It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elin Nordegren destroys perfect home...GASP!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Courtesy of Yahoo..
sports.yahoo.com...

THEN:

There are times when divorce forces people to do strange things. Burn sheets. Throw out clothes. Toss rings into the ocean. But when you get $100 million in your divorce, you can trump just about anything and that's what happened with Tiger Woods' ex-wife when she bought a $12 million home and bulldozed the whole thing.

NOW:

OMFG
edit on 6-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I bet he wishes he never cheated, rather.

He may not have won the Masters this year, but he is sure good at the Players championship.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I think it wasn't so much "never married her", it's more "should have stayed faithful".

It was all good till he stuffed it up.

link   
wow she threw a 12 million dollar fit?

ill laugh when she looses all that money

link   
I don't know, that's just brutal.

I was right there where she was. I know the anger. But, too go that far. Is unbelievable.

Dang, was that a beautiful home too.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Good for her. Let this be a lesson to all though.

Does any couple with 2 kids need a place that big?

I hope she builds a modest ranch style house and just enjoys walks and BBQ's on the property.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Now THAT redefines a Woman Scorned. My goodness... The demo guys must have been working in disbelief of what they were being paid to do.

Millions or no Millions..I don't think I'd want to even have dinner with a woman harboring a streak of vengeance that runs that deep. Wow....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i hope she telled him, it would of sucked to off been stood there with your keys in your hand wondering where the hell your house went.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
before its over tiger will become another AJ
and shell become another nicole

link   
reply to post by lifeform11

OMG, that would of been worse. Him coming home from a golfing tournament, expecting to go to a nice house, to get some rest, from his long trip.

Then: BAM:

Pulls up, and wonders where his house went.

Talk about jaw dropping.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You guys are misinterpreting this. She bought this property, its not their old house or anything. She had the house demolished because she didn’t like it, and can now build a new one in its place. This is a simple a matter of liking the piece of land but not liking the existing structure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow what would be her motive for bulldozing 12M to smithereens instead of selling the house or at very least donating materials to habitat for humanity? And to top it off many other spoiled rich beeches would have done the same while thousands of americans are homeless

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well the house was beautiful.

What was there not to like?

She's deranged.

Maybe that's why he cheated on her.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Guess cuz she has got Tiger's settlement money
to burn

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

When you have that kind of money you can demolish a house like that just because someone spilled a drink on the carpet.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I swear,

just mind boggling..

that house was beautiful.

Heck, I would of bought it, if I had the money.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It may have not been too crazy of a thing to do. The old three rules in real estate - location, location, location.

It looks nice on the outside by there might have been sometype of structural damage or just a very outdated design. When you get up to million properties - it's usually the location not the cost of materials. It will probably cost her an extra million (less than 10%) to rebuild the house exactly the way she wants.

In a very wealthy suburb near me, it was very common to tear down old homes (which look lovely from the outside) and rebuild. These were in the 500,000 to 1 million range.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

to quote your own source :

Elin Nordegren BOUGHTa $12 million home in North Palm Beach, Fla., but didn't like it, and has plowed the whole thing.

it has nothing whatsoever to do with tiger woods

she has bought this property purely for its LOCATION and the land that comes with it

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
can anyone verify this story? as to me at least it looks like the second photo is before construction of the house as the trees (which are in both photos) look smaller and there are more well grown trees in the background which are not in the first photo.

id say this was just poor journalism

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sorry, but at no point has Tiger ever owned, or lived in this home; no revenge or anything of the sort. It was purchased after the divorce settlement. Originally the plan was to renovate, but she decided to tear it down and build her 'dream home'. She reportedly felt it wasn't big enough for her and her family. (Not sure if it was a direct quote from her, it was on the local news) Tiger is currently living in their former home in Orlando while his mansion in Jupiter is being completed. He had previously lived in a separate home in Jupiter as well.

Back to the OP, I can't believe anyone would destroy such a beautiful, historic building. I guess when you don't actually earn any money, it's easy to throw around carelessly. But this is America, it's her money and she is free to do as she pleases with it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join