It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul makes push at UNH for undecided voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Infowars Link

In a world where up is down, black is white, and war is peace. The only man in the room talking about the constitution is labeled the insane one. How many more wars do we need to see in our life time? How many more Mitt Romneys that change their mind on almost every issue they support do we need to be conned by? These people don't care about you. These rich politians only care about themselves and not one of them would set foot on the front lines of the wars they demand. NH wake up!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am with you all the way!

And I am New Hampshire born and bred.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

These people don't care about you.

And Ron Paul does???

Does he care about me by wanting businesses to openly discriminate against me for any reason?

Does he care about me by wanting businesses to pay my wife a lower salary only because she is a women?

Does he care about me by wanting to allow corporations to pollute my air and drinking water with no punishments?

Does he care about me by wanting me to die in the streets if I happen to fall on hard times and can't afford very expensive insurance?

I could go on and on. I agree with the man about the wars and foreign aid...but he is just to batty and yes INSANE when it comes to his domestic policies that will directly affect me and my family.

So no thank you Ron Paul...I would rather not live in a 1940s society.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just a little off topic, but RP has been working on his speech giving. He used to go on a bit mainly cause he had so much to say, but now he's learned to get one point out and end each thought expecting applause and it's working. Excellent RP...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So you are a big believer in entitlements and not taking responsibility for yourself?? And where does the money for the entitlements come from? If you haven't noticed we"re broke...

edit on 7-1-2012 by Backbiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Tesclo

And Ron Paul does???

Does he care about me by wanting businesses to openly discriminate against me for any reason?

Does he care about me by wanting businesses to pay my wife a lower salary only because she is a women?

Does he care about me by wanting to allow corporations to pollute my air and drinking water with no punishments?

Does he care about me by wanting me to die in the streets if I happen to fall on hard times and can't afford very expensive insurance?

I could go on and on. I agree with the man about the wars and foreign aid...but he is just to batty and yes INSANE when it comes to his domestic policies that will directly affect me and my family.

Way to deny ignorance! Can you site where Ron Paul explicitly said this in his own words? He actually said these things? Site your sources, or stop trolling. Your pathetic interjection and hyperbole is rather tiresome.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backbiter

So you are a big believer in entitlements and not taking responsibility for yourself?? And where does the money for the entitlements come from? If you haven't noticed we"re broke...

I'm a big believer in helping my fellow countrymen who may be down on their luck.

The money for this comes from the taxes I pay...it is just currently mis-allocated to wars and foreign aid.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And Ron Paul does???

Considering the fact that he is a doctor by profession and has delivered over 4000 children, I'd say he has a better chance of caring about human life than a career politian like Romney that has done nothing but change his mind on core issues like abortion whenever it was better for himself... or dare I say Obama that can't even keep his campaign promises.

This idea of discrimination is a social issue and not a Federal Government problem. You are entitled to freedom of speech in this country. This means you have the right to be racist if you so choose. Do I agree with racism or discrimination? No. But do I agree with someone being able to put a sign up on their own property without the Federal Government rushing in to save the day? Absolutely. Society will vote with their wallet if that business should be able to hang a sign in its front window. It's our job to refuse to give that man business. Once you start to limit the 1st ammendment to only to what you agree with, what happens when it becomes unacceptable to criticize the Government? Should the Feds knock down your door because you dont agree with the President?

I see absolutely no evidence of Dr. Paul ever demanding a lower wage for women. Please link your source. But if we're talking about abolishing minumum wage, then again I'd have to agree with that position. You should be paid based on your ability and skill not because the Government says that Jim Bob over there sleeping on the sidewalk makes as much as me over here working my butt off. Again, personal responsibility. You shouldn't be paid the same as someone that can do your job better.

It's okay for China isn't it? No I don't agree with this issue. There does need to be restrictions, but it makes no logical sense to move towards a complete carbon tax or whatever else Al Gore is pushing.

