It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living off the grid in a hurry.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
thatS WHY I have my and my wifes B.O.B. by the door in the closet with large lock boxes of food and supplies ready to go. I have a 55 gal drum of fuel in the back ready to home fuel the bug out vehicles. Its called being ready.

And if road travel is not able to be used, I have lighter bug out bags inside my big bug out bags to easily convert to foot travel.

Its called being prepared, I suggest you do it too. Helps me sleep better at night, knowing that myself and family are prepared for anything short of a direct suprise assalt on my house. And even then all the firearms are cocked locked and ready to rock.

You come in my house uninvited, you be leaving in the form of swiss cheese.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Mach5

Nice scenario!

I have "shock blankets" which reflect 97% of all heat. I also have a trap door under my staircase that leads under the house. Under the stairs is our little storm shelter area, but secretly the floor of it rises up.

Not very secret now is it lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am a Meat Popsicle

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I think you might be wrong. It's very likely that the US has a means of controlling soldiers, perhaps even mind control. They ended their efforts to gain mind control, which strongly indicates that they attained mind control. In the 90s, Russia claimed that the US now had the ability to impersonate god. It was a story in a national newspaper at the time. I don't know how they managed to get that story into a heavily censored press.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Immediate escape from an urban area = grab your bag and into the sewer you go. Move around and try to gather your thoughts before you make a big mistake. Pop back up top when the coast is clear or when you can get to an area that gives you an escape.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've never bought into the FEMA taking people to camps posts.

Who would they take?
Why would they take them?
Who would guard them?
Who would be flying the helicopters and driving people to camps?

How would they feed the people in the camps?

It makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'd love to tell you guys my plan, but I'm just not gonna do it. Houdini didn't blab and neither am I.

However, I do know *that* they're coming just not *when.* My only defense is that I won't be first. They can't afford to take us all at once, neither financially nor in the court of public opinion. They'll just slowly up the pressure until the noose is taut. Advance warning is critical, so always pay attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have this reoccuring dream where I am always trying to hide in the top of the closet. For some strange reason, I have it in my head, that the safest place to hide, is in a secret area, at the top of a closet.

Its crazy because well they will check the closets.

But somehow I have this idea that there might be a trap door above the closet that leads to a secret cubby hole.

Well if I was awake, and not in that silly reoccuring dream, I would run for it. Small bug out bag, live comando style, try to make it to somewhere where there are fish. Where there are fish, there are usually enough fish to keep you alive. Fish are easy to catch. Easier than hunting deer.

I would make a small shelter, and basically use my woodsmen's skills, and black face, hide all the time, and live a very secret covert life, and try to dry enough fish to maybe make it to the next place where there are fish, or up the coast, if there is a coast there. To get to somewhere wild enough to live in the bush without hiding quite as much. Maybe be able to have a small campfire. Some day.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am really surprised with many of the replies to this thread.

This very same scenario has occurred many times in history and there is no reason to think that it won’t occur again.

In every case this has occurred the Police and the Military ALWAYS side with the Government.

It never happens through out the nation as a simultaneous event in every local.

This is always localized, the logistics for the “round up” take more resources than are available.

So, the question to be asked is also:
If you became aware that the “round up” occurred in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and you are living in Houston, Texas,

Would you take flight ?

Most of us would not.

Back to the OP.

If you have not made prior plans, it is already to late if you only have 45 minutes.

So, the answer becomes Plan ahead.

One must already have a minimum of 8 spots already identified as your “Hideout” spots.

Two for each of the four points of the compass, because you never know which direction you need to flee.

Then one with in walking range, and one within driving range.

Making 8 spots.

You should already have two sets of “bug out” equipment on hand as well.

One set if you are on foot and one set if you are driving.

Hiding from the technology the Military employs is very difficult, but it can be done.

First thing on your side is they can't look everywhere at the same time, but once you are located the “Great Eye” will be upon you. Unless it is distracted.

In the case of “round up” leave your cell phone behind.

edit on 9-1-2012 by brokedown because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
i'd tell them no ones home

"Dave's not here, man..."

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

i always remember the line "duh it's the cat" from some show or movie years ago! lol!
in all seriousness the boy scout motto"BE PREPARED" could just mean go now and don't look back and don't stop! how many people can go 24 to 36 hours without eating? until they can scrape something up! hope that your not the first wave!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

When you said the things about mind control, I thought of Project Bluebeam to occur, because that in itself has properties very similar to what you just stated.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thats one reason to know "very well" ones adversaries.....ie...military/police.....best way to not be noticed is to look/become one of them.....on your way out.
Answer the door and pose as one of them....."ALL CLEAR" no one in there/.........on your way out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Knock, Knock, Knock...
Some of us here might be knocking at your door.
What if we are peramedic's, police. national guard, reserve(pick a branch), fire dept.
Do you really think that you'll be at ground zero for something like this?
If so move...because your in the wrong neighborhood and city.

Do you trust what this person is telling you? How do you know its the truth? If the radio is announcing it...your to late...because everyone else will hear it to...you ever see pictures of people leaving an area for a hurricane? The power to be...could gather you up with a butterfly net...meaning you'll run right where they want you to.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
First off if your a high value target...you won't even know what happened, you just dissappear.
I seriously doubt that any of us here would warrant there attention...Most seem to be in lala land here and think that completly unrealistic things will happen...if you hear about people coming to get you, you'll have time to go and avoid being caught...just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join