It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Ron Paul not just another puppet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There is a lot of hype surrounding Ron Paul, I'm not from the US so haven't really been following the campaigns but I know there is a lot of backing for him and people think he really is different. I have heard some his speeches and if he is genuine he would be good for the US. But didn't this happen with Barack Obama?

If the powers that be have such a strong grip over your government then why do you think Ron Paul will have any say, if any president is just a selected puppet then why do you put so much faith in Ron Paul who by definition can only be A) Genuine and therefor destined not to become president as his agenda would conflict with theirs or B) Is not genuine and used to give you false hope and belief in your government.

Just curious as to why people get so hyped up about it but seem to think the they are only puppets anyway?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I am fairly sure it is just people putting their last bit of faith in the American Institution into one last election.

I honestly think the best thing that could happen is that Ron Paul get elected and then turn state servant.

That would be the only thing left to make people fight back on their own.

If he doesn't get elected, they will say that they will have to wait for their next chance...

If he gets elected and holds to his promises, TPTB would just wait a few years and continue as planned.

Only Ron Paul turning Ron Puppet would open the eyes of the last few people holding on to empty hope that someone else will fix their problems for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well I've been thinking...

Maybe Ron is really a card they put there a long time ago "just in case" and that the situation is perfect to have him fulfill his "destiny" determined by the illuminati.

I doubt they mind planing in the long run, who knows?

Ron Paul might be their final card
or
He might really be for real
edit on 5-1-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If Dr Paul was in the puppet theater, he would get more and better spotlight.

So he is not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

How much attention did Obama get before the main election?

About the same amount as Ron Paul...

The only difference being Paul has been trying for a run at the presidency for years, and Obama came out of nowhere.

Just my $.02 (and accounting for current inflation, that isn't much!
)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Looking back on what I've seen amongst politicians throughout my life, I'd say that the one thing that separates Dr. Paul from the rest of the "puppets" is that he has only flip-flopped ONCE! ~and that was on the issue of the death penalty!

Can you say that about any other candidate? Can you say that any of them don't have a history of changing stances on issues right after they received a large contribution from some powerful corporation?

Answer that for me, and I will answer more fully why "Crazy Uncle Ron" isn't "just another puppet"...

Edit to add: both your A) and B) questions were rooted in an idea that we don't have the ability to actually elect our officials in this country. While that certainly might be the case, I hope that isn't true, as our only option then would be violent revolution. Nobody here wants to see that.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Looking back on what I've seen amongst politicians throughout my life, I'd say that the one thing that separates Dr. Paul from the rest of the "puppets" is that he has only flip-flopped ONCE! ~and that was on the issue of the death penalty!

Can you say that about any other candidate? Can you say that any of them don't have a history of changing stances on issues right after they received a large contribution from some powerful corporation?

Answer that for me, and I will answer more fully why "Crazy Uncle Ron" isn't "just another puppet"...

Edit to add: both your A) and B) questions were rooted in an idea that we don't have the ability to actually elect our officials in this country. While that certainly might be the case, I hope that isn't true, as our only option then would be violent revolution. Nobody here wants to see that.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

I can't answer that for you I am afraid. I am not suggesting that he is, I am just asking out of curiosity because of comments I have heard before such as "it doesnt matter who you vote for, they are run by_____ (insert higher power here)" and to asnwer your other question that is my point. That is why I say by definition there can only be two outcomes, but if there is no puppet master so to speak then you can add c) he's genuine and the US public will decide.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Three very small words:

End. The. Fed. (but really, you HAVE to understand what the Fed really is and just how powerful it is before you realize the significance of his personally drafted "audit the fed" legislation)

And for good measure:

* Voting record (consistent, anti-establishment)

* Campaign Funding (grassroots)

* He does NOT let lobbyists into his congressional office (love you Ron)

Soooooooooo ...

enough said

PLEASE consider him for your future POTUS

Regards,

FTE

ETA: Hmmm ... it's all about money apparently. Federal Reserve, lobbyists, funding ... my poster name should be followthemoney

edit on 5-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Just for the record, this issue has been beaten to death on ATS.

