It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons the King James Bible is Superior to the "Originals"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Alrighty.....its been a day or so now and no comments have been made about how the KJV book format shows Israel''s restoration? No comment of Jer 36 either? The most talked about point is the "dead language" comment

I read Jeremiah 36. It does not even imply that God doesn't care about original scriptures. Rather it says much the opposite. Here is the abridged version that I pieced together from the archaic and difficult to read King James Version you so adore:

1. And it came to pass in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that this word came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,

2. Take thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken unto thee against Israel, and against Judah, and against all the nations, from the day I spake unto thee, from the days of Josiah, even unto this day.

23. And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.

30. Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.

So if it is your intention to cast the original texts on the hearth, be prepared to have your corpse cast out by your beloved God.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Yes, where can I get a Croatian version of the KJV?

There may be one! I( have no idea though as I am not Croatian. With any case though the foreign language Bible would be translated from the Received Text into the different language.
edit on 10-1-2012 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I read Jeremiah 36. It does not even imply that God doesn't care about original scriptures. Rather it says much the opposite.

I am afraid you are reading 6th grade English incorrectly. Now go back and read Jer 36 again, WITHOUT a critical eye.

Answer me this, if God cared about the original parchment that His words were wrote on......then why did He allow the King to burn them? Not only that, but why are ALL the originals completely destroyed or at the very least, only available in tiny scraps and little pieces? Remember God promised to preserve His words right? (Ps 12:7) So where are they.......that's the big question you guys are afraid to answer

The point that you and everyone else doesn't seem to understand either out of willful ignorance or God Himself blinding you in order to better condemn you later is................

God does not PRESERVE His originals...or the LANGUAGE the words were written in......
God only preserves one thing....The WORDS themselves. And He doesn't need any originals at all in order to dictate them to someone to translate into ANY language. Why? Because God has a perfect COPY of all His WORDS in Heaven:

PSALM 119:89
"For ever, O LORD, THY WORD is settled in HEAVEN."

I understand this is WAY over the head of non Christians, but I don't care about you guys in this thread. This thread is to show Christians WHERE God promised to PRESERVE His words.

They are found in the Authorized Version of the Holy Bible. And I dare any Christian to prove me wrong. You can't. At least not with other english perversions of the bible

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Glass

I read Jeremiah 36. It does not even imply that God doesn't care about original scriptures. Rather it says much the opposite.

I understand this is WAY over the head of non Christians, but I don't care about you guys in this thread.

How VERY Christian of you.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
faceoff85:
"We are not discussing interpretations of scripture here even though your "theory" on the whole trinity thing is based on something without any biblical backing whatsoever (the word trinity or anything suggesting that is nowhere to be found in the bible)."

Laz:
I have read the JW "theory" on the "whole trinity thing" and I find it deceptive. I find it clear that there is God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal but yet separate. You prefer to see God as a simple Unity, but I see Him as multi-layered and multi-dimensional. It is hard to get our limited human minds around this, and the JW's can not, so they throw the baby out with the bath water. In fact, and you can look it up for yourself - the Book of Revelation states that that there are seven Spirits of God. Seven Spirits + God the Father + Jesus = nine Members of the Godhead, or a Trinity of Trinities. Get your unitarian mind around that!

faceoff85:
"The translation of the tetagramaton of YHWH into Jehovah, comes into existence after adding vowels to a language wich didn't use vowels."

Laz:
Ah, but which vowels? The insertion of the vowels from Adonai or Elohim may be easy, but my own research tells me that no one today, save God Himself, knows how His Name was, or should be, pronounced. As for a "language which didn't use vowels," well of course they did! Spoken, not written. For that matter, this really is not a big problem when we see the tetragrammaton properly. If we use the phonetic clues, we have a name which can not by said by voice. If we insert the numerical values of the letters, we have a number of interest only to Bible Code devotees (me, for instance). However, if we insert the very ancient pictographic meanings of the letters, we have "BEHOLD THE NAIL, BEHOLD THE HAND." Guess who?! Yes Jesus really is God, the God of the Old Testament and the New. "Jehovah" is a red herring by comparison.

You are correct about the title vs name thing - good call!

However, we no longer need Lord, Yahweh, Elohim, Adomai or Jehovah - I believe the name of Jesus satisfies all the requirements as to calling on the Name of the Lord.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Double post, my bad.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Glass

I am afraid you are reading 6th grade English incorrectly. Now go back and read Jer 36 again, WITHOUT a critical eye.

Nice condescending attitude. I'm sure God looks upon that with great favor...oh wait...

Romans 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

I do not need, nor have time, to read it again. I took the meaning behind the chapter on the first reading, and it is clearly not the same meaning that you are attempting to impose upon it to suit your own agenda.

