It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn (without Teller) presents the atheist's view on presidential candidates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nails...it...on...the...!!!

Everyone's entitled to their belief, it's a basic right...but it's kind of sad to see politicians being forced to say things that are DEMONSTRABLY BAT# CRAZY. How on earth did we get to the point where someone running for president of the United States (or anywhere else for that matter) claims his underpants are magical? The same guy who for crying out loud will have the nuclear code!!!

Or a woman who runs (we all know who) claiming people dying of famine or some natural catastrophe is a sign of god???? For crying out loud, we know how storms and hurricanes happen!!! We don't live 100BC!

And best of all, 4 of them claim god told them to run!!! Are they telling us god is hedging his bets? Does he have money on candidates? Can't he just rig it? And why doesn't he give the candidates he asks to run the RIGHT ANSWERS instead of a lot of crap that's demonstrably wrong?

Why on earth would the guy/girl/thing that created the entire universe give a rat's ass about US politics??? It's obvious that even if he exists (big if in my opinion, but you're entitled to disagree), he kinda supports all kinds of governments throughout the world...that is, if he really influenced politics. The entire thought that something like this would matter makes ZERO sense!!! Those politicians are EXPLOITING your belief!!

As Penn says:

Either they believe in magical underpants, a god causing natural disasters to "make a point", and other complete nonsense...in which case they'd be bat# insane...or they're simply lying to because that's apparently what it takes to win the election. Given that they have the nuclear codes, I really hope it's option 2....yes, I HOPE they are lying because people believing in magical underpants should NOT be able to fire nuclear weapons!

In short: Can we PLEASE stop forcing them to say ridiculous stuff? Please?

I mean, even that Pat Robertson guy, one of the most extreme preacher dudes (remember, Haiti was the wrath of god??) says the stuff they're currently saying is so craaaaaaazy that it will cost them the election.

I'm obviously mostly talking about the current GOP candidates, but it's the same for Democrats. As Penn notes correctly, nobody referenced the bible more than Clinton!
edit on 2-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
At 1:35 is where this lost me....

... Obama is wicked smart, he's a wicked good talker, uhh there is no doubt in my mind that his heart is in the right place. Unfortunately I think that about almost every President we've had. But... I think he wants to do good, I don't think there's any malicious quality to him at all....

Then it just gets a lot worse from there folks. It may make you angry if you have a working clear headed brain. I hate Penn, I really really do, I'd love to meet him in person just to tell him how much I despise him.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Both are Americans so i am not realy interested. Pair of fannys.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
At 1:35 is where this lost me....

... Obama is wicked smart, he's a wicked good talker, uhh there is no doubt in my mind that his heart is in the right place. Unfortunately I think that about almost every President we've had. But... I think he wants to do good, I don't think there's any malicious quality to him at all....

Then it just gets a lot worse from there folks. It may make you angry if you have a working clear headed brain. I hate Penn, I really really do, I'd love to meet him in person just to tell him how much I despise him.

How about sending him an email and reporting back to us on the response? While I don't agree with him on all counts, I see him as a pretty intelligent guy. But really...throw down a challenge and get back to us. I'm sure it will be an enlightening adjunct to the thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Then it just gets a lot worse from there folks. It may make you angry if you have a working clear headed brain.

So are you in favor of magical underpants or not? Remember Penn also said that Obama's church also makes outrageous claims that are just bat# crazy.

I also don't think the US ever had a truly evil president. Greedy, yeah, without a doubt...most of them in fact. But outright evil...don't think so. Cheney comes closes, but he wasn't the official president

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why would he or anyone else answer my hate mail? I wouldn't waste my time on that, but if you'd like to get him and send him in here I'd be glad to oblige.

He is a smart guy, but it's a sadistic and apathetically malicious intellect, nothing to benefit humanity or anyone other than his fat pockets and stomach. The way he speaks about people deserves an abrasive confrontation from any one of us.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Penn is a bit too abrasive for my tastes, but I find myself agreeing with a lot that he says. I think in the race to prove "who's the most conservative" (while painting liberals as evil... not aware that the "conservative" positions of today were considered horrible evil liberal policies 50 and 100 years ago) that they're trying to outdo themselves in showing who is the most conservative.

I don't know if it's because they think the conservatives are the most active voters. I'm not sure this is true, however -- I think I remember something about there's a lot more moderates around who vote than hardline conservatives.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Yeah, he can be a bit rough...but that's just his style. Hard to argue with a lot of what he says. This trying to "out-faith" someone, and wasting precious time on it is laughable

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just wanted to say.....I find his logic unassailable, as I often do. Good find and I think there should be MORE stars and flags here in this election year! It's already disappeared from the New Topic heading! People don't WANT to hear truths, they want to hear what supports what they already think! Grrrr.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why would he or anyone else answer my hate mail? I wouldn't waste my time on that, but if you'd like to get him and send him in here I'd be glad to oblige.

Donno man...you made the call on him, I'm just suggesting you back it up. The glory of the internet is that pretty well anyone is accessible, and I've got a hunch he'd respond to comments. I'd just like to see that discussion unfold.

top topics

join