It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our "scary place"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In my Childhood I used to play hide n' seek with a friend in the Black Forest (Germany).
Because its a very large/dense forest and our parents told us of a evil wich that lives there who eats kids, we never went deeper into the woods than a mile.

One day my cousin came to visit and the three of us decided to go a little crazy and play hide n' seek a lil further into the forest. After a while we found a hill where the woods seemed to open up a bit.

We climbed up and accidentaly came across some kind of old abadoned building. The doors were locked but some windows were broken, so we got in to check it out.
There was a bunch of rubble and trash lying around on the floor, and the walls and ceílings were damaged.
It all looked really dusty and it smelled like mold.

But one thing stood out in all that mess there was one room that had a green bunker or safe door in the wall. It was shut.
All of a sudden we heard something behind the door, something like a clicking of metal.
We thought someone was opening that door and almost crapped our pants. Frightened to the bone we ran back through the forest all the way home. From that point on we called it our "scary place" where the wich lives in that our parents told us about.

After I got older I went there again with the same friend I went there with in the first place. This time I thought I could take a couple of pictures so I took my camera with me.

When we got there it seemed like in all these years nothing had changed.
The doors were still locked, the same windows sill broken.

Only difference was this time we saw trees starting to grow out through the pavement in front of the house.
We got in through the window and something startled us the moment we looked in.
The safe-door was open.

It wasnt my idea to go in but somehow we ended up peaking in.
It was dark, we barely saw anything, but we walked passed the door down some stairs into a hallway.
The only light we had was from a cellphone display and the camera flash.

There appeared to be a lot of rooms (approx. 8 - 10 ) filled with equipment that looked like it was from the '50s.
Documets scattered acorss the floor which looked like military files with an US airforce seal.
One room had a huge boiler in it with a generator and a manual written in english on how to operate somekind of system (maybe heating and electric system).

We obviously came to the conclusion this was really an old (maybe also secret due to the remote location) air force bunker or operations station dating back to the cold war or maybe even WWII.

After we reached the end of the hallway there was a door inside the ground. My friend lifted it up and we looked what was beneath and it turned out to be a pipe or tunnel made out of metal. My guess was that it was a dried out sewage system.
My friend wanted to go in but I was like "Hell no!". We saw enough, and I had the feeling we shouldn't really be here anyways.

That was 8 years ago and to this day we still talk about it. What it could've been and why it looked like someone abadoned it in shortest time leaving everything behind and didn't bother to come back. And who opened the safe-door? What was it that we heard behind the door when it was locked back in our childhood.

Nevertheless, to this day it is our "scary palce".

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I'm sure you'll get all kinds of advice on how to identify the facility from others on this forum.

Sad to say that My first thought, upon seeing you photos was "if that was anywhere here in the US, that generator, the boiler, and most anything else of possible use would have already been (illegally) "salvaged" long ago".

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
could of been a animal that was behind the door.

obv the animal didnt open it but maybe someone(your father went in and opened it) lol

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Looking at your last photo, I would say it was from the 70's to 80's.
Just look at the bellows and the paint-job on the pipes.
The things below the bellows are air filters.
The whole thing is a hide out or above -ground bunker.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've done salvage work on old farm buildings for 15 years....none of the pictures you displayed make me think that building is very old ....certainly not abandoned since the cold war...60's and 70's ?? The equipment in the last picture was interesting...all the equipment was immaculate, the red piece was a furnace, maybe a wood furnace...the one piece next to the furnace could be a water heater??.....the other pieces??

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was gunna say
The last photo there, the equipment looks too good to be over 50 years old.
No rust,
Wonder what could have possibly been there.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would say you need to go back. Preferably with a few other people and better prepared. More lights and cameras. Salvage some of those files you saw and see what they are about. If it's really abandoned it could be a interesting place. Or you might find out it's not abandoned. Could it be an old cold war listening post maybe? And does it show up on Google maps?
edit on 8-1-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Sad to say that My first thought, upon seeing you photos was "if that was anywhere here in the US, that generator, the boiler, and most anything else of possible use would have already been (illegally) "salvaged" long ago".

That it wasn't salvaged is really interesting to me too, cause obviously someone opened the safe-door. (the question is: from the inside or from the outside?)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That stuff didn't look too beat up or dusty in those pics, like it was still being kept up fairly recently. By the style/design I'd say it's from the 1980's. And even then it looks mid to late 1980's.

If you ever wander in again where those tanks and equipment stuff are, see if you can get any pics of the manufacturer's tags. They'll have model numbers, serial numbers, manufacturer info, electrical info, specs., etc. Some equipment may also have a label or plate for logging service, such that you'll see the when the last maintenance done with a grease pencil or marker.

At least then you'd have an idea of what some of the stuff is, when it was last used, and how old it actually is. If none of the equipment is older than a certain date, that may help identify the age and possibly the purpose of the building.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Or maybe don't go in there again and don't touch anything..

Could be anything from a rusty nail to radiation in there

edit on 8-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Very cool OP, you had me hanging on to every word! I have to say, I would have ran away and never come back after that.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nice little story there mate, i like how you included photos. I also think u should go back better prepared and spend some time exploring and looking at some of the abandoned files. It would make another interesting thread if you found something. Ya never know what they could be. I would love to have somewhere like that near me that i could investigate. Somewhere with a sense of mystery. Oh, and if you do go back, check out that tunnel!
edit on 8-1-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It looks pretty fresh, maybe it was left in the 80's sometime?

The air force documents are intriguing. A map location would help.

edit on 1/8/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just when was your childhood???

Also, looks like you just found your new BOL!

Find out who owns the property. See if you can buy if for a cheap price, or just go and homestead. If nobody else knows about it then hey, you could get lucky. Looks like it would be a good location to stay for a few days if TSHTF. I have to say the first pic looks fairly modern and newish paint. Not what I would have imagined at all for a scary place in the middle of the forest. Guess I read too many Grimms fairy tales.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Interesting story, sounds like quite an adventure.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Indeed I'll try to go there again one day. Sadly I moved from that place and live a lot further away now...bout a 4 hour drive. But hey you never know, if the sh*t hits the fan, thats the place I'm going to hide in.
Take my laptop with me so I can give a live broadcast to you guys!

top topics

join