It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Millenial Reign of Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
A rather interesting thought just occured to me. If Peter and Baranabas are correct and that 1000 years is like a day to God, when Jesus comes to reign in his glorified body for "1000 years", would time still pass by for him the same as it does for him in heaven? If that is so then if my calculations are right he could actually reign for 365 million years here on earth if his millenial reign is keyed to his Godhood. Dunno what made me think of this, it just popped in my head.

This is going to take some hardcore biblical scholars to ponder this out, because when it comes to it, i don't seriously think thats an idea anyone has ever considered before.

Stay on topic, any attempts to derail this thread will be met with petitions to have your post removed. Play nice and respect fellow members thoughts and ideas please.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Correct me if im wrong...

but i don't believe our Sun will last that long...

Of course im no scientist... but that is what i've heard.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

could you post your calculations, because I really dont know how you came up with that number.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Anim8tr because: btw I came up with 365 000

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well, at least as far as Peter goes, he's talking about time basically being meaningless to God, but if we want to get literal, he also reverses it:

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

So perhaps it's equally likely Christ will reign on earth for a single day, if it's a prophecied millenial kingdom.

edit on 1/2/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

A rather interesting thought just occured to me. If Peter and Baranabas are correct and that 1000 years is like a day to God, when Jesus comes to reign in his glorified body for "1000 years", would time still pass by for him the same as it does for him in heaven? If that is so then if my calculations are right he could actually reign for 365 million years here on earth if his millenial reign is keyed to his Godhood. Dunno what made me think of this, it just popped in my head.

This is going to take some hardcore biblical scholars to ponder this out, because when it comes to it, i don't seriously think thats an idea anyone has ever considered before.

Stay on topic, any attempts to derail this thread will be met with petitions to have your post removed. Play nice and respect fellow members thoughts and ideas please.

if you were traveling the Heavens aka Space at near light speeds then 1000 years here on earth would be only around 1 day for you in your spaceship. Chalk 1 up for ancient astronaut theory

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If Peter and Baranabas are correct . . .

If you mean the so-called books, then no, since they were not actually written by the people they were named for.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Let me first begin by saying I am biblical fundamentalist, meaning that the Bible can be taken literally word for word.

2 Peter 3: 8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This is one of the most misinterpreted verses of scripture for end-times predictors and is often used in "Harold Camping" like calculations. There is no such thing as a private interpretation of scripture, however, any serious study of scripture demands that the bible be interpreted in context. Any scripture removed from it's context can be misused to allegedly prove a point. Upon examination of 2 Peter what is being discussed is the certainty of the end times as prophesied by scripture.

Paraphrasing the context here is what is being discussed:

We Christians are being reminded to remember prophecy and that indeed the end times prophecies will come true. In the last days people will say that Christians are silly for believing in such superstitions. The people in the last days won't believe in things like the flood of Noah. Christians have been saying that the world was going to end forever but nothing ever changes. But when you are persecuted and ridiculed remember that God's promises and Word are true. God isn't slack concerning his promises and remember with God a day is like 1000 years. God doesn't want any one to die and go to hell so He lingers hoping to give everyone a chance to come to the saving grace and knowledge of Christ. But when the end comes it will come without warning and the earth shall be destroyed by fire. So take this time that God through grace has given you and seek His ways and spread his Gospel.

2Peter 3:8 tells us that God exists outside of space time and that time is meaningless to Him. When you are an Eternal being what is 1000 years in the scope of eternity? This verse could have used any number 100, 1000, 1,000,000, 1,000,000,000 etc. This verse is no different than me saying that it feels like every day I work in this office feels like 100 years.

The point on 2Peter is not to lose hope. When the world says you are crazy you can rest assured but choosing to believe in God that your faith is not misplaced. God will return when it is best and fulfills His plan. As finite beings we do not have access to the big picture so when you get frustrated and see all the moral decay around us in this world today don't lose hope. I believe this chapter is written to us today. I look around at this world an wonder why the Lord tarries. I am in my late thirties and honestly in my early twenties I would have thought the Lord would have come back by now. No one knows when the Lord is coming and as I get older i realize it may not be in my lifetime but none of that matters. As Christians we are supposed to be always ready Christ could return tonight or 1,000 years from now. Like a teenager whose parents are out of town we can either be good and when the parents return home they are happy with us, or we could be the bad teenager that throws a house party and the parents are mad when they get home. People who are preoccupied with dates want to be the teenager that throws the house party but knows when the parents are coming home so they have time to clean and appear like a good kid. We are told the coming of the Lord will be like a "thief in the night". I have never known of a thief to place a reservation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

According to WMAP they say the universe is around 12-14 billion years and that our solar system is 4.5 billion and our sun has oh another 7 billion years left. So 365 million is a drop in the bucket.

