It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Attack Ad: Rick Santorum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great ad. It's too soft for my taste but eh.

Santorum is total trash and must not go into the White House at any price. He has no chances in hell anyways.

And negative ads... PLEASE... if you want to see vicious campaigning, go back to the 1800s.

OutKast Searcher , your troll act is quite tiring.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by maddog99

I think it is funny that you think this is all being done because of Ron Paul.

Yea, I guess I'm just imagining that!

I guess I'm also just imagining that you troll every Ron Paul thread parroting MSM garbage as well as your own rhetoric to get Paul supporters riled up?

You called it.
He's voting for Obama and has nothing better to do than bash Ron Paul constantly.

Anyway, Thanks OP! Got get em Ron! Santorum is the worse of the WORST, and Americans need to be aware of it.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
so if paul finishes in the top 3 in NH, look out, the long knives will be out for him....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ah.. I searched for this ad. I just posted a thread on it, so I'll just copy over what I posted there here.

For those that can't see it, it discusses Rick Santorum voting to raise the debt ceiling 5 times, including on the "bridge to nowhere." It includes the Santorum quote "I am no longer a deficit hawk, I had to spend the surplus."
It discusses him opposing the right to work act and how he took the most lobbyist cash in Washington and was named one of the most corrupt congressmen.

Hopefully this one works as well as the Gingrich ads did.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The definition of a "negative campaign" is that you air ads and talk about your opponents faults instead of airing ads and talking about reasons why you are a good candidate.

The ads can be 100% factual, but it is still a negative campaign because you are trying to tell people why not to vote for someone instead of why they should be voting for you.

So the MSM is right in that respect.

I agree with you on that
But if the media doesn't report on it, despite you being right, it's absoutetly not wrong for you to report the news

Is this a negative ad with that in mind?
Yes it is negative
Is it an ad? Yes it is

But it's also filling in the void of realistic journalism, with some bells and whistles of course

Nonetheless I agree with you

I wish he had more unbought corrupt politicians he was going against and/or an unbias media

But that's not the case

With that said he needs an ad on foreign policy, his strongest suit
Yet his weakest suit to those who aren't into critical thinking and keeping up with current events

Perception, isn't that what this is all about?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree!!
I also thank you for pointing this ad out.
You see I have a friend that was a Cain supporter, then he was a Romney supporter, now he is a Santorum supporter.
All of these until they were proven schills, I have been trying to drag him to the RP camp but he refuses...
He told me yesterday,"really, you should look into Santorum as he is the best candidate and has a great record".
I never dug too deep as I know who I am voting for already, but I did and found sooooooo much more than just the dirt in this video.
But I will show him this ad, wish me luck!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Maan, Ron Paul zealots.

I call myself a supporter, but these zealots are crazy. RP does some dirt-slinging and it's "just facts". People do dirt-slinging on RP and it's some kind of conspiracy to bring RP down.

Politicians...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
Maan, Ron Paul zealots.

I call myself a supporter, but these zealots are crazy. RP does some dirt-slinging and it's "just facts". People do dirt-slinging on RP and it's some kind of conspiracy to bring RP down.

Politicians...

You can't really say that Gingrich refusing to pay child support, making money off Freddy Mac, cheating on his wives, etc. etc. is the same as Ron Paul newsletters that he's denied countless times. There is no dirt on Ron Paul. It doesn't exist. The same thing they're saying now is the same thing they said in 2008. It wasn't true then and it's still not true now. Mitt Romney flip flops. Fact. Gingrich is scum. Fact. Perry forced 6th graders to take vaccines. Fact. So yes they are "just facts".

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
For the record, Jon Huntsman is the attack dog on Ron Paul.

Not to assist Huntsman, who is basically invisible, but just saying there are ads against Ron Paul.

