am not sure if you, Diamondsmith, have been reading the numbers upside down, or how you came to your conclusion of us being in the year 2000. Either way, you are mistaken buddy.
Also have failed to find any information about the phrase "the years 2000 will not come nor pass" on the internet except for in this thread. So I am having a hard time believing that those words are in the bible. If I am mistaken, please direct me to a place where I might find it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
2012 and the crackpots have started to burst at the seams weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

this is a pointless thread with no facts and all opinion and that opinion is nothing short of gibberish. way to waste my time pal. Has anybody noticed the OP has a history nonsensical threads??? do a little digging and the truth shall set you free.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
When I was 17 years old I read a book. According to that the current year is 1984.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by woogleuk

What does it matter?
Hard to explain to you...very hard,believe me.But in the Bible is written very clear,
" year 2000 not will come nor will pass"

The bible is BS !!! a book of mainly fairy tales FACT!

The other thing to remember a day is 23hrs 56mins approx its not exactly 24 hours!!!
edit on 10-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join