It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fickle Iowans and a consistent message give Santorum a chance to win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Santorum has, surprisingly, turned into the "comeback kid" in this race.

ROCK RAPIDS, Iowa -- In the final hours before Iowans make their choice for the Republican presidential nominee, Rick Santorum has been making some of his final stops here in Iowa's rural, conservative northwest corner. As he makes the last push to the finish, Santorum is clearly hoping to put himself over the top with a region full of his most fervent supporters.

In the past week, his popularity has been climbing steadily, chipping into the support base of other candidates, including those of Rick Perry. Rick Perry is not pleased and has been firing shots at Santorum, which may, ironically, make the man more visible.

It looks like the ones he's picking up may be the most conservative Republicans (at least, those are the ones most in alignment with his stance on issues) This makes me wonder if the real brawl is going to be among the "who is the MOST conservative Republican out here" gang. There don't seem to be too many centrists

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

" On Sunday, 48 hours out from the Iowa caucus, Mitt Romeny and Rick Santorum told potential voters that Iran is a danger to the United States. Santorum declared that if elected he will bomb Iran, while Romney said that Iran’s reported development of nuclear rod technology is a threat. He said “it’s also a device which can be transformed into nuclear weaponry.” ".......

Way to go Rick !..........By the way , who's going to Pay for the Bombs ?..........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I wonder if it's his hawkish remarks that is winning him more fans? I haven't followed the news closely enough to figure out what the turning point was where he started rising in the polls.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In the past week or in the past few days?

very weird...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

I wonder if it's his hawkish remarks that is winning him more fans? I haven't followed the news closely enough to figure out what the turning point was where he started rising in the polls.

Really , his Hawkish Fans ? Who may they be ? People with Money and Power to BURN I Guess........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It seems Santorum leads in the "born again evangelical community and that part of the reason he's doing well (according to that blog) is that his rise in popularity came after it was too late for everyone else to air negative ads about him. He's been hammering about the need to create jobs, and has been touring almost non-stop, I think.

I admire his energy. I don't admire his politics. I'd like to see a poll that's a chart over time and see who dropped as he began his rise.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you mean who is the most conservative out there and you actually mean who is the most conservative then it's always Ron Paul.. if you mean who is the most "conservative" (GOP definition, Read: doesn't like gay people) than Santorum is the man.

It's so funny to watch just one after another front runner flounder. I really thought they would bring in another candidate before people jumped on Santorum's wagon. I really think this shows how afraid and unsure people are. Just think there are people out there that have seriously been supporting a new candidate every month.

Where do they land?
edit on 2-1-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

" born again evangelical community "

I did not realize so many Born Again Folks were on the Hawkish Side in this Country . Must be that Wrath of God thing I Guess.........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"fickle" is an opinion not fact but I'll run with it:

So they are fickle, huh? So what's that got to do with consistency? Seems like if they are fickle and support santorum now, it's only in their fickle nature to change their mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I was raised in a fundamental baptist household and ohhhhhhh yes, they are pro-war. And pro-life.

Hopefully being highly dubious of this fool's suppos-ed surge isn't enough of a crime to get a person detained indefinately, but here are a couple pictures (thanks to the DailyPaul) of his newfound "crowd" from his stop in Cedar Rapids, this was printed on December 28th.........
Here are some folks hanging on his every word about the threat of gays and non-christinans:

And look at all these butts in seats, which clearly explain how the guy has gone from about 5% into a 3-way tie for first completely out of the blue:

edit on 2-1-2012 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

So, you think this Latest News of Santorum's " Surge " in the Iowa Polls is Nothing More than another example ot the MSM 's Creative License ? How Gullable do these Knuckleheads think Americans are ? Oh , I am sure some are , but Most of Us just gotta Laugh at some of this Stuff for it's Sheer Absurdity.........

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hmm...someone's watching...and believing the establishment's last-ditch effort to brainwash Iowans into, "anyone but RP."

Santorum has a better chance of getting run over by a submarine in the middle of a cornfield.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

Hmm...someone's watching...and believing the establishment's last-ditch effort to brainwash Iowans into, "anyone but RP."

" Santorum has a better chance of getting run over by a submarine in the middle of a cornfield. "

LOL , I Guess Rick's recent " Surge in the Polls " Still isn't good Enough to get him a Guest Spot on the Bill O'Reilly Show . Now that sure dosen't sound very " Fair and Balanced ' to me no matter How you SPIN it.........

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am actually shocked it took this long for Santorum to catch on. He seems like a GOP wet dream. Don't know if he has any skeletons in his closet, but he always seemed like he lined up with all the GOP fundamentals. Not that I am for him, but he seems better suited for the ticket than the other guys.

top topics

join