You do know the man used to volunteer his time as a doctor right? Nobody is saying that you should die because you can't pay a doctor bill. Either you're purposely taking everything he says to the most extreme case possible just to prove a point or you simply don't understand what the man is saying.

You could go on and on about what? See the problem here is that people simply don't like freedom. Because true freedom means having to actually take some personal responsibility in your lives. But people want their nanny state. They want their free healthcare. They want the Government to be there when they make a bad bet so that they can force the tax payers to bale them out. This is not what our founders invisioned for this country. True freedom and liberty is what America is about. Not gimme gimme gimme because I need stuff.

Have fun with that. You're voting for Obama I assume? How's it feel to be lied to? The man did absolutely nothing that he said he was going to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

It is the opinion I have formed of him by listening to him, reading his stances on the issues, and looking at his legislative record.

This is my belief of whatRon Paul wants to do...if you want to change that opinion...please go ahead and try.

If you didn't notice...those were all questions in my post...why not try responding to them to show me that I have mis-judged Ron Paul's positions.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

This idea of discrimination is a social issue and not a Federal Government problem. You are entitled to freedom of speech in this country. This means you have the right to be racist if you so choose.

It's a good thing that me and many others have agreed that we don't want to live in a society that allows racism.

Racism is just alive today as it was in the past...the only thing from keeping it in check are laws. You are delusional if you think that the "free market" would take care of the discrimination issue. It is a very naive outlook of our society.

So no...I don't agree with Ron Paul on this...I don't agree with the founders on this...shocking that I wouldn't agree with slave owners about discrimination...but it's true.

I see absolutely no evidence of Dr. Paul ever demanding a lower wage for women.

He voted against the fair pay act multiple times...and then there is this gem.

www.ontheissues.org...

Gender-equal pay violates idea of voluntary contract

rejection of the idea of the voluntary contract. The idea that a businessman must hire anyone and is prevented from firing anyone for any reason he chooses, and in the name of rights, is a clear indication that the basic concept of a free society has been lost.

It's okay for China isn't it?

I wouldn't want to live in China...would you.

You do know the man used to volunteer his time as a doctor right? Nobody is saying that you should die because you can't pay a doctor bill. Either you're purposely taking everything he says to the most extreme case possible just to prove a point or you simply don't understand what the man is saying.

Have fun with that. You're voting for Obama I assume? How's it feel to be lied to? The man did absolutely nothing that he said he was going to do.

This just shows how uninformed you are.

You can go review for yourself...and if you expect any politician to be able to do 100% of what they want to do...then you are not living in reality.

www.politifact.com...

Do you think Ron Paul will be able to do everything he is saying he wants to do if he were to get elected??? Would you feel "lied" to if he didn't???

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Tesclo

And Ron Paul does???

Dude, your on every single thread that involves Ron Paul. Its obvious by your responses that you do not want the man as your president. We get it, ok? But to say the man is INSANE on his domestic polices is ignorant. Are you saying moves that Bush and Obama have made are not INSANE and that they won't directly affect your family? How's the endless war on terror, Patriot Act, NDAA, our economy, housing market, national debt, TSA checkpoints directly affecting you and your family? So yes I would 100% love to have Ron Paul as my president.

Mod Edit: Removed needless personal attack

edit on 7-1-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's a good thing that me and many others have agreed that we don't want to live in a society that allows racism.

Racism is just alive today as it was in the past...the only thing from keeping it in check are laws. You are delusional if you think that the "free market" would take care of the discrimination issue. It is a very naive outlook of our society.

So no...I don't agree with Ron Paul on this...I don't agree with the founders on this...shocking that I wouldn't agree with slave owners about discrimination...but it's true.

Racism is alive today because the media does nothing but push the divide and conquer tactic that is racism. Instead of acting against the black panthers that chose to threaten white voters with a billy club, they let them walk. But the second the KKK screams white power, it's all over the news. See the problem is that we're constantly told how different we are. Our similarities are never pushed into the light. It's always white on black crime or black on white or hispanic crime. It's always about this team did something to the other team. But laws do about as much to limit racism as they do to limit pot. That's not naive it's truth.

