It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian pres misquoted to help fear mongers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd enjoy seeing what you might put together, Wrabbit. And I'll say it's such a truly sad and clouded issue.

Yeah, clouded... That is a good way of putting it. Just chasing down the quote relating to Israel..which was actually a quote of a quote back to Khomeini..not Ahmadinejad's original words as it turns out...is just an epic effort to get to. I'm putting a thread together but it's taking more time than I thought. The propaganda from all sides is so deep it takes forever to trace back even the simple things to an absolute first source or reliable one, anyway.

I'll tell ya though, there are no good guys on either or any side of this fur ball looking to happen out there. That hasn't taken long to realize at least.

We need another couple retired Commanding General level officers in the White House. America has done quite well with several retired vets as President with that level of judgement in the past. I imagine they wouldn't be half as quick to throw our military into war after mini-war into regional war. We haven't had one in ... well.. Heck, I guess H.W. Bush was a legitimate combat proven man...but thats it going back to.. Kennedy? Even there, both of them were standard tour serviceman. Eisenhower would be the last one.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well said. If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me directly when you get your thread put together to make sure I catch it? Would be appreciated as I think I may drift away from ATS a bit for awhile again soon.

And Ike...god, I want to like him so much as he gave us such great warning on the military-industrial complex when he was leaving office, but I wonder how different things would currently be with our Iran situation if he hadn't fallen for the commie talk when Britain came asking him for help with the Mossadegh situation. Possibly a lessened BP, no Shah, no hostage crisis, no Iranian Revolution or Khomeini. So much hindsight and second-guessing.

It ranks right up there with the thread the other day about the priest who saved a young Hitler - would WWII have been avoided? Would we have just ended up with someone even worse?

What a world...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
so it looks like If I am in with the accepted view of "poor Israel" we don't need facts.....you say that.....I am against Israel huh.....yet more propaganda and lies........with me or against me huh......well I like facts....sorry......second....how am I a war monger for advocating PEACE.....classic propaganda......so I guess I want to see the world destroyed since I advocate world peace huh.....yeah....you are pretty twisted....the way you just eat up fox news and spit it out as fact......but hey.....why look at the facts,......those are inconvenient...

this reminds me of when we had a group of propaganda activists protesting in front of my uncles house for putting a swastika on a HISTORY book he wrote about WW2 Germany and its troop movements.....they called him an anti Semite....for writing history and not "pretending" the Nazi symbol was a 4 leaf clover with a smiley face

so now I guess I am against Israel....ok......deluded much or getting paid to say garbage with no account for FACTS

edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: bite me

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have spoken with many people scared of Iran getting a nuclear weapon who are being told by various sources that Iran's religious government is suicidal and will use the bombs to create world war III in order to bring about the return of the "12 Imam" or the "Mahdi" whatever its called.

Can someone debunk this? christian groups say this is in the Koran but and its "watered down" in the english translation but this sounds liek fear-mongering to me.
edit on 15-1-2012 by vagabond50 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join