It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers nuclear technology to friendly African nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Iran offers to share nuclear technology with African nations that have uranium reserves

www.haaretz. com/

Iran’s nuclear chief says his country is willing to help what he called “friendly” African nations that have uranium reserves to set up facilities to process the ore into nuclear material.

Fereidoun Abbasi says Iran has mastered the entire nuclear fuel cycle from extracting uranium ore to producing fuel for reactors and is ready to share the technology. Abbasi’s comment was reported by the semi-official Mehr news agency Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Jan 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected source and title

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is bound to cause some condemnation on the international stage.

It's brand new so I can't find any responses to it yet, but it's not going to be welcomed and will be portrayed as a threat.

Personally, I'm against nuclear energy, especially after Fukushima but all nations who follow international regulations deserve Nuclear energy if they seek it.

Many countries will see this as a provocation. Iran has impeccable time in announcing these things don't they?

www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The reason the western nations do not want Africa prosperous is that they do not want them to have the technology to mine their resources themselves and get independent upon foreign help. Iran is doing a good thing. Not only that Kissinger once stated that we cannot give Africa the technology to do so because these minerals are for our next generation.

They want the African nations dependent, and enslaved by oil and debt. A good book on this topic is 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' by John Perkins. Pick it up at barnes. I bought it but havent had the chance to read it yet.
edit on 7-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So they aim to do this under the guise of humane actions in releasing them from their oppression?

I guess what they said about the US rescuing refugees in the ocean makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The more Iran gives the collective middle finger to the “great satan” the closer they come to their own demise.

History will record that Iran sealed its own fate...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The more the USA warmongers want war, the more the USA is going to seal its fate. Remember the Roman Empire, no one thought it would be destroyed, but how strong is it now?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I do think this is a pretty ballsy move on Iran's behalf considering the current situation.

One would figure they would keep this announcement on the down low if they knew what's good for them, which leaves me to think that they announced this on purpose. I can think of a few possible reasons, but none of them are as good as them just shushing about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If the persian clothed headgear leader truly cares for the impoverised Africans, they would had offered religion, cash or oil, food and resource management education to them instead of nuclear energy to the African despots.

It speaks volume of how truly 'enlightened' and religious that persian infidel leader truly is. It seems that it is not enough for him to expose his ill-educated citizens to the dangers of nuke energy/weapons, now he wants the African masses to experience such misery.....when will this evil be stopped?.....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oh goody. Unstable governments with lack of infrastructure and regulatory mechanisms with nuclear plants.

Brilliance incarnate.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So Iran have finally done what most other countries refused to do, in offering their humane assistance to less developed countries to get cheaper energy and technology, in order for them to finally catch up economically with the rest of the world.

This can be one way of ending hunger and famine in those countries, yet still there will always be people bashing them for whatever they do, trying to find a nefarious "hidden motive".

Of course it all makes sense, people have to choose fear or love as their personal viewpoint, and it is obvious which viewpoint people opt for by their remarks in this thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think this announcement is politically motivated somehow and is not actually on the list of Iranian priorities right now. What I'm trying to figure out is what they think they have to gain by announcing this. Don't get me wrong, I think Iran is being unfairly demonized and any strike or invasion would be unjust. But now is just not the right time for this announcement. That's my main concern.

Something's up and I'm not sure what it is yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nuclear energy won't end hunger. People are starving to death on some of the most fertile land on the planet.

Energy isn't their issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hey, you make a good point

I haven't looked at it from that angle yet, thanks for sharing.

Now that you mention it I think it makes a lot more sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

The more the USA warmongers want war, the more the USA is going to seal its fate. Remember the Roman Empire, no one thought it would be destroyed, but how strong is it now?

Where would you feel safer living over the next year - Iran or America?

Iran wants war so they can usher in the mythical 12th Imam. In reality, it is ushering in the end of the radical Islamic stranglehold on the peaceful people in the middle-east.

The Iranian regime will be gone soon....they will see to that!

edit on 7-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Iran gets Uranium and resources out of Africa.

African nations not of Arabic/Berber descent or leadership are going to be looking for allies against the new Empire of Islamists in the Maghreb.

Offering NAC or independent countries a hand in friendship is an excellent move on Iran's behalf, and is a backhanded acknowledgement of the new power structure forming up in the Maghreb.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Meanwhile back at the Ranch and Reality...
China is setting up shop all over Africa. This wont be a US/West problem but rather a potential Nightmare for the new up coming Global power.

Stay tuned...

How China's taking over Africa, and why the West should be VERY worried

The strategy has been carefully devised by officials in Beijing, where one expert has estimated that China will eventually need to send 300 million people to Africa to solve the problems of over-population and pollution.

The plans appear on track. Across Africa, the red flag of China is flying. Lucrative deals are being struck to buy its commodities - oil, platinum, gold and minerals. New embassies and air routes are opening up. The continent's new Chinese elite can be seen everywhere, shopping at their own expensive boutiques, driving Mercedes and BMW limousines, sending their children to exclusive private schools.

The pot-holed roads are cluttered with Chinese buses, taking people to markets filled with cheap Chinese goods. More than a thousand miles of new Chinese railroads are crisscrossing the continent, carrying billions of tons of illegally-logged timber, diamonds and gold.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The more Iran gives the collective middle finger to the “great satan” the closer they come to their own demise.

History will record that Iran sealed its own fate...

While I respect your opinion, I disagree with it. The history of western nations will indeed record that Iran sealed it's own fate, but the rest of the world and those that keep up with current events will see that the Iran was trying to become independent and to give the rest of the world this gift but, other countries don't want that so they instigated a war with this country. I do agree with the OP though, nuclear reactors with uranium are not as safe as reactors that use thorium as its fuel. I hope that the US backs down from its stance on Iran instead of killing more civilians in their quest for oil.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

China only cries "empire" when they are talking about a nation other than themselves.

Arabs make lots of empires. China just is the empire.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don`t let the different approaches to business worry you m8.

When China does business they bring suitcases of money , and a non-interventionist approach.

When the US does business , they bring in the Marines and the 5th fleet.

Now , who should the African countries fear .

edit on 7-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: spelling, due to lack of coffee

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This is bound to cause some condemnation on the international stage.

It's brand new so I can't find any responses to it yet, but it's not going to be welcomed and will be portrayed as a threat.

Personally, I'm against nuclear energy, especially after Fukushima but all nations who follow international regulations deserve Nuclear energy if they seek it.

Many countries will see this as a provocation. Iran has impeccable time in announcing these things don't they?

www.washingtonpost.com

Iran is either completely stupid or magnificently brilliant. I haven't decided yet. Alot of these African nations could be helped alot with the right technology. Others could use it for something not so helpful. Use it for good and dismantle every nucular warhead on the face of this planet. There's aboslutely no need to even have them as their very existence causes war. We as a people are not mature enough to be trusted with something that could destroy our entire planet. I don't care which flag you fly.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Tesclo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join