It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another reason dogs rule: They know what you're thinking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dog (and cats too!) do have strong communcation senses, as all of us animal lovers know.

Rupert Sheldrake wrote an excellent book on the subject of extrasensory/telepathic abilities called Dogs Who Know WhenTheir Masters are Coming Home - Sheldrake's studies in the field of esp, in both humans and animals, is fascinating and deserves far more respect than many of the hidebound "skeptic" scientists are willing to give him.

And, naturally, no animals were harmed in his studies...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

That video was great! Even though I had no idea what they were saying, the narration was hilarious!
Smart dog with the common sense humans often lack.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by Afterthought

That is just absolutely mind blowing. I've never seen anything like it, except in movies. Anyone who claims dogs aren't self-aware after seeing that is a moron.
edit on 6-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It is intersting isn't is? I always intrigued by how they look at us sometimes.... Dogs are smarts and yes they an understand us by the look in their eyes...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dogs rule.............what more can I say.

I've spent most of my 58 years with dogs and not one of them has ever betrayed me.

Wish I could say the same for humans.

Again.............dogs rule.

They have all the noble morals and unconditional love that most people I have met lack.

They do not judge you on your social status, financial wealth (or lack there of), weight, age, physical beauty, religion, race, or any of the other silly things we judge people on.

No better friend can you have than a dog.
edit on 6-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

They run in front of moving vehicles because while they are noble of heart and soul, have no comprehension of car = danger many (not all).

Some breeds are better than others.

My sister had a tiny poodle that she could let out in the front yard potty and Sherri knew better than to even go near the street.

Give me a good old hunting dog, a Pointer............but as wonderful and sweet as they are - those that I have met NEED A FENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or on leash supervision.

Pointers were trained to focus on anything early man could throw in his soup pot and once they see or catch a whiff of something that can go in that soup pot, hell or highwaters they will go for it, no thought of their safety.

I've been humiliated and flamed, but there is nothing like a Pointer - but they need to be supervised exactly like you would a two year old.

My favorite Twilight Episode is "The Hunt".

If in the after life my dogs aren't welcomed, well I ain't a coming in either.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain
edit on 6-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dear Lord, please help me be the person my dogs think I am.

Dogs are truly amazing. They have a penchant for acurately perceiving a person's character. This is why most dogs, regardless of breed, are so well with (and protective of) children LINK.

My Great Pyrenees can detect a loser from over 200 yards away. My little super mutt terrier is very friendly but will completely avoid people that are of questionable character or motives. If you have a hard time with people, get a dog. I value the opinions of my dogs very much.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

Dear Lord, please help me be the person my dogs think I am.

I second that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Yes dogs truly are the better more forgiving gentle species,

Watch try this.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really still happy to see you?

My dogs will forgive me, but only after they give me hell for 5 minutes and bite my ankles and nose.

Then my wife will smack my head with the tire iron.

Not gonna try it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting post OP. I love dogs, but I'm currently owned by 3 amazingly intuitive felines.

Today for example, I went back to bed feeling really sorry for myself as I've been very unwell since Wednesday and I just can't shake whatever it is. In under 5 minutes all 3 came in to the bedroom and lay pressed up against different parts of my body (something they nearly never do together, and I always find it very comforting) and they lay there immobile until I had to get up to be sick again.

I believe that all our domesticated animals know a lot more about the world and about their human pets than we will ever give them credit for.

Rev

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dog Travel

I forgot about this, I remembered the Article about Moscow strays, they ride the subway, know the train schedule and will use the subway to get to place where they can get food, and than they return on the subway to their home...

“They are figuring out what we’re about and how they can game the system, and work it to their advantage as well.”

top topics

<< 1   >>

join