It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering The Future--Help Wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Before I begin, I need to give a brief synopsis of how I arrived at my current state of existence. My father was a preacher, so I was in church every Sunday and Wednesday for my entire childhood. As is common with the children of clergy, I rebelled around 13 and began exploring other purported meanings of existence. I did a lot of drugs and expanded my consciousness. Ultimately I settled on Science as my epistemological foundation. I’ve always had an interest in Math and Science as well as Philosophy so my metaphysical belief system was one of logical positivism, wholly analytic and I despised any spiritual explanations of reality.

A couple of years ago, while in my late 20’s, I had an experience that caused me to shed my misinformed belief systems and I’ve now accepted as true many things which I would have vehemently denied and scoffed at just a few years ago. One of these formally derided components of existence I now believe to be true is that of prophecy or divination. It seems that in the last 200 or so years, we as a species, at least here in the Western World, have completely abandoned our belief in it, or at least ostensibly. To the general public, prophecy is a relic of our unenlightened ancestors, who did not have Scientific Truth to inform their opinions. The arrogance with which we look at our ancestors and their beliefs is one of the reasons we are in such a dreadful state in civilization right now.

However, it seems that there are a group of individuals who still strongly believe in prophecy and the spiritual realm as a whole, yet they do so in private and through symbols and codes which we encounter in everyday life. I don’t claim to have any real knowledge as to who is actually running things behind the scenes. These forums abound with various theories about who or what is the invisible hand(s) herding the sheeple on earth to further their own nefarious/glorious goals. The Illuminaiti, the Freemasons, the Catholic Church, the Jews, Jesuits, Reptiles, the impotent British Throne, Rh - people, the Roman Empire, the list goes on and on. I have no #ing clue who is controlling things. And I am not going to speculate. There does seem to be a hidden agenda, but until I know more, and I may never, there is no point in filling the ether with another indictment of a group purported to be planning world domination. More noise does not help discern the truth.

On to prophecy or divination. A lot of people will these boards with numerous prophecies, visions, messages, and esoteric truths. One person claims to have a divinely inspired message and they reveal it on ATS, GLP, or whatever other site they happen to haunt. Earthquakes and Volcanoes are pretty popular as far as geological events are concerned, more on those later. There are also a lot of claimants of various reincarnations of important historical figures, who use this self proclaimed status of Saint Whoever incarnate to add legitimacy to their message. If the thread gets any attention, there is the typical back and forth between those who pick apart the message and messenger and the self styled prophet. A lot of the arguing and bickering is understandable. When someone claims they have a divine message, they are also tacitly elevating their own status as an individual to one who is good/holy/pious/devote/superior enough to receive a message from the spiritual realm. People don’t like to be made to feel less than, and when a loud mouth ego maniac starts spouting out edicts from a deity, this is what is going on substructurally. A lot of times the true character of these “prophets” is revealed by how they respond to dissent. There is nothing wrong with defending one’s beliefs, and I have been known at times on threads to get into snippy and catty arguments. But when a real delusional ego is attacked, the person begins to “smite” dissenting view points with dramatic ad hominem attacks in the name of God. The angrier they get, the more puerile the responses become, usually ending with the typical barbs about someones sexuality, race, or gender. They seem to think that calling someone a “F*g” in the name of of the most high is how a real prophet behaves. So through their own behavior and actions, they reveal themselves as being false. The “Neo” claimant's are especially fascinating. They tend to prefer GLP to ATS, for whatever reason.

