It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tao of The Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Then Tao Thought "GOD!!! AM I BORED!"
And blew itself to infinity.

Then Tao Thought "BORED! I AM GOD!!!"
And blew itself infinitely.

Then Tao Thought "BORING! YOU BE GOD!!!"
And forever forgot to blow.

Then Tao Thought "GOD!!! ARE YOU BORING!"
And forever taught to blow.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ok,Have you been reading The Tao of Pooh?

I read it many years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
at first I thought this is a really great joke but then I found out this is a real thing xD

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ah, I as well have read both The Tao of Pooh, and its later companion book, The Te of Piglet. Enjoyed both immensely. Great books and recommend them often to those seeking a very lighthearted but genuine big picture view of Taoist philosophy.

As far as the OP goes, not sure he or she has read them.

edit on 1/2/2012 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I never read the Te of Piglet,but I would imagine I would enjoy it also.

The Tao of Pooh is a great,easy to understand book and introduction into Taoism.
Just kind of opens your mind up to different possibilities.

Taoism (also spelled Daoism) refers to a philosophical or religious tradition in which the basic concept is to establish harmony with the Tao (道), which is the mechanism of everything that exists. The word "Tao" (or "Dao", depending on the romanization scheme) is usually translated as "way", "path" or "principle", although the word also means "nature" as in the nature of all things as well as the natural world. Taoism had not only a profound influence on the culture of China, but also on neighboring countries. While the philosophical Taoism is not institutionalized, the religious Taoism is institutionalized and present in multiple countries. Taoist philosophy is deeply rooted in contemporary China, and is an unavoidable part of modern Chinese life.[1]

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
at first I thought this is a really great joke but then I found out this is a real thing xD

You gracefully and truthfully plumbed the depths of its meaning.

Did you notice?

Originally posted by Open2Truth
As far as the OP goes, not sure he or she has read them.

Every mark made to describe Tao only further obscures Tao unless you already see Tao.

Tao is seen more in what is not written, than what is written.

Thus when Tao attempts to write about itself, its attempts are most clear when it writes the least of all.

This is one attempt to use the English language and thought structure, but express it in the simplicity and increased clarity that one gets with Chinese ideograms. Each part able to be broken down into "mind images" that communicate far more than a word with a defined definition. When the mind images of the poem/statement are finally seen clearly, the words can be shed entirely and the meaning of the writing is finally seen in fully clarity.

But as constrained to conventional expression in writing whether in ideogram or coded letters, it is constrained by the duality of the medium. So it falls into a "Thought" moment, and a "Action" moment... but leaves out the most important part... the "Now" moment.

That moment is left for the reader to contemplate in view of the 4 forces of Thought and Action feeding into the Now moment.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
For the purpose of the expression in this Now we are sharing, the original post is utilizing the "common meaning" the culture it was expressed into has for "Apocalypse": en.wikipedia.org...

An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

this is completely ridiculous proving more how it is all lies

god cant b existing if there is no objective existence fact from his absolute still perspective, and if objective is then god cant b bored at all, on the contrary he would b running to avoid reality and stay free, only conscious and truth is the reason of more superior ones behaviors that force themselves to support what they cant handle nor bare

i am proving how god is not true so god concept cant exist in constancy fact of existence

if free one exist then it would b the opposite of a creator in absolute terms so not possible at all

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

The OP makes no statements or claims about the existence of God.

---

You seem to enjoy cluttering threads with responses that aren't related to what you are responding to. This seems to be due to a language barrier, especially since you are choosing to dive into threads where extremely subtle nuances in language have significant impacts on the conversation going on and information being exchanged.

Please consider spending more time trying to understand what people are saying, not what your confined awareness of the language seems to currently provide you. There is much more depth going on in the discussions you are trying to participate in than you currently respond to because you react to the surface words and aren't also seeing the context.
edit on 2012/1/3 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

please consider enjoying your threads by respecting others contributions in free terms that never mean discussions with urself, plz consider that language is before u learnt to speak so subtility of it is not in ur pocket nor does that site public forum value is smthg that u possess

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I accept the catalyst/viewpoint you offer. I have each time you have responded. I simply offer my own in return regarding any desire you may have to communicate.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

The OP makes no statements or claims about the existence of God.

---

You seem to enjoy cluttering threads with responses that aren't related to what you are responding to. This seems to be due to a language barrier, especially since you are choosing to dive into threads where extremely subtle nuances in language have significant impacts on the conversation going on and information being exchanged.

Please consider spending more time trying to understand what people are saying, not what your confined awareness of the language seems to currently provide you. There is much more depth going on in the discussions you are trying to participate in than you currently respond to because you react to the surface words and aren't also seeing the context.

I tried to give this response more than one star...lol...

However, it's a futile effort. Absolutely futile.

From chaos to harmony and back again.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Mah kitteh mayon haz 24 taos.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Heh... no worries. And thank you.

The idea being communicated has been refined some more and integrated into an HTML format I enjoy using:
www.greygoof.com...

Copied and pasted below. This is the "final" version of the poem/perspective as best can be displayed here. The HTML version is the most "true to the point" to me, but it loses a bit of flavor that the original has that I also like.

Tao Te Apocalypse

Then Tao Thought...
"GOD! I AM BORED!!!"
And blew itself to infinity.

Then Tao Thought...
"BORED! I AM GOD!!!"
And blew itself infinitely.

Then Tao Thought...
"BORING! YOU BE GOD!!!"
And forever forgot to blow.

Then Tao Thought...
"GOD! YOU BE BORING!!!"