It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by BrokenCircles

do not know what is going on.
Hmmm.I think they well know,the problem is they cannot return back do other choices.

Back it up then. Give a reason as to why you 'think' that.

I gave a couple examples of logical possibilities that some people can die without knowing it is happening. If you disagree, then tell me why. Give me a reason to even consider that your thought may be plausible. If you cannot do that, then I have no use attempting to discuss anything at all with you.

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Well you came here asking for opinions and you seem to be rejecting every one.
Agreed

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"Oh, Wow! Oh, Wow! Oh, Wow!"
-Steve Jobs

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If you disagree, then tell me why
Because no one know what we feel in the exact moment of death.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How does your brain which has no activity (EEG), your heart which isn't beating (no blood), nor your lungs breathing (no oxygen) is able to experience this "'___' trip" in full? Isn't the common scientific belief that the brain holds consciousness? So how does a molecule that sets into a receptor site work if the apparatus is disconnected so to speak? Wouldn’t the brain need to be functioning for it to work? And wouldn’t once the brain “dies” would also the effect of this chemical also no longer work?

And how would one account for some NDE's experiencers being able to recall, after the fact, details that were happening at that moment (after being declared dead) outside of your viewpoint and vision which were then confirmed by others? The "'___' is giving the brain happy chemicals to make death easier" theory does not hold up to many unexplainable events that has happened and will continue to happen after regardless of our desperation to explain it away through materialistic realism.

If that were the case then wouldn't scientists or your typical mind explorer be able to mimic the effect by taking large amounts of '___'? And what is '___' anyway? Why is it so life changing and why do people feel that it is something very real, possibly real-er than everyday experience and why is it of such necessity for governments all over the world to ban it's use? These are questions that need real answers.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Agreed
mmmm,.candy,I love when I am contested.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

my great uncle has just passed today with a smile on his face
goodbye fred lewis

so id say you must feel at peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

If you disagree, then tell me why
Because no one know what we feel in the exact moment of death.

Well some do and express it. But none of us know in our own cases what it will be like. We have to go by faith and belief that all the greats went before, and some hidden unknown heros and children, so to not fear the unkown.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

so id say you must feel at peace
God rest him in peace,as all the human beings that are not with us on this planet.I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

i had a close call a few years ago, i was in a car accident and came within centimeters of being decapitated by a fence post...as i saw the fence post coming through the window (in slo-mo, of course), i had the flashback over my life, and felt an overwhelming sense of what i can only call relief, and submission to something completely natural and norma, the ultimate and inevitable conclusion of my life. i felt as if any anger, fear or grief would be totally inappropriate, as they wouldn't change what i thought was going to happen. of course, afterwards when i survived, i had all those feelings, times ten!

i know it's not really the same thing, but thought it might shed some light on the subject....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by feanor411

i know it's not really the same thing, but thought it might shed some light on the subject....
It is very important to share all our experiences,to put all those together in order to try to reach a conclusion.So it's a brick for the wall.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've been legally pronounced dead before...

When I'm ready to talk about it I'll post it here, its still kind of an issue for me... and unfortunately I have to figure it out before I'm ready.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

so to not fear the unkown.
But we fear because we all are mortal beings.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

thankyou

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would imagine the only thing that a human feels at that exact point of death is(if they are awake) is soiled underwear.

Unless you know you are about to die that is.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

I would imagine
Let's leave it that way.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

im guessing euphoria, understanding, acceptance, calm. this from death of natural causes (i hope). but i spose it all depends from what your death will come from. a skydivers shoot dosent open might have a different feeling than some one that has been blown up in battle, or some one hit buy a dumptruck and some one about to die from cancer will have different feelings about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

it all depends from what your death will come from.
yes it all depends how fast or how slow we die,but the stairs to heaven(or hell) are the same for all!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't know that the clock time is a very specific message other than that TIME HAS RUN OUT . . . and that everyone's will.

I believe the feelings are basically two

as indicated by a vast amount of NDE experiences:

1. PEACE

or

2 FEAR--EXTREME TERROR.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

FEAR--EXTREME TERROR
That is all the people are afraid of,those who realize their sins are the road to hell, those are the happy one.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Depends entirely on what they have been thinking and feeling as their "Modus Operandi" during life.

Scared of death or ignored it very frightened.

A bully and aggressive, very angry and hateful as you see the thoughts and feelings of others in reality to you, and that you are now, no way in control.

Loving Kind and Thoughtful, thought of death dealt with any guilt and fear, have some type of spiritual or "guidance system" good values, honesty and respect for life, nothing to be really ashamed of that you have not dealt with,

well what do you think?

Love

Elf
edit on 4-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: readability grammah

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join