Answer me this, if God cared about the original parchment that His words were wrote on......then why did He allow the King to burn them? Not only that, but why are ALL the originals completely destroyed or at the very least, only available in tiny scraps and little pieces? Remember God promised to preserve His words right? (Ps 12:7) So where are they.......that's the big question you guys are afraid to answer

God allows a lot of things to happen which, logically speaking, a truly benevolent and omnipotent being should not allow. For example, he allows men to twist his words to further the cause of hate and discrimination rather than using them for their original purposes of moral education. He allowed Eve to be decieved by the serpent and allowed Eve to unwittingly decieve Adam. He allows countless people to die and condemns them for the choices they made in life, all of which were thrust upon them by the simple act of eating fruit so long ago.
A single action prevented by an omnipotent God could have prevented all of this. That is why I cannot believe your book, it simply doesn't make sense.

The point that you and everyone else doesn't seem to understand either out of willful ignorance or God Himself blinding you in order to better condemn you later is................

Yes, of course, God purposefully blinds his creations which he supposedly loves with all his heart, then casts them in a lake of fire. The God you worship sounds rather more sadistic than benevolent.

God does not PRESERVE His originals...or the LANGUAGE the words were written in......
God only preserves one thing....The WORDS themselves. And He doesn't need any originals at all in order to dictate them to someone to translate into ANY language. Why? Because God has a perfect COPY of all His WORDS in Heaven:

PSALM 119:89
"For ever, O LORD, THY WORD is settled in HEAVEN."

God may have the perfect copy in his head, but whenever spoken to mortals it becomes flawed. The individual who writes His word imposes his own values upon it. The individual who reads His word takes from it only what matters to him. The perfect message that God may be trying to send is incommunicable through humans, there is too much corruption occuring in our communication process.

I understand this is WAY over the head of non Christians, but I don't care about you guys in this thread. This thread is to show Christians WHERE God promised to PRESERVE His words.

They are found in the Authorized Version of the Holy Bible. And I dare any Christian to prove me wrong. You can't. At least not with other english perversions of the bible

Oh, so you don't care about us? How very un-christian. Here's a quote from my favorite biblical character, Jesus

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? (Matthew 5:43-47 )

There is a difference between something being "way over [my] head" and being a crock of bull. Your assertion that the KJV is somehow the perfect manifestation of God's word is the latter.

You admit that other English versions are "perversions", so what makes your favorite the correct version? The fact that it is written in old english? Please. I suggest you humble yourself if you truly want to please your God.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Sooooo you openly claim not to be a Christian, yet you are trying to instruct me on how to BE a Christian? Do you even realize how hypocritical and foolish that sounds?

By the way, you never answered my questions posed to you. You just ignored them and squirmed your way around them without addressing them. But I understand why you did that, you don't understand the Bible nor the mind of God seeing as you posted how God is all loving and how I should be too.

That my poor lost friend, is the exact message of the coming anti-christ and will be the catalyst for total destruction of the lost sinners during the tribulation. (Dan 8:25 11:21 WHICH READ)

It is sad watching people fall for this lie, but I have accepted it. God will have His way and will....which is vengeance on those who reject His Son, Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 2:13-15
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Glass

Sooooo you openly claim not to be a Christian, yet you are trying to instruct me on how to BE a Christian? Do you even realize how hypocritical and foolish that sounds?

I don't need to be a Christian to know what is expected of them, and to know that you are doing it wrong. You show the behavior of those who would use the bible to elevate themselves above non-believers. You are filled with arrogant pride and make little or no attempt to restrain it. Your faith serves only to inflate your ego.

By the way, you never answered my questions posed to you. You just ignored them and squirmed your way around them without addressing them. But I understand why you did that, you don't understand the Bible nor the mind of God seeing as you posted how God is all loving and how I should be too.

Clearly, you are ignoring the content of my answers. And you are assuming that because I do not label myself a Christian that I cannot understand the bible's message. But I do understand, on an entirely different level of understanding that a mind rooted to the bible seldom achieves. The bible is but a single piece of the puzzle, you will not find all your answers there.

I know I'm wasting my time here, so rejoice in the knowlege that you will not see another post from me in this thread. You have your beliefs, and I have mine, and all of us are blinded by the veil of uncertainty.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Fair enough. You can believe what ever you want to believe bud. You have that right from God. Which can be a double edged sword.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

If we insert the numerical values of the letters, we have a number of interest only to Bible Code devotees (me, for instance).

That number wouldn't by chance be 7 or a multiple thereof would it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Alrighty.....its been a day or so now and no comments have been made about how the KJV book format shows Israel''s restoration? No comment of Jer 36 either? The most talked about point is the "dead language" comment

(But seriously, these three languages are dead. For all practical reasons and uses in the world's global scheme, they are "deader than a door nail")

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you guys say everything possible to justify your own beliefs and life(styles) by rejecting the Bible or trying to discredit the Bible.

