It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather States Documents Are Authentic!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I saw the sorry segment of holier-than-thou Dan Rather trying to sound believable. He failed. He's is so phony.
He needs to retire
soon

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
plus, guess what..you would have to change font balls mid-sentence.

ever heard of OCCAM"s razor?

word.

Microsoft, that is.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Poor JFK, he is fighting a two front campain, one against the RNC and one against the Clintons.

To me, and to many other Amerocans, there is only ONE JFK. He died on November 22, 1963.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hey all,

This is interesting.
Found on Drudges site..

It's not taking either side...

But it is showing how non-journalists are really driving this story...
It's about places like ATS, and other blog type sites...
Maybe we are making a difference!

bloggers n boards

Pretty cool, I think..

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Hey all,

This is interesting.
Found on Drudges site..

It's not taking either side...

But it is showing how non-journalists are really driving this story...
It's about places like ATS, and other blog type sites...
Maybe we are making a difference!

bloggers n boards

Pretty cool, I think..

But how many have a critical eye, and how many are repeating, driving home, what they want to believe? Funny. Drudge didn't have a story about the bloggers exposing the Swift Vets. Yet now, all of the sudden, the blogging community is full of questions?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajm4481
I would just like to know how many of you actually care about Kerry or Bush's military record? To me, I could really care less. All I want to know is who can do what needs to be done now? So Bush can fly a plane, what does that have to do with anything now? So Kerry spent 4 months on a boat over in Vietnam, what is that going to do with anything now? Neither one has an outstanding military record, so who really cares? Because I for one do not. Anyone with me on that or am I just a lost little soul here?

Im with you I think all this stuff is irrelevant. I dont think you are a lost little soul at all I think your right on the money. But it seems Kerry has not done much of anything worth value since his 4 month tour so thats really all they can talk about. Kerry had 20 years of service in the United States Senate ,but how much do the Dems talk about that?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by SIRR1
Poor JFK, he is fighting a two front campain, one against the RNC and one against the Clintons.

To me, and to many other Amerocans, there is only ONE JFK. He died on November 22, 1963.

I agree with you on that. This was the first time I heard Kerry called JFK .

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Having spoken to folks over at CBS there is now an air of quiet confidence settling over the staff.

I think Dan has something up his sleeve.

Standard journalistic practice is not to break a story unless it is confirmed by at least 3 other sources. Even the biggest stories adhere to the 3 line rule.

It is NOT over yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
You know this could backfire. If these documents are fake, CBS could be so upset they were duped, that will devote all of their resources to find out who really faked these documents. But, of course, some wouldn't believe them. Some people on this board don't let the truth interfere with what they believe.

Backfire for Bush and the RNC? How? They're not even directly involved, and it's a lose-lose situation for Kerry and the DNC at this point...

Let's say someone at the RNC faked these documents to give to someone at the DNC (which I don't personally think is the case). Then, how stupid does that DNC person, those working with him/her, Dan Rather, and CBS look for falling for it so easily? If they were any good at spotting fake documents, they would have saw it for what it was, and just trashed it. It would never have been a story -- just a stupid e-mail attachment that no one paid attention to. This begs the question, "Do you want people so easily fooled and swayed by emotion to be in power?"

On the other hand, if someone at the DNC did this and gave it to Dan Rather and CBS, which eagerly ran the story, then this (along with Kerry suing the 'Swift Vets' group while Bush lets groups like 'MoveOn.org' be) makes Kerry and the DNC look like liars who suppress freedom of speech. Not a good combination, especially for a politician.

Why are Bush and the RNC quiet on this issue? Why not? This whole issue has nothing to do with them directly -- the DNC gave the documents to Dan Rather and CBS, who ran them. It's all on their heads. Why get involved when you can sit back and watch your opponents self-destruct on their own?

If I were Kerry, and I had nothing to do with these faked documents that came from the DNC, I'd be really pissed, and fire anyone who had contact with or allowed the leaking of those faked documents. But who knows; that's his decision, so we'll see what happens...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
The DNC would blame the Republicans. Just another smear attack by the Democrats

This could be a deceptive strategy orchestrated by the Republicans, by Bush's team or his supporters so that from now on whatever new Bush related documents that surface will be classified as fake. Don't you call this social engineering?