About a year ago, I feel like my perceptions where guided to specific letters and locations to give me a message about an upcoming event in the United States. Specifically an Ash Cloud in Arizona. The revelatory process is hard to explain and how it works I simply don’t understand. One sentence cannot do it justice, and explaining it wholly will take much more text and distract from this post. I am working on analyzing the whole process, and when I have some clarity on the situation, I will put it into writing.
Prior to this point, I had no experience with any of the conspiracy, esoteric forums. I initially wrote a blog post about this and began to send it to various news agencies in Arizona and other large metropolitan cities. I didn’t really expect them to respond; but I felt it was necessary to get the message out there. About this time, I discovered ATS and GLP and realized that there were some like minded individuals out there that might be receptive to what I was trying to say. I started reading and posting a little bit. However, I had no idea that there were so many prophets spewing predictions and brimstone. Doom prophets are a dime a dozen here. Prophecies of doom are uploaded on the minute to these sites. Among these predictions scattered about the Internet, there seemed to be others who also have had some inclination or premonition that a major geological event was going to take place in Arizona in the near future. As a matter of fact, Warren Jeffs, the imprisoned mormon child pimp, is also selling some prophecies on his website that explicitly state that there is going to be an eruption in Arizona that destroys Phoenix, the same message that I believe was privy to. So I found myself in an existential crisis. If I am saying the same thing that someone like Jeffs is saying, how does that fit into the message itself? Could I be deceived? Was I being deceived by the same type of psychological/spiritual mechanism that Warren Jeffs is being controlled bye? But, as noted prior, there are others on these very sites that have also claimed to have a precognitive knowledge of an impending disaster in Arizona. Maybe future knowledge is already somehow accessible, and certain individuals can access it, some consciously, some subconsciously.

I’ve started a thread about this event that I believe is going to happen in Arizona. I was accused of tyring to drum up traffic for my blog, but that is not what I am about. I had to rid my ego of the idea of possession and realize that if indeed there is a message then others have accessed it as well. Maybe different people get different facets of the message and it is only through the cooperative effort of many individuals that the true meaning of the message can be derived. I initially felt possessive of the message, but I realized that nothing really “belongs” to any of us. It is through cooperation and the abandonment of the concepts of “self” and “mine” that we can really move forward.

edit on 2-1-2012 by mirrormaker326 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Continued...

Maybe I am deceived and my mind is playing tricks on me. I’ve been through the mental health system and all they want to do is medicate you into conformity. But if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing or has any inclinations or premonitions about and event in Arizona, I would love to here from you. Maybe finding others with similar experiences will help parse out the truth. I am just not sure if I am confused or finally seeing things clearly after being blind for 15 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow. Hard to read and follow. I am not even sure what your main point is after reading all that.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I am just looking for others who might have had some experience with prophecy or predicting the future. It was a little long winded, but I think it is important to try and explain my thought processes to give some background. If you have any experience with these things, feel free to add to the discussion. I apologize if the initial post was a bit rambling.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mirrormaker326

I can not tell you anything about Arizona, it does not affect my daily life, this is why I doubt I could ever get a vision about it, but I believe you about your precognitions.
I believe you, because I think that we live in a world made of many possibilities which are made of thoughts. The more people believe in something, the bigger is the possibility of creating this event. It happened many times in my life, so I don´t have a reason not believing in it.

My precognition works like followed: There´s a feeling, like a déjà-vu but stronger, in this special moment you look around you and something strikes your eye, or you hear or feel it. Something is special about the sign, or colour, whatever you see.
And in the same moment your brain is adding this "something" with "something else" (mostly a feeling in my case), puts it together, and there you have your precognition.
I have to say, the last time it happend, we lost someone in the family... with time I decided not to use it. But sometimes it comes and goes.

I don´t think that this ability is given by god or another entity. It´s our own ability. And you can train it. I did, long time ago. You can do anything you want with your thoughts. I know, this should be in another thread, but it´s important to know, where the visions are coming from.
Precognition is an ability which can be trained. It´s like advanced mathmatics in probability calculus.
A good mathematician can give you a up to 100% correct answer, a bad one gives you a possibility out of hundred. That´s why I belive you. Whatever your precognition is. You´re one of the two mathematicians.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Bible talks about the many false prophets in the end times and to be careful not to follow any of them. Seems like your doing fine so far. I have been listening to false prophets for awhile now.......curious like you and alwayd keeping an open mind.

To me they get easier and easier to spot with experience. There is no way you can predict the future and the Bible definetly tells us that nobody knows the day or the hour in which Jesus will save his people. I also feel that your path to God or whatever you want to call him is a very personal one, as it should be.

You certainly understand a lot more the more and more you pray for answers by seeking him out. I think for the most part people are confused because of all the false prophets and forget to just pray to him for the answers they seek.

I am very poor in spirit when it comes to praying and I hope to get better in time, but it is hard to keep that kind of very basic focus with all that is going on in today's times. I pray I get better, but I am certainly not a model for it. Hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mirrormaker326

How do you receive these insights? Just curious
Is the info for you personally, and you want to share?

top topics

join