It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012? False.We are actually living in the year 2000

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We are in year 2012 according to the Gregorian calendar, period.
Converting to other calendars:
www.fourmilab.ch...

"heightened state of mental awareness ?"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Diamondsmith, you are making no sense whatsoever, and I shall take my leave here [page 5].

1. If someone asks to see your mathematics to the claims you shout, then; DO IT. [before page 2]
2. Beating around the bush isn't making your case stronger.
3. Saying we won't understand, is a cheap way to keep your THEORY alive.
4. Broken quotes isn't helping you get your theory across.

Yeah .. Good luck with this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I believe your over analyzing is making something simple very complex and incorrct.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
like R. Kelly said "age ain't nothing but a number".....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This was one of the most frustrating threads I've ever read.

If people ask you for clarification, please don't just refer to the post that they are asking for clarification of.

After reading pages of posts, AND the original, I do not understand the math behind this idea of being in the year 2000. After people check the math, they are coming up with different answers....and we are receiving no further elaboration.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
While the conversation around the date is mildly interesting, it has nothing to do with the fact that there is not a shred of proof that "something" is going to happen in 2012, no matter when that precisely is. The Mayans were not in possession of any "secret knowledge," and our calendars and hours created for our convenience mean nothing to the planet at large.

So while all the math and specifics of the calendar system is kind of fun to pursue for academic reasons, it really doesn't mean a whole lot.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry OP but I can't see where you are getting your figures from. Like another poster said if that was going on then sometime over the last 2000 years summer would have been winter and winter would have been summer. Our calender is governed by the earths orbit around the sun. Would you be able to show how you got these figures or copy it all into one post so we can see where you are coming from?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob
I'm sorry OP but I can't see where you are getting your figures from. Like another poster said if that was going on then sometime over the last 2000 years summer would have been winter and winter would have been summer. Our calender is governed by the earths orbit around the sun. Would you be able to show how you got these figures or copy it all into one post so we can see where you are coming from?

he [OP] has no proof or it would be here for all to see , i for one see this matter as closed until further evidence is offered .evidence that many have called for with no rebuttal of any merit put forth by the OP

i say this to you [OP] sir put up or shut up

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok, i´ve been following this thread for a couple days now, and still the question remains;
where in the bible does it mention ANYTHING about the year 2000?
Still waiting for some links to clarify that, but for now i am inclined to believe
that the OP diamond-what-ever is pulling this stuff out of his/hers *ss.
Move on people, there are more important topics to discuss.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Curious, how 99% of the posts are full of self-confirming evidence accumulated through 'authority' outside oneself. After all, where does our knowledge come from? Parents, schools, siblings, peers, friends, masters, gurus, you name the lot? Nurture or nature, indeed.

What if everything you have ever learned and have been conditioned into believing, is not true? Evidence is seen through the eye of the beholder. What if, indeed, it would be the year 2000, and most everyone was fooled into believing otherwise? Could that be possible, regardless of it beibng 'true' or not? How many people believed the world was flat, not all too long ago. And who knows, it still is, it's just that we have decided otherwise, based on hearsay. Anyone ever ask themselves why that idea was changed? Or, why anything was ever changed?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is a funny thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
ok
OPs, the bible states that the world will continue on until 10k years after christs initial visit, then he will return.
Also, please understand this quote that supports the world will actually end in the year 10,000.

Heat the oil in a brothpot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes.

Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. If there are any pads of yellow fat in the tail area, do not remove them. Add the chicken to the pot and pour in the broth. Add enough cold water to cover the ingredients by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, skimming off the foam that rises to the surface. Add the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf.

Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is very tender, about 2 hours.

I have therefore proven, based on the exact same logic you have been using, that the world will indeed end in the year 10k. meaning, we are fine for another almost 8000 years.

If you want, I can post more proof (aka, chicken soup recipe), and keep demanding that proves what I claim without explaining why.

Anyhow, enjoy..the end of the world tastes like chicken.

