It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog found alive 4 days after Montana avalanche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
BAM

A dog that was feared dead after he was swept away in a weekend avalanche that killed his owner showed up four days later at the Montana motel where his owners had stayed the night before going back country skiing.

Search and rescue team member Bill Whittle said he was "positive" that the Welsh corgi — named Ole — had been buried in Saturday's avalanche.

"The avalanche guys were up there on Monday investigating and they were looking for the dog too and never seen any signs," he said.

But on Wednesday, Ole showed up exhausted and hungry back at the motel, four miles from where the slide occurred, the Billings Gazette reported.

"When I first saw the dog, it was sitting in front of their room staring at the door," Cooke City Alpine Motel owner Robert Weinstein said in an email to The Associated Press on Thursday.

NOTHING MAJOR...just a little something to bring a smile to your face this morning!

i love hearing stories like this. all too often you hear the sad ending to these stories...
edit on 1/6/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

This story does indeed go well with my morning coffee. Dogs amaze me. It's really our loss that they don't have the ability to speak. Here's to ole and all others like him!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

if i were given the opportunity to be able to communicate with any being in this world that i currently can't...it would be my dog!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Man that must have been tough for a corgi to go though any deep snow with those cute little legs. I'm glad he/she made it out of there though

top topics

join