It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Phil Donahue On Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Phil Donahue has always been on of the few public personalities that really gets it and comes across in a sensible manner. I have always thought his grasp on domestic and foreign policies of the US government for the most part was very realistic.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz
As not American I want to say something in my opinion worthy to be considered from different perspective. I don't believe Ron Paul could win elections but this is not what I want to say.
Did you considered what would happen if Ron Paul would win elections. I mean every body in the world know about his antiwar declarations and his pacifism. If I was some bad evil Ahmaditrololo dictator and one day I would read in newspaper that Ron Paul won election I would be very happy barbecue I would be sure that no one would stop me from doing what I want. All this dictators which now afraid of America would treat Ron Paul presidency as a green light to spread their influence in the world. This is what I afraid a bit as nonAmerican.

If this is really what you are afraid of then you really need to stop watching the propaganda.

The greatest danger to the world and especially America is a continuation of the current administration - and by that I mean Obama or any of the puppets running for the Republican nomination - other than Ron Paul.

Empires grow through tyranny and then collapse. The world is now reaching a point where it is fed up of American war crimes - and so are the people of America. These are signs that the American empire is about to implode and there is only one man that can really save a once great nation. Make no mistake - America is no longer great - she is on the brink on bankruptcy and is without doubt the most hated nation in the world.

The anti American feeling is going to spread around the world and unrest will grow within her own population and the ramifications will be felt worldwide.

On the brink of the precipice the last thing you should be doing is backing the same horse that got us here because you are afraid some other evil might surface.
edit on 7/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

God bless Phil Donahue...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow,you don't see that kind of talk in MSM,but Phil's a clued on bloke.

We need more people like him and less government zombies.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

This is the problem in the world, it's too dependent on America to keep it safe. Other countries depend on us, and feel like they don't have to maintain a strong military to protect themselves. They use all the money they save to fund social service programs, and the welfare state, making the people there dependent on their government, who's in turn dependent on the USA. A lot of dependence, and not enough self-reliance. When the USA collapses from over extension and over spending on military and foreign aid, then what? All those countries fall flat on their faces. OR, under Ron Paul, America stays strong, and able to combat any REAL threats to freedom and other countries can learn to be more self-reliant with somewhat of a transition and not complete chaos.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth

Originally posted by odyseusz
As not American I want to say something in my opinion worthy to be considered from different perspective. I don't believe Ron Paul could win elections but this is not what I want to say.
Did you considered what would happen if Ron Paul would win elections. I mean every body in the world know about his antiwar declarations and his pacifism. If I was some bad evil Ahmaditrololo dictator and one day I would read in newspaper that Ron Paul won election I would be very happy barbecue I would be sure that no one would stop me from doing what I want. All this dictators which now afraid of America would treat Ron Paul presidency as a green light to spread their influence in the world. This is what I afraid a bit as nonAmerican.

If this is really what you are afraid of then you really need to stop watching the propaganda.

The greatest danger to the world and especially America is a continuation of the current administration - and by that I mean Obama or any of the puppets running for the Republican nomination - other than Ron Paul.

Empires grow through tyranny and then collapse. The world is now reaching a point where it is fed up of American war crimes - and so are the people of America. These are signs that the American empire is about to implode and there is only one man that can really save a once great nation. Make no mistake - America is no longer great - she is on the brink on bankruptcy and is without doubt the most hated nation in the world.

The anti American feeling is going to spread around the world and unrest will grow within her own population and the ramifications will be felt worldwide.

On the brink of the precipice the last thing you should be doing is backing the same horse that got us here because you are afraid some other evil might surface.
edit on 7/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

(*****standing ovation******)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I say, Ron Paul, I think you have a running mate after this video.....Phil Donahue.....lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I thought the video was great, he was spot on about many things, War, Healthcare and so on.
On the healthcare thing I will never understand America...

Thanks for sharing the clip

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is a really great video. Thanks for sharing, I've never paid much attention to Phil Donahue before.
It looks like i will now.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Phil Donahue is spot on.Y'all wondering why this man is not on TV? just watch this clip he makes far too much sense and the last thing the owners of this country want is someone like him and Ron Paul having a platform and being able to reach people.So,Donahue will be exiled,while they try to make RP go away.
edit on 023131p://1226 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I really think that Phil Donahue is a spot on American. Seeing this man from afar in Australia has taught my parents generation a lot about senseless wars. I thank the Americans for there help in Australia during World War Two in the Pacific theatre and we would be speaking Japanese had it not been for the Yanks. God be with the United States, but serving in the armed services here and now, it has cause me to wonder what happened to the United States. Our Prime Ministers have followed you into Korea and Vietnam and Iraq two times and now Afghanistan. Why? American adventurism has cost untold trillions of dollars. Our own ground forces are not much bigger than the entire New York City police department.

We have American nuclear missiles right here on our soil. What for? Is Australia a pawn for the armies of the United States of America? Phil Donahue has been on the telly for years and has always made sense to my family. But Ron Paul also with the United States Constitution standing behind Him has shown me how far the Americans have drifted away from from the original founders ideas of the republic. Illegal wars and no weapons of mass destruction and the innocent killing of old men and women and children have been in common place in todays military mindset.

Did you know that our sister country will not let on nuclear powered ship in it,s harbors. That is New Zealand. Look at the starvation in Sudan and all throughout Africa.

But I guarantee you if Australia or America or Russia or China found immense oil deposits in starving Sudan, We would pour billions of dollars into the country and build cities brand new and hospitals and homes and flats and the food production would increase a thousand fold and the starvation rate would be about nil, would it not? Good old Greed is the best friend of the western developed world. Like all of the American presidents have said to protect America and her vital interests.

Yes sir Mr. Donahue, you and Mr. Ron Paul are so indeed right. But what answers do we have? We even in Australia are past the point of no return. Australia as I knew it from a little girl is no more. The United States GNP is now over shot as a 15 trillion dollar debt. And Mr. Rick Santorium is another war monger with out a brain.

I do not believe in all of this negative 2012 end of the world stuff. But as a child I saw a lot of Biblical style incidents that has caused me to embrace my Judeo/Christian heritage as an adult. Phil Donahue is a devout Roman Catholic along with his wife Marlo Thomas. That faith of his is his strength. There is not much hope in my reply, but a God given faith with a relationship with him is what we need. I am sorry Ron Paul, but we needed to hear you 30 years ago.
God bless all of you at Above Top Secret.
Shannon83

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I remember Donahue always protesting violent videogames and lyrics in songs (Marilyn manson) and I always assumed he was just another angry old man, but in later years I have actually been quite impressed with Phil. I wish he was in the media more often, actually.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join