It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khan vs Peterson fixed fight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well dont know if many follow boxing but i lost money on this perticular fight there was alot of contoversy around it the time for the desisioin to take the altered score card,the dodgy reff deducting two points and now this.
twitter.com... this it khans witter where the revelations first arose.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
verry fishy indeed espesialy when the guy wit hat was in the ring celebrating with pertesons camp.
edit on 6-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

WOW!

Very interesting reading of the tweets!

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

A mysterious man, ringside, unidentified, and clearly violating the rules of boxing, and then a judging saying his cards didn't match up?

Nice conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's a screenshot of what he looks like exactly - Who knows, maybe someone here will recognize him.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/dr4f06f443.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as I know he's still unidentified, but according to Khan earlier on today he was seen later celebrating the victory with peterson. Here's an article discussing it: The "Mystery Man" Was Celebrating with Peterson

"The rule is: whenever the judges are working, no one is allowed to touch the judges' papers or scorecards.

"Were they scorecards? I don't know. That's the thing I want to know and that's the complaint I sent out. The WBA have promised me, within the next 24 hours, they're going to let me know exactly what happened."

The man is first seen sitting in the front row before being moved out of his seat by Walsh and to sit right by Khan's promoter Oscar de la Hoya, father Shah and business manager Asif Vali.

During the bout he moves back up to sit next to Walsh at the table where one of the three judges was stationed, and the discussions then started.

"They put a chair right in front of my dad, Oscar and Asif. I remember him sat there and at first they asked who he was," Khan said.

"He was told to leave that area because you need accreditation to be at ringside (so) he was told to leave - he wouldn't leave.

"Then, for some reason, he moved his chair right up to the judges table and was sat there throughout the fight
(Source)

And According to Khan:

"After watching it on tape, you see him around the same corner as Lamont Peterson's team, cheering with them and celebrating. "
(Source)

This will be very interesting if it turns out that this "mystery man" is affiliated with Peterson in some way.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Rising Against because: Typos.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whilst I admit this looks suspicious, having watched the fight, I think they got the right result.

Khan had points deducted for pushing and this would tally with the scores.

However, if the guy was anytning to do with the Peterson camp, then the only fair thing would be a re-match. Maybe Khan could then do what he should have done in the first instance?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

good post.

Pretty obvious that something " isn't right" ..

A child could figure it out if they read the facts presented in this post.

Hopefully the right thing is done. Sounds like the guy in hat was intimidating or threatening him though.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions on sky sports news here in the UK right now just said that they have confirmed this man did indeed work for the IBF but he was not assigned to this fight and he should not have been at ringside at that time - He definitely should not have been there.

I didn't catch all of the interview but I know he said he currently cannot disclose his name but I'm sure we'll all know it very soon.

He also just mentioned a few seconds ago that it was very unusual that he was celebrating with Peterson after the fight (A picture of him in the ring near the celebrating Peterson was also shown before the interview with Schaefer, I think they got it from Amir's twitter page). He, in his own words, also just said that he think's Khan should have his belt's back and the fight should be judged a "no content" due to the current controversy - although he made sure to talk about Khan's own willingness for a re-match.

Edit: This was a pretty big interview so it might be worth checking with youtube every few minutes as someone will undoubtedly upload it there soon.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Maybe Khan could then do what he should have done in the first instance?

Yep, any fighter that lets it go to the scorecards has no room to complain. There is an easy solution to that problem.

I also hate football coaches that let a game come down to a kicker.
You have 50+ hardened and dedicated football players on your team, leaving their guts on the field, and you want to let the results of a game hinge on the one skinny nerd sitting on the sidelines?
OK, OK, not all kickers are skinny nerds, I happen to love Janikowski, but the point is the same.

If you want to win, then finish the dam thing. Knock him out, or put your offense on the field and go for the win.

OP is still a great potential conspiracy though!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Boxing has a long history of fixed fights, why would you think anything changed? If a boxer is still standing after the final bell he can be judged the winner no matter how bad his performance was...that's assuming he didn't throw the fight for money or the promise of a better payday in the future or just because he was told to.

The most obvious one that I personally witnessed was when Michael Moorer took a dive while fighting George Foreman in '89. That was laughable.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

he is linked with peterson nhes in nthe ring whiy him right after the fight look at the daily ail link,is there any way to see betting trends,or is this just a home town win for peterson hoemtown juges ar alwys gona favour there guy

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

and we'll jst ignor lemmonts heavy head

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

wonder what betting trends were with peterson the outsider

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This fight wasnt a fixed fight just a perfect storm of stupitity from F Roach and Amhir .First .Takeing the fight in Washington Lammonts home town . Wher he was a rocky script ready to be written.Second seriously underestimating Lamoonts Heart srtength durability an infighting skilss an defence.F Roach is the best teainer in the world but .For ssome reASon all his fighters includeing the PACK Have difficulty with good bodypunchinh infighters .An cant defend or counter only grab or push.J Tonee was only F Roach gighter with an infight degence an efective counter offense.But he learned how to do that as an amatuer for years an was a pro long before teaming up with Roach.It was Khans pushing an fouling that cost him the fight.As the 2 point deduction stopped it from being a draw an him holding on to his belts.Plus if this fight had taken place anywher but htis Guys HOME TOWN .Khan would still be champion .Gooooooooooooooooood on both of them though like them both an enjoyed the bout

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

yes he was the referie not a judge he should not be abel to deduct point's willy nilly,he could have deducted far more points iff lemonts wasnt falling head first into him (out of uppercut or jab range),and to rub salt in the wounds peterson has appeled agint a rematch,is that how a true IBF,WBO champion woul react,it was wayday/night for alot of people,iv dug deep to find betting trens and its like the fight never happend,but nothig to see here just lense flare.......toung in cheek...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i take it you dont follow boxing?most of the time it does go to point's khan was too cocky and his pr team,iff you watch the fight from the momet the bell rings for round 6,the judge in question does not watch the fight but seems to be taking orders from mr mustaff.fixed people lost money but more important people made money,,thats what matters,well to them it is!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Oh, I follow boxing, and I know the bouts often go to the score cards, but in my opinion a boxer doesn't have much room to bitch if he lets it go to the cards.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It was a close fight. If the referee did not deduct a point on Amir Khan, It's either Draw or Khan for a win.

new topics

top topics

join