The issue here is the 1st ammendment. As I asked previously, what happens when it becomes unacceptable to do or say others things like question your Government? What happens when laws are put in place, like SOPA, to restrict free speech based on the idea that society doesn't agree with it? As much as I'm against racism or discrimination, I'm very much for the right for an individual to speak his mind. What happens when someone walks up to you and calls you something racist? Do you call the cops and demand that they be thrown in prison? Of course not. So why is it okay to do the same thing with a business owner? He owns that property. If you don't agree with it, you choose not to enter that property.

The founders were slave owners. I will not deny that fact. But the founders did understand the contradiction in the term "every man is born equal" while owning slaves. And some did move to try and abolish slavery very early on. There were 2 problems both based on the same issue. The issue was the time period. In that time, slave ownership was world wide. It was the norm. Now the 2 problems were that how do you compete with slave labor while you're in a war for your very existence and 2nd alot of the founders were simply just racist or they didn't want to give up their "help". But not all of them were like this. It's not just as simple as saying "they were slave owners lets hate the founders". You have to understand the period of time they were living in compared to today where we went through those struggles and now see that it's wrong.

He voted against the fair pay act multiple times...and then there is this gem.

www.ontheissues.org...

Gender-equal pay violates idea of voluntary contract

rejection of the idea of the voluntary contract. The idea that a businessman must hire anyone and is prevented from firing anyone for any reason he chooses, and in the name of rights, is a clear indication that the basic concept of a free society has been lost.

I haven't seen this statement, but now that I have, I have to agree with him. Why should you be hired based simply on your gender or race? Is that not the very reason why these laws were passed to begin with? You should be hired based on your ability, skill and knowledge. How many white males don't get the job because a black or latino also applied? How many men in general are overlooked because the company is forced to hire females? We're not living in the 50s here anymore. These laws do nothing but the same exact thing they were put in place to eliminate. It's just against a different person now. Maybe the basic concept of a free society has been lost.

I wouldn't want to live in China...would you.

Good point.

I don't see where you're coming from here. When he was asked the question of "should he just die" Paul said "NO". Personal responsibility here. Once again.

This just shows how uninformed you are.

You can go review for yourself...and if you expect any politician to be able to do 100% of what they want to do...then you are not living in reality.

www.politifact.com...

Do you think Ron Paul will be able to do everything he is saying he wants to do if he were to get elected??? Would you feel "lied" to if he didn't???

Please. The man did one thing he said he was going to do. Give us this crap healthcare. BTW I love the happy Obama faces on that site when he does something right and the sad Obama face when he screwed up. Haha

edit on 7-1-2012 by Tesclo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

George Orwell wasn't just hyping up his book.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backbiter

I'm a big believer in helping my fellow countrymen who may be down on their luck.

The money for this comes from the taxes I pay...it is just currently mis-allocated to wars and foreign aid.

Fair enough. You believe in helping out your fellow countrymen. You believe that pooling our tax dollars for this purpose is our best bet.

Intellectually, I can't argue with you. I don't want anyone to starve. I don't want anyone to lay down without a roof over their head.

But you yourself admit that funds that could be better utilized to serve fellow man are mis-allocated to wars and foreign aid.

This has been done under Republican Administrations, as well As Democratic Administrations, wouldn't you agree?

What is your proposed solution to this problem?

Ron Paul would rather that you keep more of your tax dollars and then work on your own or with charities, etc. to make sure that those in need are provided for.

Can't you see that this might be a better solution than first funneling your money through Washington, where large streams are diverted toward needless wars before being returned to the people?

The overriding question remains: Do you trust yourself and fellow individuals with your/their money, or do you feel that the government is a better decision maker?

Recent history tells me that reigning in the size of government and putting more power back into the hands of individuals is a healthy move.

How do you feel about this?

top topics

join