As for Santorum and the rest of the bunch, with the exception of Romney, they will all drop out. Ron Paul is the ONLY other candidate with the funds and support to continue in this race. Perry could do it because he is backed by the big banks as well, but he doesn't have the support to actually win. He might just continue to be a shield for the other establishment shill. (Romney) This race is now and has always been between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. Anyone who thinks Santorum has a chance isn't paying attention. He's just a flavor of the week. (And I really regret saying that when I know what his name means on Google)

Ron Paul raised over $13 million since September. This isn't from banks or corporations. This is entirely from supporters who are struggling to make ends meet. And this is the very reason Ron Paul will be the next President of the United States.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Hmm.. well they don't have an official Huntsman endorsement at the end, but if they are real I am shocked since I would have picked Huntsman as Pauls VP and during a debate when asked who the candidates respect/like/something along those lines Huntsman chose Paul.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I have this strange feeling that Perry might snap out of it and actually be a real and decent candidate in a few years. It seems to me like he realized he is being played for the fool and may revolt against the people that did him that way. Just something about him has changed.. I started to kinda like him as a person.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Only in the MSM does telling the truth that all the other candidates except Ron Paul are proven liars qualify as attacks LOL!

They will run attack ads on Ron Paul eventually but they will have to lie and twist things out of context to do it because he has never lied etc. That is why they are trying the whole racist BS thing as it's the only straw they have and it is pure BS!

The fate of the country is at stake here but few realize it. If another tax and spend liberal Pub or Dem is elected complete collapse is assured! They are pulling out all the stops to keep the economy going till the election is over. Once it is over and they have thier puppet in place they will let it collapse and then roll out there supposed new system to save us all except it will be the same as the old but on a global scale with a new dress and different color lipstick.

If Ron Paul is elected he will actually buy us some time and actually start digging out of this mess the proper way by cutting back government for starters. However I doubt there is enough people left with the brain power to vote for him enough to overcome the fraud and dirty tricks... Hope I am wrong.
edit on 7-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Maan, Ron Paul zealots.

Politicians...

Apparently you do not understand the difference between facts and lying about someone.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
For the record, Jon Huntsman is the attack dog on Ron Paul.

I don't see RP portrayed negatively in the first video above.
The second video, fair enough.
Am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yay! Go Ronald Paul! I hope he wins and executes his plans. He wouldn't need congressional backing either thanks to my creator George H.W. Bush.(executive orders) Then if Ronald Paul actually wins I'd cease to exist :/ totally worth it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Nail on the head right there.

Pretty damaging, these youtube videos. With 302 views and 4,000 likes.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesclo

Maan, Ron Paul zealots.

Politicians...

You can't really say that Gingrich refusing to pay child support, making money off Freddy Mac, cheating on his wives, etc. etc. is the same as Ron Paul newsletters that he's denied countless times. There is no dirt on Ron Paul. It doesn't exist. The same thing they're saying now is the same thing they said in 2008. It wasn't true then and it's still not true now. Mitt Romney flip flops. Fact. Gingrich is scum. Fact. Perry forced 6th graders to take vaccines. Fact. So yes they are "just facts".

So because RP denied them, makes them "non-existent"?

At least Gingrich owned up to his crap. That's not to say that he's the better politician tho...

If you want "just facts", the fact is there is dirt on RP and RP zealots just refuse to accept it. You actually just proved my point even more. In the face of RP's dirt, it's a conspiracy. In the face of other candidates' dirt, they're scumbags.

Does anybody else see my logic here?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

James B. Powell wrote the letters, not Dr. Paul.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIVONIC
reply to post by prepared4truth

James B. Powell wrote the letters, not Dr. Paul.

But he was the main editor of these letters for decades. An editor must review the newsletters, it's in the job description.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They MSM says RP is running the most negative campaign but IMO, it's not really an attack if you are pointing out the truth with facts based on past political moves?

The definition of a "negative campaign" is that you air ads and talk about your opponents faults instead of airing ads and talking about reasons why you are a good candidate.

The ads can be 100% factual, but it is still a negative campaign because you are trying to tell people why not to vote for someone instead of why they should be voting for you.

So the MSM is right in that respect.

nah, I can see your point but I think we have passed the bs era.. its time to "attack" back..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join