It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons the King James Bible is Superior to the "Originals"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Magnificient
Very wrong in one respect. Christ is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Christ is a god of war. What you read in the New Testament is the "still, soft voice." He won't be still and soft when he returns.
Is there any way I can protect my children and wife from him when he comes back, or his he going to kill all of us with no hope of survival? Any help would be appreciated.

Nah, youre pretty much screwed because the only protection from him is Christ. Don't have Christ? Youre gonig to end up a red stain on the ground and anyone else like you.

Why would it matter if I don't believe in the red stains or christ or baphomet or anything. Would I still give a crap when I die. If a soul cant feel pain or have vision or hearing,, Then why would anyone give a dam-hoot about hell or christ... You have no clue just hope that all non-believers will suffer the consequences.

Do you understand? Non-believers have nothing to fear because they choose not to believe in the bible and the biased interpretations from pastors or whomever.

Try not to respond because you really can't. All you're going to do is return with more scripture hope-faith jargon. Which is nothing more than "elevator -music" to me. Gives me the zzzzz's

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

TRY to step out of your christian bubble; Really open your ignorant mind and just type(using ANY search engine) "Sir Francis Bacon/KJB" together and you will find an infinite amount of sources proving you're beyond wrong with your evangelical list

No, "smart logical" dude. What you're attempting to do, (poorly) is to shift the burden of proof to me to research your claims. You made the claim, it's your responsibility to provide supporting evidence for said claim, not mine. As of right now it's merely your prejudicial arbitrary conjectures.

Don't attack my intelligence because I refuse to meet you on your fallacy of logic. Oh, and I suggest not linking a secular source, because naturally, if I'm not allowed to link a Christian source you cannot link a secular one. I'd hate for you to make yet a 5th fallacy of logic (Special Pleading) on one damn thread.

edit on 9-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Nah, youre pretty much screwed because the only protection from him is Christ. Don't have Christ? Youre gonig to end up a red stain on the ground and anyone else like you.
So, when Jesus comes breaking down my doors, and my wife, children, and I are all huddled together in fear, and I raise my hands to surrender, will he still kill us all?

I mean, I fear maybe the Russians, or some Muslims, or someone like that doing this, but Jesus? Oh well. Will he torture us first, or kill us quickly since he's going to torture us for eternity anyway? Also, I hope he doesn't rape us before killing us.

That's not scary at all. What about standing before Him the 2nd time, in judgment, knowing you died without trusting Him to save you?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
first of all it's not a book. it's a testament of eye witness accounts of what they saw and heard.

times change and society evolves. the torah is God's covenant with the jews, the New Testament is a covenant with the world.

How the hell do you know anything from the times of antiquity,, let alone some supposed eyewitness accounts of what they saw and heard??? How??

You can't prove that. No one can. Back then forgery was rampant. There were no copyright laws. So again, how the hell do you know such jargon.

And if your going to give me some hope-faith talk ,,save it. That doesn't work in a Q'nA session. Explain to me so I can understand in a practical manner. Because all your doing is just taking someone's word that person did the samething over and over and.........bla bla.

You christians are definitely on a path for your own reality tv show called "Rumorville".
Might as well started posting: "Well Rumor has it",,,, every time.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's not scary at all. What about standing before Him the 2nd time, in judgment, knowing you died without trusting Him to save you?

Yeah, I guess if I get scared enough, I might try to start believing in him. That's a good reason to believe right? Also, I should probably believe in every other god that threatens to punish me if I don't.

But, I suppose if my family and I deserve to be tortured forever, then we should get what we deserve. Isn't that fair enough?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

How the hell do you know anything from the times of antiquity,, let alone some supposed eyewitness accounts of what they saw and heard??? How??

The same way we know anything about anyone else from antiquity? Written. Accounts. From. Eyewitnesses.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by KJV1611

Hebrew isn't dead and neither is aramaic. When the jews returned to Jerusalem their first task they set about was relearning hebrew that they found manuscripts of. The language they were speaking was a bastardized mix of euro-hebrew called yiddish but it was phonestically similar to hebrew and aramaic. Now at the time the King James was first written they were both dead languages, but not anymore.

Too bad KJB was written and translated by no other than Sir Francis Bacon. Who also wrote all of Shakespeare's works. Bet you didn't know that.

Still have blind faith?

Yep, still do because the dead sea scrolls confirm it and the small lead booklets found dating to the first century A.D. that speak about the Messiah and his death and resurrection. Still believe 100% in the King of kings. Too bad you don't, its not going to be pretty for you.

Who wrote the dead sea scrolls? No one knows... No one!!!!!!! You think you know.

How does anybody know the scrolls are from first century ad?? Wasn't carbon14.. It was inconclusive. So how?? The date is still a theory bud.

It doesn't matter if jesus herself told you "its all bs". You will still have blind ignorant faith.

I don't have faith so how would I be connected to your blind fantasy?? I don't understand. Why would you think we are connected. Because we are human, so that means your belief overides the rest of the nonbelievers lives. Well that really stupid. Don't you think...lol

Seriously,, nothing is going to happen to me and nothing is going to happen to you after we die. You are just scared if there is no heaven you will lose your bloody mind. Its ok , let it go.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Yeah, I guess if I get scared enough, I might try to start believing in him. That's a good reason to believe right?