Sadly the mods refuse to do their jobs and keep the thread on topic, but what can you expect?

Any questions about the KJV? (I of course will ignore childish questions as there seems to be quite a few young children in here...)

That's because the majority don't believe and don't care about your delusional points supposedly based around the KJB.. Maybe that's the reason

You deliberately ignore all the obvious evidence that the KJB was translated and written under Sir Francis Bacons watch.

Tattle-tailing to the mods is a bit weak.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Putting together 5 more reasons why the KJV is superior and will post them later tonight. I still don't understand why Christians allowed so many English Bibles to flood the market??? And many of the major "christian" leaders even supported new Bibles as well
With one anthem, they all shouted:
"This new bible is closer to the originals than the KJV". Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You deliberately ignore all the obvious evidence that the KJB was translated and written under Sir Francis Bacons watch.

You mean all the 'obvious evidence' you never provided to back up your claims? Yes, we 'deliberately ignored' something that wasn't there, is that frowned upon these days?

edit on 10-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

i'm a big fan of the dead sea scrolls,but i find it bewildering that in such shoddy condition,the 'scholors' that translated them can add what they think are the words 'missing' from deterioration to be assumed as true.
some i can see,but alot,its a bit of a reach.
the nag hammadi library i think is a better source (the ones that the council of nicea left out as inappropriate for their new politically driven religeon[christianity] to control the masses whilst rome was falling)
i do believe in the christ,and that he existed,but the earliest gospels(good news) were written hundreds of years after his death.
i can write a book on the california gold rush in the 1800's,without any first hand knowledge,just from the stories that came about from it,and make it fact!
Bob Marley sang - 'we're sick and tired of your easy excuses,when you die you go to heaven in Jesus' name,
we all know we understand MIGHTY GOD IS LIVING MAN!'
you can fool some people sometimes,but you can't fool all the people all the time.
so now you see the light,stand up for your right!'
if jesus was alive now,he would be appauled at what he would see. he was a hardcore jew who didn't like how his people were caving in to the roman way of life.he wanted the oppressers out of his land,and tried to teach his fellow jewish brothers not to 'backslide'. on the night of his arrest,he asked his apostles to trade all their stuff for swords! what does that tell you? he started a revelution that lasted almost 300 years after his death.
simon bar kotchba was the last messia of isreal. check out the history/mythology of the menora (jewish candlebra) read more history on the jewish people (not so much josephius,he was a turncoat and turned 'roman' after his capture)
it is an absolute carnal sin for any jew to think of a man as a God.
Jesus said the kingdom of god is here on earth,and let the meadows and groves be my place of worship.
so what with all the churches if you follow Jesus?
just a thought friend,no ill intended,something to think about.
did you know muslims believe Jesus was a prophet as well? just like the jews.
one God,many names! peace on earth brother

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

the nag hammadi library i think is a better source (the ones that the council of nicea left out as inappropriate for their new politically driven religeon[christianity] to control the masses whilst rome was falling)

First of all, the Nicean Council never discussed the books of the Bible, it was convened to address the Arian heresy.

Nicea Myths

Second, Constantine legalized Christianity, it was his 2nd successor who made it the state religion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Glass

That my poor lost friend, is the exact message of the coming anti-christ and will be the catalyst for total destruction of the lost sinners during the tribulation. (Dan 8:25 11:21 WHICH READ)

It is sad watching people fall for this lie, but I have accepted it. God will have His way and will....which is vengeance on those who reject His Son, Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 2:13-15
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Indeed. The Israelites found out he isn't all loving the hardway during the Provocation. There were many a time they lamented ever deciding to follow him in the first place. People that don't read their bibles don't know these things. This is what happens when certain christians just listen in on sunday, they don't retain any knowledge. He is a jealous God and a wrathful God, this he even said himself. All loving gods tolerate wickedness, he does not.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dilly1

You mean all the 'obvious evidence' you never provided to back up your claims? Yes, we 'deliberately ignored' something that wasn't there, is that frowned upon these days?

edit on 10-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Ahh, another christian scared of attempting objective research(WONDER WHY). Its ok if you need to be some one else's body guard. Should I call you Sir NOT?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by reficul

First of all, the Nicean Council never discussed the books of the Bible, it was convened to address the Arian heresy.

Nicea Myths

Second, Constantine legalized Christianity, it was his 2nd successor who made it the state religion.

First of all, How do you know what actually happened in any of the councils commissioned by the eastern roman empire? How!!!

And you keep posting subjective links as a source? As proof??

No one here takes you seriously.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just wondering, does anybody enjoy The New Jerusalem Bible? It is the Roman Catholic edition of The Bible. I like it because it's very close to the KJV, calls God by His proper name, Yahweh, instead of the generic LORD, and flows nicely. I love the KJV also, don't get me wrong. I also enjoy the NIV/NKJV but they sometimes dumb down the language a little too much...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join