It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Anchor Calls Out Ron Paul Over Anti-Huntsman Tweet: Not ‘Super Presidential’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This made me laugh a bit...and yes it is another Ron Paul thread...so the Ron Paul haters need not comment if your offended!

During the Iowa caucuses Tuesday night, we reported on a tweet sent out under Ron Paul’s username and directed at fellow Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman.

“We found your one Iowa voter, he’s in Linn precinct 5 you might want to call him and say thanks,” it said.

The message was deleted from Paul’s account shortly thereafter, and then put back up almost as quickly. Huntsman hasn’t responded under his own username.

Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien questioned Paul on the message, quoting it to him and asking if he sent it.

“Well, I didn’t quite understand even what you just read, but obviously I didn’t send it,” Paul responded. “I haven’t talked about Jon Huntsman in a long time, so I don‘t know what’s going on there.”

news.yahoo.com...

Supposedly this was meant as humor...and not a poke at Huntsman...so what do you think?

edit on 5-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

edit on 5-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i think whoever is in charge of his twitter account needs a new job ASAP

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
John Huntsman had a laugh about it, he's not offended
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I don't care either way if he wrote it,

all I know is it made me literally bust out laughing.
i even rotfl'd a little!

if Paul wrote it, props to him because that's good stuff right there!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

I saw that too..."At the end of the day..." well seems he wasn't offended and found it humorous too!

I have to agree though...whoever is in charge of his twitter account needs to be run off!

ETA: Thanks for posting the video!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a nice ad that popped up on the ATS site...anyone want to sign this petition?

Seems there is no end to trying to slander Ron Pauls name...I expect it from CNN...but dang...now it is on my favorite site too!

ETA: I know ATS is not responsible for the advertising on this site and the ads are random!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Agreed. I want to see a head roll on this one, with a swift announcement. I can't believe Benton came out defending it.

There's a time and place for braggadocio and saving face, but I don't consider this one of those times. An amateurish mistake by the campaign, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

There's a time and place for braggadocio and saving face, but I don't consider this one of those times. An amateurish mistake by the campaign, IMHO.

Agreed...this is most definitely a amateurish mistake...and the ropes need to be tightened up for those in his campaign...time to fire some people!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

sad to say, most of the time Ron Paul's worst enemy seems to be his supporters.
he has such broad appeal, it makes sense that hes going to have a bunch of wackos and jackasses thrown in the mix.. and who do the media-whores love to jabber on about most? certainly not the rational majority.

having those people around working in his campaign doesnt seem to be the best idea. certainly not in the social media spots. shoulda learned that from the newsletter nonsense.
its crazy.. this is the second time Paul has made this mistake of allowing some idiot to say retarded crap under his name.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I almost have to wonder if it isn't intentional...I mean it seems that after the first time Ron's staff would have made sure this didn't happen again...and yet it did!

Surely there would be no chance of sabotage in his campaign...but you have to wonder with something like this happening again!

I know that is a large allegation to make...but it might just be the case!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

did you click on it?
petition to what? lol

that ad gives me a freaking migraine its so stupid. more-so because i know there are people out there who will look at it and approve of its existence.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

that thought entered my mind too when i first read this story. just the fact that someone else deleted it, and then it was reposted?? whats that about? how does that happen?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That was my point in posting it in this thread...it is on topic...more bashing Ron Paul which I believe is the media throwing stones again...making sure that Ron Pauls name is in the mud before this campaign is over.

CNN is guaranteed to slam Paul...but it doesn't stop there!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I looked up the definition:

Super Presidential: To have extra-marital affairs while serving as President of the United States, to completely lose all convictions and break all campaign promises on your first day as President and instead serve the agenda of central bankers, to realize that as a puppet you might as well have fun by spending lavish amounts of tax payer money on golf vacations and sightseeing.

Did I cover it?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thats okay we had plenty of super presidents, a regular president will be just fine.

Notice how the msm loves to criticize paul for things other people say? Im sure that guy was fired or reprimanded unlike atf agents that were shipping guns to mexico. Yes, id much rather have a president than a super president

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Huntswho?
Huntsman last I heard was a guy in a fairytale.
But really, the guys voter turnout was a joke at best.
Now whether some are hurt or not, whomever sent out the tweet was spot on I think.
So, why the tidal wave from a puddle?
Mmmmhm msm is why.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You said,

ads are random

Much like the hyping of the tweet, this was not random.
Product placement is very important.
Now if you meant, ATS did not put this ad up, that is possible.
I did get a good chuckle off that one though.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You know actually...now that I think about it...a guy can't keep up with his own twitter account and I am hoping he keeps track of our government...yikes!

I can hear it now..."Well that wasn't me...I didn't know congress passed that."

I for one support Ron Paul...but this is kind of crazy...and judging by the response to this thread...it's news that people don't want to hear...should have thought twice before posting it...but it speaks for itself!

Always use caution when posting ill news about Ron Paul on ATS!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Huntsman said he's ready to re-tweet Paul with some zingers when the time is right. But difference is, I bet RP won't go running to Mommy (MSM) when it happens!

If Ron Paul left the toilet seat up they would say that's why he's unelectable!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Only the MSM would make this a big deal
Wow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join