I chuckle at the brilliance of this complaint when I consider I was never scared of Hell before I believed in the one who made it. Or that other Lake of Fire thingie. It's like claiming someone believe's in santa's toys but not santa himself.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by gimpy327

Very wrong in one respect. Christ is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Christ is a god of war. What you read in the New Testament is the "still, soft voice." He won't be still and soft when he returns.

There is no way to say GImpy is wrong. I agree with him.
Jesus a God of War? That's disturbing . Jesus riding in from the sky on a white
horse slaughtering almost all (except for 144,000) of his fathers creations?
Wow! where do I sign up? Sounds like a loving god to me.

To those who have been martyred, a crowd almost beyond number, whose souls reside under His throne, He is the avenger of blood.

Satan has caused the death of almost every single human since the fall in the garden. He is the ultimate murderer who caused genocide to try and assert his dominance over God.

Those who side with Satan are getting what is coming to them.

edit on 9/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You will still have blind ignorant faith.

It appears we have 'ignorant faith' to you because you're ignorant to the reasons we have faith.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation."

Edmund Spenser

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

The same way we know anything about anyone else from antiquity? Written. Accounts. From. Eyewitnesses.

Exactly egghead!!,,, so why have blind faith?? Cause your weak. Logic isn't enough. You're so dam scared you need to inject hope to spice up boring old logic.

And to respond to other post. I told you they're hundreds of non-biased source that explain Sir Francis Bacon wrote and translated the KJB. All you have to do is type a couple of words lazy fingers. But you don't want to . You only want to read christian propaganda. Nothing else. Try reading outside jesus bubble.. I promise you won't go to hell. And no I am not satan trying to tempt you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I chuckle at the brilliance of this complaint when I consider I was never scared of Hell before I believed in the one who made it. Or that other Lake of Fire thingie. It's like claiming someone believe's in santa's toys but not santa himself.
I'm just playing off of what you feed me. You are talking about it being scary. That's all you have for me is being scared. You don't have any good reason for me to believe except that I might be tortured forever. Other religions also say that I will be punished by their god if I don't believe in it/him/her. Why should I believe yours to be real and theirs not?

p.s. I do deserve to be tortured forever, right?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

You will still have blind ignorant faith.

It appears we have 'ignorant faith' to you because you're ignorant to the reasons we have faith.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation."

Edmund Spenser

Your Jet-i post tricks wont work.

Faith is only woth something,when only based only on real personal human experiences. Real factual evidence,,real freakin people... You don't . You don't know who made(assembled) the bible. You don't know if jesus really existed. You don't if god exist. You dont know

This is why you are ignorant. You think god cares for you....for you... Who thinks like that. What sane person thinks they are so dam special that this supposed creator DIGS YOU. LOL

No egghead you are all ignorant. I would use another word ,but I don't want to get banned.

Again I am not satan tempting you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
3. The originals are in dead languages. Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek. Dead, dead, dead. Why do I consider these three languages dead? When is the last time you saw any instruction manuals with these languages on them? Or newspaper? Or Stock Market Exchanges? Exactly. Dead. English is not only alive, it the the WORLD language that all first, second, and third world nations on the planet are teaching their children as a mandatory second language. You think that was just a "coincidence" that God translated His words into English...then the ENGLISH language magically conquered the world

That's very ignorant of you, newspapers in Greece are in Greek, also the Athens stock exchange is in Greek. As for Hebrew it is today's most common and official language of Israel, yes Israeli newspapers are in Hebrew and their stock exchange and their instruction manuals (they are very technological so there are plenty of these). Aramaic too is not dead if you care to check your facts.

edit on 9-1-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
Especially, when I came to the part in Genesis where G-- said "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel".

Some where along your life God said to you "You will no longer use your parents name, but ThePublicEnemyNo1."

What is not to understand?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a Christian missionary friend (well, I guess he's still a friend though he disowned me for becoming an unbeliever) who said he was in Mexico and was sponsored by a certain north american church. He said that the church changed pastors and the new pastor was only allowing the KJV to be taught in his church and would not sponsor my friend unless he read from the KJV. My missionary friend told him that if he could get them a KJV in Spanish, he would use it. Too bad they don't make that, and he was no longer sponsored by them.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
BTW, If there's a point to this book the "Bible" other than historical in nature, there are millions of us who are obviously missing "the point". I guess sooner or later we will get it....or not

edit on 1/9/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

*** Spoiler Alert ***

We are all children of God subjects of his divine rule.

love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 9-1-2012 by Hektik1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Alrighty.....its been a day or so now and no comments have been made about how the KJV book format shows Israel''s restoration? No comment of Jer 36 either? The most talked about point is the "dead language" comment

(But seriously, these three languages are dead. For all practical reasons and uses in the world's global scheme, they are "deader than a door nail")

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you guys say everything possible to justify your own beliefs and life(styles) by rejecting the Bible or trying to discredit the Bible.

Sadly the mods refuse to do their jobs and keep the thread on topic, but what can you expect?

Any questions about the KJV? (I of course will ignore childish questions as there seems to be quite a few young children in here...)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Any questions about the KJV? (I of course will ignore childish questions as there seems to be quite a few young children in here...)
Yes, where can I get a Croatian version of the KJV?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join