It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Italy Gone Fascist? Fiscal strangulation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There is more on the link but this particular section struck me as the machinations of the NWO and the desire to get rid of currency. Here we see to slippery slide to this in action......

The passing of an extraordinary edict making cash transactions of more than Euro 1,000 illegal (not subject to reporting – just plain illegal). Following Prodi’s own desire, the existing regime has indicated that this level will be progressively reduced to a limit as low as Euro 300. Hence cash is maybe for the first time in history no longer legal tender (over Euro 1,000, for now);

A requirement that credit card companies report all transactions carried out by Italians, in Italy and abroad to the fiscal authorities;

Delays and refusals by banks in allowing customers to withdraw cash balances of as little as Euro 10,000;

Finance Police has placed cameras at the physical borders with Switzerland (see below) to register all license plates. In addition, currency-sniffing dogs have been deployed at the border

Source: Zerohedge

This is a serious imposition by government. There are some other serious implications in other parts of the article.

Have a read and see what you think. Bear in mind that Italy was a fascist country in the 1930s and 1940s so nothing new in that respect, but the fiscal/financial policy implementation is worrying in the extreme. Even more worrying is the fact that effectively forcing credit cards to be used means that those with no means are squeezed out of the system.

I see a black currency market developing if this is forced on to a large and larger area.

edit on 7/1/2012 by PuterMan because: Spelling and grammar :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yes it is. Italy for the longest time has followed a monetary policy that puts the Italians first and the state and the banksters last. Now a crackdown is happening. I think its wrong, Italians have become used to NOT rely on the state. Of course this means that there is hardly anything left the state can cut to save so now the pressure is up on the Italians.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I am sure the Euro will oblige us to introduce a new set of economic policy instruments. It is politically impossible to propose that now. But some day there will be a crisis and new instruments will be created.”

quote belongs to Romano Prodi.
EU Commision President in 2001.

proof positive of a common agenda?

i hate articles like this man.
it enrages me and i got nowhere to go to with this rage.
dirty politicians and dirty politics

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Obama is the modern day Mussolini. That used to be my avatar hear until I was asked to remove it. Italy sets the tone that the superpowers are following.

Catholic church - first corporation
Rome - HQ
Italy - Run by Rome (fascist)

Is it any surprise that the children born of the original corporation would take any path other than the one its parent laid for it?

People are simple, just like the motives driving economic changes in this world.
edit on 8-1-2012 by zroth because: US is dog to Israel and Bully for Bankers

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Berlusconi might have been a crook who used the state for personal gain, but at the same time he kept a state that did little to begin with for the Italian people out of their hair and most Italians were happy with it. The increased tax revenue wont improve the services the Italians receive from the state, but will only serve to make the banksters richer.

I am no against big goverment, if it works for the population at large.

edit on 8-1-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join