Who is the idiot faking documents with this kind of mistakes? Clear mistakes would clear Mr. Bush immediately achieving the above result.

Deception, deception, deception.

Oh, BTW, I am not a Democrat and I am not stupid either, I can see where Mr. Bush is leading America: WWIII

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
...I can see where Mr. Bush is leading America: WWIII

If anyone should take the blame for a World War III breaking out, it should be radical Muslims who have attacked (both militarily and through terrorism) all the major military powers of the world -- the U.S., U.K., Russia, India, China, Israel, etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
Oh, BTW, I am not a Democrat and I am not stupid either, I can see where Mr. Bush is leading America: WWIII

Oh, Wise One,

We have already fought and won WWIII. We have been fighting WWIV for a long time, but our realization of the connection of a variety of attacks on us and our interests, was brought to bear on 9/11/2001.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Your humble servant.
Grady

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Has Rather backed down from his claims yet? Has everyone seen these documents? LINK

Open that file then open up MS Word and try recreating these memos.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are none so blind of those who will not see. Of course, any attack on George W. Bush , or should I say ST George has GOT to be wrong.
Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

But how many have a critical eye, and how many are repeating, driving home, what they want to believe? Funny. Drudge didn't have a story about the bloggers exposing the Swift Vets. Yet now, all of the sudden, the blogging community is full of questions?

Listen to yourself,...
Now, all of a sudden you're worried about bloggers credentials.

WE SHOULD ONLY BELIEVE THE MEDIA- NO ONE ELSE HAS THE CREDENTIALS

Ridiculous on its face; even more so coming someone posting on a conspiracy board.

Blogs were all over the SwiftVets story: in fact because of them Kerry had to retract the claim that he was in Cambodia on Christmas, and remove inaccurate documents from his web site.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Drudge is right wing trash.

He gets the stories first because he doesn't bother to confirm anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nerdling-

I think the jury is still out on this one. Has anyone checked up on this out of the Dallas Morning News:

Casting further doubt on the memos, The Dallas Morning News said in a report for its Saturday editions that the officer named in a memo as exerting pressure to "sugar coat" Bush's record had left the Texas Air National Guard 1 1/2 years before the memo was dated.

The newspaper said it obtained an order showing that Walter B. Staudt, former commander of the Texas Guard, retired on March 1, 1972. The memo was dated Aug. 18, 1973. A telephone call to Staudt's home Friday night was not answered.

Also Rather and Matley have not said the documents themselves are authentic but merely that some of the witness testimony lends credence to that fact. You could just as easily say that other witness testimony creates doubt as to their authenticity.

Matley and Rather acknowledged the memos were difficult to definitively authenticate because CBS has only photocopies, not the originals. Matley did not return a telephone message left at his office immediately after Friday's report.

I was under the impression that CBS had the originals.

You indicated that you had contacts at CBS - what are they saying about the Staudt discrepancy?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm sorry, are you claiming to have that "critical eye"?

I think between you, ECK and BT, we can honestly say there isn't a critical bone among you, except for those that are critical of President Bush and ANY Republican!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Drudge is right wing trash.
He gets the stories first because he doesn't bother to confirm anything.

Maybe I'm missing something here Nerdling, but is there some connection between the right wing, trash, and sloppy journalism?

I have been to Drudges site, and while I really don't rely on it for my news, I have it in my favorites because he has such a wide array of news sources and columnists listed on his page. I can really get a very varied view of current events by going down his list of columnists.

Can you tell me why this individual is branded as partisan and especially a right wing partisan? Why we need a Drudge Retort? Is it because he broke the Monica Lewinsky story?

Lay it on me, "King of News, Smiter Of The Stupid!

[edit on 04/9/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

I was under the impression that CBS had the originals.

You indicated that you had contacts at CBS - what are they saying about the Staudt discrepancy?

I used to date a girl who was a journalist in NY, so I'm real cynical of the news, but isn't it a little convenient to print the story on a weekend cycle, when no one is around to respond until Monday? All weekend people will just hear the charge, not the response.

EDIT: Or I'm I being too cynical?

[edit on 11-9-2004 by curme]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join