It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please listen...I want my friend to get some views

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OK....I want to ask everyone to go listen to my friend Viki sing....she has some youtube videos, and hasn't gotten many views....so I wanted to ask you if you have the time to go listen. I think she has a beautiful voice and deserves way more views than she has gotten. I would also ask that you be kind, and don't be critical....I just want to give her some encouragement and support. She's a really sweet and sensitive person, so please leave her a comment if you can...Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Done. Pretty singing...and aren't you a sweetie, too, SK!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

She has a really beautiful voice. I've never heard the song before, but I like it.
S&F, liked and subscribed

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Has your friend written any material of her own?

She has a nice voice but training can even improve on a great voice.

If she wants to peruse a career in singing, she can do it, not everyone is naturally gifted.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

No, I don't think so, but I'll ask her.... she was doing covers. She tried out for American Idol, but didn't make it all the way through... I want to encourage her to keep practicing and try again. We really only met recently, but I really want to see her get where she wants to go, because she has such potential IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thank you so much for doing that!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks! The song is "Take a Bow" by Madonna....one of my favorite songs.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

well the sound of her voice is pleasant, but she was a bit off key here and there and it doesn't sound as if she has any training or performance experience. also she appears to be sitting on the floor? that is a no no as it compresses her diaphragm and detracts from her singing. she has a good voice, with some training she may be really good.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'll be honest and say I don't like the song too much (not a Madonna fan here) but I can hear she has good voice control. As you rightly say, practice, practice, practice. She will get there in some shape or form even if it's not international mega-stardom. Small clubs and stuff can be fun too.

Good luck Viki!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Turbodog

No. she is not a professional singer...just made some youtube videos, and I think she was nervous too....but I think she has real potential. Something haunting about her voice, with some tweaking and practice, I know she can do it! I just want her to keep pursuing it, because it's her dream. Thank you so much for listening.....I know it will mean a lot to her!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks.....I appreciate you taking the time to listen! I like the tone of her voice. I'm not a huge Madonna fan, I like metal mostly, but if I'm in the mood for that kind of music, that's one of my favorites....I'm all over the place with music

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turbodog

well the sound of her voice is pleasant, but she was a bit off key here and there and it doesn't sound as if she has any training or performance experience. also she appears to be sitting on the floor? that is a no no as it compresses her diaphragm and detracts from her singing. she has a good voice, with some training she may be really good.

There is (or used to be) a statue of an angel in a German city (Berlin?). The angel was standing straight and holding its arms straight out in front of it with its arms straight, shoulders back and palms upward. This is taken as an example of the perfect posture for singing.

Also if you are running out of breath, you can get a little more air out by dropping your shoulders.

These are the sort of things that you can learn from a vocal trainer.

Of course it is often a struggle, especially if you are just starting and haven't built up your control, but it is really a worthwhile thing to learn. 'Specially if you already have the pipes!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You know, that is the kind of advice I think she will appreciate....I'll tell her that. Thanks!

join