However, I agree with you but for different reasons. I believe our solar system and dare I say our universe is in the neighborhood of 6000-7000 years old. I am not an astronomer or scientist but rather believe the Bible to be true. God was there at creation not Carl Sagan or Stephen Hawking etc. Modern science throws out such huge numbers that it is impossible to wrap our minds around. But even with these astonishing numbers I believe if the big bang and evolution were true that billions of years is not enough time. Entropy is probably occurring much more quickly than our modern day scientists believe.

Don't take this post as anti-science but the problem with modern day science is that is totally discounts Biblical assumptions.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, ok....but what about the theory of "Eternity". Eternity, by definition is the absence of "time"....or the absence of a record of time. So could'nt that scripture also be interpreted to mean that "time simply does not apply to God"....??? Of course we know that time doesnt apply to God, but I mean I can see it your way too......I'm just posing an alternative view here......If I had to take a stab at that scripture, without stretching too far......I'd say it simply tells us time doesnt matter to God, because He's always right on time with whatever He does anyway....He's God. I still havent been swayed to believe that particular scripture is meant to be used as a "measuring stick" between the differences of time in Heaven and time on Earth.......but I'm not saying its not possible either.....just that the way I have come to understand it seems simplest and makes easy sense?? Sometimes we all are guilty of overcomplicating God.....He's most definitey complex!! But at the same time so simple
He's that awesome!! Not arguing, just thinking outside the box!

edit on 2/1/2012 by PROT3CTOR because: had to add some clarification

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
365 million years to"reign" over the earth,the peoples of the planet,or all living creatures.
What happens after we all die and "go to heaven" for eternity.
Reign would be a term used by people wishing it upon themselves,in my opinion.

Remove my post ,if you will,that is fine with me,but it would not be very christian like to not be opened minded and question your faith.
Take a step back from your book,the Bible,as it is written,because there are many discrepancies and the sources and authors are questionable.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey man, I'm not going to hate on you.....I believe in the freedom to disagree!!
You have your beliefs and I have mine....I think its just fine. As long as people are'nt belittling others or putting others down.....I welcome anyones thoughts! That why America USED to be awesome!.....its not so much anymore

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

You figure more Christians would realize that passage is a figure of speech meaning that God is not of our time. Hence the word "like" in the passage.

*facepalm*

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR

You are right! Time is more a construct that the brain/mind makes up. But only in a human brain, as an animal doesnt have sense of time as well. This is because we have have a left and a right brain, mimicking our mind/soul relationship. Asension is basically going towards the place where time doesnt excist or our true selves and reside with God (collective consciousness) by understanding and using the brain and let your soul/higher
consciousness guide you to progression, love and happiness ...

This progress goes in different stages, not time perse. Basically one soul could do 1 stage, or cycle, in 200 earth years (3 human lives),while another will do it it 1/3 of his life and go on to the next cycle in 1 human life.
In the first case the internal/external reality of a person will stay basically the same and in the 2nd case there will be enourmes internal and external changes in his lifetime. ALL is relative
You see that the notion of time has become distorted and purposely by those who dont want to progress to the next cycle of evolution. In our case here on earth right now it would be TPTB, but it is more multi-dimensional and multi-facted to an extend that the beginning is the end so I wont go into that now.

With humans the mind is preventing the progression of the evolving of consciousness as it was (is) largely unaware, on a global consciousness scale, of the nature of reality.Also due to the cabal/church that kept vital information away from us.
This progress goes in different stages, not time. Basically one soul could do 1 stage, or cycle, in 200 earth years (3 human lives),while another will do it it 1/3 of his life and go on to the next cycle in 1 human life.
You see that the notion of time has become distorted and purposely by those who dont want to progress to the next cycle of evolution. In our case here on earth right now it would be TPTB, but it is more multi-dimensional and multi-facted to an extend that the beginning is the end so I wont go into that now.

2012 is the beginning of daylight (after a period of darkness)as our awareness of the reality of consciousness is being awakened or remembered if you will, as the scales of mind/soul are now in favor of the soul
It is all natures plan of creating and evolving consciousnesses on a multi-dimensional level.
All of our reality is consciousness, our own entirely, You literally make your own reality, there is only you and there are archtypes of the part of you that you are unaware of, these are the other gods in the making if you will, participating in your own reality for experience and growth.Not too unsimilar to a multiplayer game, but in a way we cannot even imagine.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Senser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by Praetorius

You figure more Christians would realize that passage is a figure of speech meaning that God is not of our time. Hence the word "like" in the passage.

*facepalm*

I know that, and you don't have to be so rude and condescending about it, it was a "what if" question that you clearly did not get

"/facepalm"

new topics

top topics

join