____
Point: Your quotes pretty much do not relate to your claims, yet you keep claiming you provided the proof.or truth. No, you provided chicken soup recipes as I did (so to speak)..and you don't even address how the absolutely unrelated things somehow add up to your claims...you just give one line answers that are sort of both demanding your unfounded concept = truth..and also you are hinting that reality (material,physical,etc) isn't a factor here.

aka, you need a therapist and perhaps some meds...yes, nice..your fictional world living in your mind will end and in your tiny reality, the year is 2000...sure, fine..how does your imagination and fantasy effect the rest of us though? it doesn't..because we..us..all of us here are in reality/physical/material...so, why are you posting this if it only effects your imagination?

You remind me of a character from a video game. Daedric lord, Sheogorath

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik
Curious, how 99% of the posts are full of self-confirming evidence accumulated through 'authority' outside oneself. After all, where does our knowledge come from? Parents, schools, siblings, peers, friends, masters, gurus, you name the lot? Nurture or nature, indeed.

What if everything you have ever learned and have been conditioned into believing, is not true? Evidence is seen through the eye of the beholder. What if, indeed, it would be the year 2000, and most everyone was fooled into believing otherwise? Could that be possible, regardless of it beibng 'true' or not? How many people believed the world was flat, not all too long ago. And who knows, it still is, it's just that we have decided otherwise, based on hearsay. Anyone ever ask themselves why that idea was changed? Or, why anything was ever changed?

Thats philosophy. he is suggesting a verifiable scientific fact. a objective truth based in math.

What if everything you have ever learned and..etc...what if we are all bumblebee's high on some funky honey. lets leave the what if's to a philosophical forum (there is indeed a forum for philosophy on ATS. have at it..then suggest we are all simply figments of your imagination.)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

oh sh!t, i've been looking for a person like you!

can you tell me more about the mayans?
or what it was like to live with them?
what were their daily manners like?
how long did you live with them?
what did you see that meant they had no "ancient" secrets?

i've been interested in them for a while now and i've always wanted to ask some questions to someone who knows first hand what they did, were like, and what they knew!

you must have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, or else you're just ASSUMING.

assumptions are only made by the ego.

we all live in a subjective reality,
but people acting through their egos still think they "know" the unknowable.

that makes me laugh every time

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you for your wisdom and clarification.
However, please do not tell me where I can or cannot post, what I can and cannot say, when, where, how, or any of the sort. I believe we are past that childish state of mind, and should rather focus on common ground.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you for your wisdom and clarification.
However, please do not tell me where I can or cannot post, what I can and cannot say, when, where, how, or any of the sort. I believe we are past that childish state of mind, and should rather focus on common ground.

You can think that
Was just giving you some helpful advice so your posts aren't removed as off topic actually...I personally cannot tell you when, where, how, etc to post...but mods can, and they tend to zap off topic stuff.

your post I was replying to wasn't off topic mind you, but the intent behind it is. if someone is claiming something to be verifiable via science, and fails to explain how, you can't come in and say it doesn't matter because the world is a turnip or whatever you are thinking..that is removing the context of the discussion going on.

Common ground is a good thing to stick to..and the common ground in this thread on this particular forum subject is based in an accepted observed reality.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I thought that too. It might be that both of us are crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The year is 39, my age

It's all relative. Make it relative to whatever it is you like

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think diamondsmith is a little off on his math and logic, you can tell by his other posts. Last time i checked my phone it said 2012. I trust my phone.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There is some buzz from scientists in Russia that Pope Gregory based the Gregorian calendar on Mayan codices recovered from expeditions to the Americas. He may have back engineered them to fit the Christ story. That would explain the “dark ages”…

The years 2000 and 2012 are arbitrary as represented and have little bearing on cyclical time, only on linear based calendars engineered on the Gregorian/Christ paradigm.

I do think TPTB are using them for a purpose, though...
edit on 10-1-2012 by PapaKrok because: spelling

edit on 10-1-2012 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join