It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can remember...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i can remember seeing strange goings on at night growing up in this small town in NW new jersey...

my grandfather (i was raised by my grandparents) worked for at&t/bell-labs.
he used to tell me of (and later, when i was in my teens, i saw for myself) this bunker on the back of the at&t grounds. the property was about 50-70 acres in size. this bunker would have these black vehicles coming in late at night, about two or three times a month. i never did hear of anyone being able to recall seeing/hearing these vehicles leave.

my grandfather would say that neither him nor any of his co-workers would ever go near the place. ive never seen them, all i ever saw was the convoys rolling down the road toward the back of the property, but, it was said that there were two heavily armed guards standing post at the doors all the time...

just a few years ago, i came to find out that this town was (may still be) a second strike target during the cold-war... i got to thinking that maybe there was a silo at this place. but, that couldnt be possible because i doubt uncle sam would put that kind of thing right in the middle of a town...

anywho, has anyone experienced anything like this?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Heres a pae talking about Nike missle bases in NJ, closed now. Has some links to other shut down missle bases. NJ Missle bases

WeirdNJ magazine has articles on them every now and then.

Edit:
Almost forgot. I gre up in Jersey also, by a junkyard, and semis would roll into the back of the yard on weekends usually around 3-4am. Turns out they were dumping hazardous waste, unfortunately that happened alot in NJ back in the day. The barrels started blowing up many years later, not like a fiery explosion but like a shaken can of soda. Some of the Emergency workers who responded have health problems now.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by Kellter]

[edit on 11-9-2004 by Kellter]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i can remember my parents talking about that (the toxic waste) when i was young...

thanx for the link... ill check it out in a few hours. i just got home from work and im dead tired...

join