But, youre correct in that almost all are puppets.

Obama is completely different in that 1) the media loved him and 2) he had no history.

There was no reason to trust Obama. We cant look at a 30 year old video of Obama upholding the same principles he did then as he is now.

Unlike Obama, Ron Paul has served for 24 years so we already know if he can be trusted.

Even if a person was to follow their gut instinct, it should be obvious to anyone whos not mentally handicapped that Ron Paul is a good decent man.

Lets hope this is the first year out of many where we are puppet free. Its definitely our last.

edit on 5-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
1 consistant and transparent voting record
2 mainstream hates him
3 He is not a politician.

This should be the biggest reason. The difference between a politician and a person who cares is the politician is always out for himself and his wealthy friends. The person who cares is selfless and wants the best for the community and the world. The world is changing. We have to think of others and let greed be the poison that kills those unenlightened, unevolved souls, so we can foster peace for a better future. In the eighties, greed was cool, greed was good. Everybody laughed and thought it was funny but I bet a lot of those people who laughed at that, are crying right now, standing in the unemployment lines and worrying about how they are going to cover the rent this month. Ron Paul is a genuine human being who cares about you and cares about America. Ask yourself, are any of the other “politicians” really out for you and ready to fight for you or even die for you or do they just remind you of the lyrics from the song, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."?

also

ron paul has quite the reputation around congress that he cant be bought.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The reason Ron Paul cannot be lumped in with all the other lying politicians is he has one thing all the others do not; a 30 year track record of walking his talk with honesty integrity and consistency! he will do exactly what he says he will do and you can trust he will because he always has and his message has not changed with the wind like the others.

PS don't feed the trolls...
edit on 5-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When was the last time a politician was serious about ending the federal reserve system? Other than newt who just did it to sound like ron paul. So ron paul is the real puppet master ha forcing candidates to sound more conservative.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Not necessarily, it depends on the attention that he gets if he surges in the late primary and then again in the general election. Presently he is the solid anti-establishment candidate...but what if suddenly he wins a state primary that he wasnt supposed to win (back room machinations?) and then the media suddenly gets marching orders to focus on him and then the more establishment sheeple follow in step. Seems far-fetched but TPTB knows how to manipulate mankind and this would be a true coup if they could pull it off. Then President Paul would lead the people of the USA right into the NWO and they would willingly follow: global governance by technocrats, one world currency backed by a basket of non-perishable commodities (esp gold), the resultant severe devaluation of the dollar and concomitant austerity on the american people. Seems far fetched?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In the final analysis I don't agree with Paul on some fundamental points.

But I got a kick out of him calling Gingrich a chicken hawk. That's calling it like it is and using an accurate term that probably hasn't been used in public discourse since the sixties.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I believe in Ron Paul. But I'll play the game.

Ron Paul hangs around in the GOP race longer than anticipated and manages gain more attention than ever. Grassroots support goes viral and donates the money needed for Ron to run as an independent. Ron gets more speaking time than ever on national tv and in debates with only 2 other presidential candidates to share it with. Fabricated conflicts with Iran "escalating" all the while. It becomes 2 pro war guys against 1 anti-war guy, and Ron blows up, destroying Obama and Romney in every poll and the domino effect becomes unstoppable. Thousands upon thousands of people at his victory speech will be chanting "End the Fed" with the same inflection they said "Yes we can!" four years ago. Then nothing changes and Paul acts like Obama.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Nope, does not seems far fetched....

The problem is... If true:
- How and where to find someone who isn't "inside" one way or the other, and still is capable of changing the system?
- How to know for sure?
- And how many time do we have left..?

So.. maybe boring: But the best of the worst, or benefit of the doubt.. Is what I give him.

new topics

top topics

join